Top 10 Posters

It's Time for MQ V!

Page 47 of 165 (2463 items) « First ... < Previous 45 46 47 48 49 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,462 Replies | 89 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,534
Points 177,478
Marie replied on Sun, Oct 2 2011 4:07 PM

KARENS-14:
I am excited about the mystery quilt....never did one before...

You're welcome.  MQ's are fun, I made the first 3 but they're still just tops.  I bought into the Craftsy course with Wendy Butler Berns all about quilting so I hope they won't be just tops for too much longer.  I've only watched the first three segments and feel confident I will get these tops quilted.  Wish me luck.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082

Hi Karen 14 welcome

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280

I got up to the "Sewing Loft" and got my fabric sorted and Group 1, 2, 3, & 4 all cut, now I'm getting excited. Tomorrow is still suppose to be indoor weather, so I'll hopefully get 5 & 6 cut then I'll wait with baited breath until Friday!

xoxoxo,

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,248
Points 25,270

Still have not cut, but my sister who is my color guru, said she liked them.  Will let them lay aroound for a couple of more days and them we will see.  Might wait for the next step before I cut.

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Oct 3 2011 8:36 AM

cut my fabric this morning got up early for some reason,,4am , posted then on the media site in groups ..it went easier then it sounds  LOL..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 45
Points 765
Pat replied on Mon, Oct 3 2011 9:05 AM

Got mine cut over the weekend also.   I have the same issue, took pictures of my worms before cutting now I have to figure out how to post.  Hopefully will post soon.  I may get a little behind on the sewing though as my step son is getting married this weekend.  Really looking forward to this MQ.

Pat R

Pat

Not Ranked
Posts 51
Points 785
Beth D replied on Mon, Oct 3 2011 9:51 AM

I'm cut, bagged and ready. 

Beth in SC

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,604
Points 48,215
Debbie-do replied on Mon, Oct 3 2011 10:39 AM

Sounds like a crime scene, Beth!!   :)

Southwest of San Antonio

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280

Well I'm the Sewing Loft with the fireplace blazing away, actually it is pretty warm up here now. I finished cutting my worms and now must wait until Friday. I'm going to take a picture as soon as I remember to get my camera. I have my little Acer in here so that I can run my embroidery machine, but haven't as of yet.

Now just to wait for Friday!

xoxoxo

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 105
Points 3,470
I'm excited to do MQ 5. It is my first MQ. I am using 2 1/2" strips that I have cut from fabrics from other quilts I've made. It will be a "memory" MQ!. I had a big enough piece of fabric for the background and have cut those strips. This week I'll cut and label all the parts and should be ready for friday. I love that I didn't purchase any fabric. How cool is that? Happy cutting this week! Cathy
Marine Mom ~ Cathy
Not Ranked
Posts 51
Points 785
Beth D replied on Mon, Oct 3 2011 1:56 PM

That's funny Debbie!!  Maybe I should be more careful how I word my progress...I'd hate to be arrested before i finish this quilt!  :)

Beth in SC

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 52
Points 1,105

I have an active arrow that seems to jump and land on everything that either erases or adds.  I've almost finished  cutting, tagging and bagging the material.  I so enjoy this.  I haven't made up my mind yet whether to buy that machine to cut.  I found an ad to one of the quilt stores in TX that they sell time to use it.   By the way where are all or some of you from?  I'm in Indiana, but lived in TX for years.  My family are still there.  My son moved to Seattle  and don't think he'll go back to TX.  Well this doesn't have anything to do with quilting, but I hate the snow too.

• | Post Points: 95
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Mon, Oct 3 2011 4:22 PM

Beth Reese, I am Livein North Ga. Mtns. Been amember here since aug this year. Love it. You have so many knowledgeable quilters here.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,534
Points 177,478
Marie replied on Mon, Oct 3 2011 4:26 PM

Beth I'm glad you're having fun with the MQ.  

I have the Accuquilt Go and love it.  It's a recent purchase but I have to tell you it made cutting my 200 2 1/2" squares an easy job.  I have since added more "worms" to my mix of fabric and I found a better match for the background so I'll be cutting another 200   2 1/2" squares again.

I'm from Massachusetts born and raised here, matter of fact when I got married I only moved one town over from where I was born so I live in a small world.  BTW we try to refrain from mentioning the word      s--w in front of Kris, she gets so upset.  LOL

Millbury, MA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Mon, Oct 3 2011 4:35 PM

Hi Beth,  I like your wording.   Just finished tagging and bagging mine too. Decided I will work on a Hunter's Star quilt while I'm working on MQ5.  I bought a "Rapid Fire Hunter's Star Ruler" during the shop hop here and it seems like it'll be easy enough for even me to do.

I was born and raised in Southern California, moved to Phoenix in 1982, back to L.A. in 1986 when parents started fading.  Took care of my folks till they passed on in 1987 and 1991.   My kids moved back to Phoenix in the late 90's and I followed in 2002.  Have been here ever since.  I love it except the time period of June through September.  Most days the heat is tolerable but the other 8 months make up for it. 

Page 47 of 165 (2463 items) « First ... < Previous 45 46 47 48 49 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use