Top 10 Posters

It's Time for MQ V!

Page 6 of 165 (2463 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,462 Replies | 89 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 92
Points 2,678
Harolyn replied on Tue, Sep 13 2011 11:27 PM
How many jelly rolls will be needed? Count me in too!
MAKE EVERYDAY AN ADVENTURE!
  • | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Wed, Sep 14 2011 3:00 AM

Sandy H.:
Ok, now be patient.  Only 2 more days until the full fabric list is posted.

Sandy - please count me in on this.  Will be gone when it starts but will catch up when we get back on the 20th.  Sounds like fun and will have to decide if I want to cut my own or use a jelly roll - I tend to hoard them!  I know it sounds silly but that is just my thing.  Also would there be any use for a layer cake and/or a charm pack  that matches a jelly roll in this MQ?  Just curious.  This will be my first MQ on QCA and I hope it doesn't become another UFO!

Marge P

Twisp WA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Wed, Sep 14 2011 7:08 AM

Sandy, I am sure back somewhere I said I want in on this. But, in case that was just a senior moment and I really didn't, I WANT IN ON THIS. There is only ONE more day. Unless you want to start today!!!.

Sukochi

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 365
Points 6,820

VERY excited!  An excuse to go buy fabric!  I have done one other mystery quilt (not here though) and it was FUN! 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,819
Points 43,839
Eileen replied on Wed, Sep 14 2011 7:38 AM

Harolyn, according to Sandy's last post, one jelly roll is enough for the larger quilt size. What that size is probably will be revealed on Friday when the fabric requirements are posted.

I think we're all excited & ready to go & driving Sandy crazy with our eagerness! LOL

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 24
Points 345
Marsha replied on Wed, Sep 14 2011 9:31 AM

I'm new to the MQ and it excites me to  read all the posts. I  do have a question though. I usually  hand quilt and it takes me much longer to  hand stitch than those of you  using  a sewing machine. I  also  have a full time job. I  guess what  I  need to  know is if  I  have to  keep  up  with the rest of the group  or can I  work at my  own pace hand stitching. I  do  have a machine and have sewn many quilts on it but my  great pleasure is hand stitching. I need some advise ... I  could machine stitch this one if I need to. What do  you think?

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,577
Points 51,695
Ginny replied on Wed, Sep 14 2011 10:45 AM

Darn,  I wanted to join the MQV, but I am commited to making 5 quilts and a tabletopper for Christmas, so I am going to have to pass this time.....Ginny  

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,307
Points 20,790
KATHY replied on Wed, Sep 14 2011 2:25 PM

I also wanted to join theMQV.  due to have surgery on the right hand and elbow. gonna have to pass.   Sure sounds like fun though!!

CLEVELAND, TEXAS

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Sep 14 2011 4:20 PM

Ladies , I think these MQ's are posted for a long time so you will be able to do them at your own pace if needed.. I'm sure the hostess will let you know for sure ...Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598

Ginny and Kathy -- they always need cheerleaders for the MQ group.  I have done that when i am up to my eyebrows in other projects and can't take on anything else.  The cheerleaders just keep up with everything the group is doing and offer encouragement. as they go along. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,577
Points 51,695
Ginny replied on Wed, Sep 14 2011 4:34 PM

That's a thought Marge -- if I even have time to come up for a breath. 

I'm going into hiding, I think, til after Christmas so no one else can make any requests.  What do they think I am? Super woman?  Yeah, probably.  Well, super woman better get back to her quilting.....Ginny

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,131
Points 28,645
Wendy replied on Wed, Sep 14 2011 5:26 PM

I will be sitting this one out.  The Sewing room is still in storage and I have decided to enter the quilt contest for JoAnn  Fabrics. So I will be working on it so that it can be completed on time.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,526
Sandy H. replied on Wed, Sep 14 2011 8:09 PM

Marsha :
I  need to  know is if  I  have to  keep  up  with the rest of the group  or can I  work at my  own pace hand stitching.

Marsha,

You can work at your own pace.  The instructions are posted each Friday and they stay there forever (well, for a long time anyway)!  It's not a contest to see who finishes first, although there are some over achievers in this group. :o)    I'm glad you are going to join us.

Southwest Florida

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,526
Sandy H. replied on Wed, Sep 14 2011 8:12 PM

Ginny and Kathy,

We always need cheerleaders so will look forward to hearing what you think about the project as it emerges.  I think once you see how easy, quick, and cute this quilt is you will add it to your list of "must do's."  I'm already working on a second one to give as a Christmas gift.

Southwest Florida

Not Ranked
Posts 51
Points 785
Beth D replied on Thu, Sep 15 2011 9:57 AM

I signed up for the last MQ and got an offer on my house, so I got busy packing and moving and didn't get to make the quilt.  Short of a natural disaster, nothing should stop me on this one!

Beth in SC

Page 6 of 165 (2463 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use