Top 10 Posters

It's Time for MQ V!

Page 46 of 165 (2463 items) « First ... < Previous 44 45 46 47 48 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,462 Replies | 89 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Sat, Oct 1 2011 10:25 PM

After sorting and re-sorting my strips, I made a trip to lqs and bought 1/4 yard of  gold./orange batik so I could have a "light" in each group.   Love my colors but they all were about the same value.  At least this way I will have a light in each group and will make it my "anchor" fabric.  Will cut tomorrow while I think about all the gals in Leavenworth. 

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 76
Points 2,830

Looks like a dream place to live and quilt!  If I could only win the lottery....

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280

Leslie :

MNnancy, all mine are already in baggies sorry

ah talk about over achievers, Leslie!  I just got the directions printed out and haven't even really loooked at them. Maybe today! It will be Friday before we know it. Great looking fabric, everyone. Maybe today, I'll get some heat in the sewing "loft" After seeing those pictures for that log cabin in the woods in Georgia, my "over the garage" sewing room (24 x 24) 576 sq feet is going to be called the "Sewing Loft" so there huf huf lol! Really though, as an ex- Realtor® . now, that isn't a bad price for that acreage and sq footage so some of you ought to jump on it and turn it into a retreat for all of us to visit at least once a year!!!!

Do not know what happen to my font here but I can now read it. lol!

xoxoxo,

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Sun, Oct 2 2011 7:29 AM

Oh, MoomMIst, I dreamed, instantly, of having that place and having a retreat for us there. Now, to win the lottery. Only way I would get that. But, the way property is at a stand still in GA. that probably will finally sell at a give away price!! Not one can afford places in the mountains anymore. We have 6 pages of foreclosures in our local newspapers. Many are 'weekend" cabins for those who live other places. It is so sad. We aren't moving anywhere, our house is paid for!

Sukochi

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

Oh, MoomMIst, I dreamed, instantly, of having that place and having a retreat for us there. Now, to win the lottery. Only way I would get that. But, the way property is at a stand still in GA. that probably will finally sell at a give away price!! Not one can afford places in the mountains anymore. We have 6 pages of foreclosures in our local newspapers. Many are 'weekend" cabins for those who live other places. It is so sad. We aren't moving anywhere, our house is paid for!

Yes, I understand, but things are going to turn around. The people of America are winners and hard times do not last forever so saith the Eternal Optimist! I'd move south in a heartbeat, if I were healthy and could physically do it. I hate the cold and snow, and I have family in Florida, Georgia, Alabama, California and Texas, so why am I the only one sitting up here on the southern shores of Lake Erie, freezing the 2nd day of October! Move here from Alabama back in the 60's when there were jobs here, but it was never my intention to say here! Oh well, water under the bridge, and now I have my "Sewing Loft" as my retreat with a gas fireplace to boot!

xoxoxo

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280

Now, I'm going to play some Angry Birds on Google Chrome and wait for the hamburger to thraw to make the meatballs... I know, that DH said he is going to make dinner, but I know different! He will start, and I'll have to finish LOL!

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 70

OK.... I spent an hour looking for the Media area and still haven't been able to "find" it.    Since I am new to this forum I'd appreciate a Link to it..  sorry I am finding it very hard to navigate the site..     

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,633
Points 48,810

granny judy:

OK.... I spent an hour looking for the Media area and still haven't been able to "find" it.    Since I am new to this forum I'd appreciate a Link to it..  sorry I am finding it very hard to navigate the site..     

http://www.quiltersclubofamerica.com/groups/mystery_quilt_5/media/default.aspx

There you go Granny Judy :)

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Sun, Oct 2 2011 8:56 AM

Still  not up to speed with everyone but I do have my strips sorted...just not cut.  I'll catch up soon and maybe even post my fabrics.  Looks like everyone is having fun with this so far.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,933
Points 125,230

granny judy:

OK.... I spent an hour looking for the Media area and still haven't been able to "find" it.   

Granny Judy

In the top red toolbar, click on Groups. Under the heading "Your Groups"  click on the Mystery Quilt #5 icon. Then you'll see the word Media in the right column. Click on that and you'll see all the photos that have been posted so far.

To access the instructions for Mystery Quilt 5, (there are a couple ways to get to the instructions). Click on "home" in the top red toolbar. Click on Mystery Quilt 5 Workshop.

Hope this helps. I'm assuming you already joined the Mystery Quilt 5 group?

I'm now unplugging my laptop, loading it into our RV and we're heading down the road to the Leavenworth retreat. Can't wait to meet everyone!

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 80

Hi Sandy,

Just opened my email and saw the "Mystery Quilt 5".... am a quilter and love it...( had hubby build me a room last year and then last Nov. bought a longarm at the Houston Show!!) so I am really into quilting, but never did a mystery quilt before....

I am late starting....but I would love to join...

Is it too late???

Karen

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,728
Marie replied on Sun, Oct 2 2011 2:35 PM

Karen, in case Sandy doesn't answer right away I could tell you it's not too late to join.  You have plenty of time to get your fabric and do the cutting before the next directions.  No sewing involved yet.  Welcome aboard and have fun with it.

Millbury, MA

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 80

Thank you Marie,

I go to BOM at the lqs on Tuesday, so I will get the fabric then....as well as for my workshop on the 24th with the local quilting guild.... I am excited about the mystery quilt....never did one before...

K

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 210
Points 5,400
Renee replied on Sun, Oct 2 2011 3:52 PM

Patricia,

Thanks for the photo, it really helped.   This is my first MQ so, I was completely lost.

I just finished cutting all my pieces, and now I am afraid, yours look so much bigger.  I followed the instructions so, I will keep my fingers crossed and wait for the next step.

Thanks,

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,526

KARENS-14:

I am late starting....but I would love to join...

Is it too late???

Welcome Karen.  Marie is correct.  You still have plenty of time.  Grab your fabrics and jump in!

Southwest Florida

Page 46 of 165 (2463 items) « First ... < Previous 44 45 46 47 48 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use