Top 10 Posters

It's Time for MQ V!

Page 69 of 165 (2463 items) « First ... < Previous 67 68 69 70 71 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,462 Replies | 89 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Fri, Oct 14 2011 7:15 PM

Nancy,I really like your fabric very pretty.Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,043
Points 169,873
Marie replied on Fri, Oct 14 2011 7:16 PM

Nancy, love your fabrics!  Very nice.

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,412
Points 62,115
Bonita replied on Fri, Oct 14 2011 7:58 PM

Barbara, your looking good. Adding the A's makes a nice layout.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,412
Points 62,115
Bonita replied on Fri, Oct 14 2011 7:59 PM

Nancy, very pretty and love the reds.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,120
Karla replied on Fri, Oct 14 2011 8:32 PM

Patty:

Just worked on steps 4 and 5, almost half done.  Sooo...I have only 4 rectangles of group A left plus a lot less of background squares, is that right?  Also I've lost track of Bs and Cs (which is which) on the ones already sewn.  I'm hoping that since they are all the same layout, it won't matter down the road.  Can you tell I'm a little worried, a little stressed, and a whole lot excited?!?!  Happy sewing all, Patty in NV

Hi Patty!  I only have 4 rectangles of fabric A left also, plus some background fabric.  I think we'll probably be able to figure out which is B and which is C when we start putting it together.

I see  you're from Sun Valley.  I'm in Fernley and haven't met any Western NV quilters on this site so I am really glad to see you on here.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,402
Points 45,175

Karla:
I only have 4 rectangles of fabric A left also

This has been the most confusing of all the MQs that I have done. On step 5 are we supposed to end up with two strips or three? The instructions are for two, but there are three pictures.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,019
Points 20,425
Carol W replied on Fri, Oct 14 2011 9:34 PM

Pat, I think you will have 2 strips. The third picture in the instructions is if your fabric A was not long enough to cut the required squares - they are saying you can add another fabric in its place as long as it is different from the B and C fabrics.  If you have enough of the A squares then you can ignore the Figure 8 diagram.

Carol W. in Arkansas

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 101
Points 1,615
Katie replied on Fri, Oct 14 2011 10:34 PM

Penny.....Where in Wyoming are you?  I live in Wyoming as well

Beth.....Glad we have another mammo tech on here, I'm sorry to hear about your accident and that your no longer in the Radiology field.  There were many a days I wished I worked graves just so I could take my quilting with me.

Everyone's picture are great, I'm hoping to post some on Sunday, depending on how my weekend of call goes.  My larger quilt will be very interesting since I reversed my fabric by mistake but after cutting all those squares I thought heck why not!!

Katie

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 59
Points 2,395

MNnancy:

Thanks, Jan, for keeping the secret.  Many of us like the surprise at the end.

(

I wouldn't think of saying a word!  If I'm right (and I still could be fooled, you know) everyone will love this quilt. 

Beautiful fabrics!  I would not have thought of using the red for the background.   Those are my kind of colors - I bought a FQ bundle of that and made a modified log cabin quilt,  but gave it away to charity.

Jan, the Calico Quilter 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 445
Points 6,915
Pat Badder replied on Sat, Oct 15 2011 12:31 PM

Hi Patty,   I too have 4 rectangles of fabric A left also, and some background fabric.  Nothing left from B or C. I marked by bags with what color was A, B, and C. Still have to work on my other 5 groups. Good Luck and I am anxious to see turnout of everyone's quilts. I know that they will all be beautiful quilts. This is my first MQ I'm doing.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 159
Points 2,370

I have 4 rectangles left as well..  to keep from getting confused [easy to do] , I made as swatch page listing all the  "A" groups.  My group 1 &4, 2&5, 3& 6 are the same. I also listed the  "B" and "C" groups.. Got all my sewing done yesterday . Today I press. I'm sure I can find something to keep busy till Friday, so much fabric so little time, lol.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 445
Points 6,915
Pat Badder replied on Sat, Oct 15 2011 12:34 PM

Forgot to mention I posted my group one steps 4 and 5 in the Media section.

Pat B from Southern California

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 13
Points 290
Patty replied on Sat, Oct 15 2011 12:38 PM

Hi Karla,

Glad to meet you...my daughter used to live in Fernley and teach at the high school.  Now we live in Sun Valley, it's good to know there are other quilters in the area doing this mystery.  It's so fun to do mysteries and I love to see the different results with all the different fabric choices.  I finished all my sewing last night and hope to finish the ironing today.  Then wait patiently for the next clue.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,344
Points 38,975
Mimi replied on Sat, Oct 15 2011 12:44 PM

Hi Pat,

I think you are only supposed to have two strips after you are finished with step 5.  figure 8 is only if you didn't have enough of fabric A and had to make a substitution with another fabric.  I have some background squares and 4 of each darker rectangles left.  I never was a good counter when I cut.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,402
Points 45,175

I have 4 rectangles of the A fabric and a scary number of the background squares. LOL, what are we going to do with all of those?  The 3rd illustration of the strips was confusing. Glad I didn't make a bunch of them to rip out! I wasn't real happy with some of my strip sets from the first go round, but now that I see so many other pieces put together I think they will be fine.

Page 69 of 165 (2463 items) « First ... < Previous 67 68 69 70 71 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use