Top 10 Posters

It's Time for MQ V!

Page 73 of 165 (2463 items) « First ... < Previous 71 72 73 74 75 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,462 Replies | 89 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 146
Points 3,075
QDancer replied on Sun, Oct 16 2011 5:51 PM

betty.tolliver@yahoo.com:

Hi Elizabeth, nice to meet you too. I'm afraid my traveling days are over since my DH passed away 3 years ago August. We used to camp near Cambria in our MH . Now I spend all my time in my Sewing room. My german shepard even knows this. Whenever I bring him in he runs right up the stairs and sits by the kid gate [ absolutely no room for him in there..lol ] and waits for me.. His treat jar is there. Very smart dog.If it weren't for him I probably wouldn't get any exercise at all. Well time for Church, then a trip to Jo-Ann's [ sale  on something I want ]..And there is no one to say I shouldn't.

Hi Betty! I am also in Bakersfield! In the Rosedale area. Didn't get to Jo-anns, was finishing up a "couch quilt" I made for myself and visiting with the grandson. Maybe I'll see ya 'round....

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,550
Points 46,960
Debbie-do replied on Sun, Oct 16 2011 6:31 PM

Great colors, Marie!

Southwest of San Antonio

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 15
Points 200
Lorry replied on Sun, Oct 16 2011 6:48 PM

Sandy,

I have a question about step 4 please.  The instructions seem to show you first sew background square to B to the right and press towards right,  Then sew on the other background fabric underneath next and press down.  Yet when I look at your color example of what it should look like, it looks like the background was sewn first on the bottom of B and then the background square to the right was added last.  Does it matter which order they are sewn and are we sewing all the way through and not leaving seam allowance open?  If it is going to be whacked off into triangles then I assume it wouldn't matter, but since this is a mystery, would appreciate confirmation I'm doing correctly.  Thanks!

Lorry

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022
Leslie replied on Sun, Oct 16 2011 6:51 PM

Lorry, it doesn't matter

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 44
Points 880

Sandy have you figured out how many extra sets we have to do to make this "queen" size?

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 15
Points 200
Lorry replied on Sun, Oct 16 2011 7:15 PM

Thanks Leslie!  Its my first mystery quilt, I'm enjoying it, don't want to mess it up.

Lorry

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,526
Sandy H. replied on Sun, Oct 16 2011 7:56 PM

Patricia Schlindwein:

Sandy have you figured out how many extra sets we have to do to make this "queen" size?

No, I haven't.  I just keep making blocks! :o)  Finished blocks are 12" plus sashing so it shouldn't be too hard to figure out.

Southwest Florida

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,526
Sandy H. replied on Sun, Oct 16 2011 7:58 PM

quilter103:
Does it matter which order they are sewn and are we sewing all the way through and not leaving seam allowance open

It doesn't matter which one you sew on first and you do need to sew it all the way through.

Southwest Florida

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 178
Points 2,605

Gagoo, so sorry about your mom and your dog. I feel the same way about sewing. The best thing is to stay busy and try not to think about it too much.I think the thing about a dog is you can do no wrong... they just love you unconditionally . It may be hard but the best medicine is to get another dog.  I have lost several over the years and after losing one I waited 2 years  before I got another. Now I wonder why I waited. They don't replace  but they fill a need  and give a reason to go on.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 15
Points 200
Lorry replied on Sun, Oct 16 2011 8:27 PM

Thank you Sandy, so nice to get quick responses.  Doing a mystery quilt is new for me and I'm liking the way its turning out so far!

Lorry

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 178
Points 2,605

Hi Mona, Well I know there are a good number of quilters in Bakersfield, I just don't know any. Besides the sale you didn't miss anything.. The lines were long both at the cutting table [ I didn't need any] and at the registers. I get out to Rosedale once a month  to Petco [ for dog food and treats]  , other than that church , chriopractor and the grocery store are the only things that get me out of the house. I did go to the KC fair on senior day for 2 hours to see the quilts and be inspired.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 790
Points 20,040
Carol replied on Sun, Oct 16 2011 8:32 PM

MNnancy:

Well, here are steps 3,4,5 together.  It sure is going to be a busy quilt.  I wonder if I can still find any more of this fabric to repeat it in the border to avoid bringing in any other colors or patterns.

Nancy,  really  like your colors ~~ (where did I get this kind of print?)  Good idea to take picture of several steps, I wondered if it wasn't a waste to post photos of each step, although I like to see everyone's colors.  I get tickled at how so many stress about this, ladies, ladies, just follow the directions and don't worry so much - takes the fun out of it!

• Filed under:
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022
Leslie replied on Sun, Oct 16 2011 10:11 PM

Finished steps 4 and 5 today, but once again DD has ran off with my camera.

[Ava, Missouri

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,456
Points 40,830
Mimi replied on Sun, Oct 16 2011 10:48 PM

Leslie,

With your colors I'm sure it's beautiful.  Can't wait to see the photos!!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 59
Points 2,395

Patricia Schlindwein:

Patricia, I'm making 36 blocks in a 6 x 6 setting.  I'm guessing about the sashing and border sizes but it seems like it will be large enough.  If you wanted a rectangular quilt you could do a 6 x 7 setting.  I often end up with square quilts because I want more width but we aren't that tall and don't need extra long quilts.  If you have a bunch of extra length the weight of it just seems to drag the quilt off the foot of the bed.  I started out with enough strip sets to make 25 groups, shooting for 49 blocks (for 7 x 7), but realized later I only needed 36.  I think the remaining 14 blocks will go into a Project Linus quilt.

Jan, the Calico Quilter 

Page 73 of 165 (2463 items) « First ... < Previous 71 72 73 74 75 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use