Top 10 Posters

It's Time for MQ V!

Page 43 of 165 (2463 items) « First ... < Previous 41 42 43 44 45 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,462 Replies | 89 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,478
Points 362,127
Kris replied on Sat, Oct 1 2011 1:37 AM

Eileen:

I like the yellow but I don't think it contrasts enough with the background, so would the multi stripe be better??

These are my leftover strips - since I haven't done any cutting I can still make substitutions (trying to avoid the yellows for more contrast with the background):

Eileen,

I like the stripe as well. Of your extras I like the greens.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,499
Points 138,433

Eileen,

I think your choices look amazing! I like the stripe as well for  the group in question. I like the way it brings in a blend of the greens and rusts. I also love that you are stepping out of your "comfort" zone on this one.  I'm with you, I think the yellow is so cheerful. Love it!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,499
Points 138,433

Margaret Weber:
Excited to see how this goes and am not worried if i get behind.

I'm excited for you as well. There is usually plenty of time to catch up in between steps. The cutting is usually the part that takes the longest....

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,499
Points 138,433

Cathy D:
I still need to get my fabric.  I feel so left behind.  

Left behind?  No way,  We're just getting started. You have plenty of time. I'd wager to guess you'll even finish before a lot of us. LOL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,499
Points 138,433

granny judy:

I am so lost since there are NO pictures... I'm hanging around to see if anyone posts a few photos so I know where to start and what to expect.  These are the fabrics I set  aside for my quilt...

Granny,

We are starting to post some pics in media part of the group. I had highlighted some on the instructions and posted a pic on page 39 of this forum. If you need any additional help, just let us know. I can post a pic of what each a, b, c looks like cut for you if you'd like.  We are always happy to help. Love your fabrics....

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977

granny Judy, your fabrics look great. There are alot of photos in the media area in groups section of mystery quilt 5.   Welcome to the club

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 806
Points 12,419
Joan L. replied on Sat, Oct 1 2011 7:14 AM

Good morning Leslie

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977

Joan, Good  Morning to you, how are you doing this morning ?

[Ava, Missouri

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 806
Points 12,419
Joan L. replied on Sat, Oct 1 2011 7:24 AM

Doing good Leslie. Have decieded to just be a cheerleader for this mystery quilt. Good quilting to everone. They are going to be beautiful.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,499
Points 138,433

Joan L.:
Good quilting to everone.

Thanks Joan, and thanks for being a cheerleader too!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 44
Points 880

Thanks to Debra and Stephanie, the visual really helped.  I have started cutting my worms but I am also working on a Christmas quilt at the same time.  Maybe that is why I was having trouble understanding.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 13
Points 275
Ginny M replied on Sat, Oct 1 2011 9:13 AM

I have assembled my 10 sets of 3 strips:  A=Medium, B=Light, and C=Dark.  I haven't subcut them yet.  Are there any hints out there if this would be the best arrangement?  My mediums are closest to my background, the lights and darks contrast well.  I can still rearrange my A-B-C values if there is a helpful hint out there!  Thanks.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 345
Points 5,995

Yeah!  Got everything cut, bagged, pictures posted and I am ready to go! 

Penny

Not Ranked
Posts 18
Points 330

I finally got it figured out, I joined group and got PDF.  My qestion is:  Can I use severl different fabrics or tonals for the background or would it look better to keep it in just 1 fabric?  I'm looking at my stash trying to figur out if I have most of the fabrics needed w/o having to go to the fabric store.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,195
Points 24,070
Elizabeth replied on Sat, Oct 1 2011 10:16 AM

I haven;t done a thing.  Keep second guessing my fabric!

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

Page 43 of 165 (2463 items) « First ... < Previous 41 42 43 44 45 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use