Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today?

Page 760 of 764 (11453 items) « First ... < Previous 758 759 760 761 762 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 11,452 Replies | 87 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429
Diane Morgan replied on Sun, Dec 12 2010 9:16 PM | Locked

gini:

Eileen:

I like the idea of a rotating/traveling quilt gallery but how can you suggest we'd never have to make another quilt?! Oh, I get it - you just want to stare at your fabric stash, pet it once in a while & not cut into any of it!! LOL  But what about all those companies that sell thread & needles?? Are you adding another room or condo on to store all that fabric or is it becoming insulation? Hmmm...

this is an idea in progress.     gini

A new acronym---------IIP-----idea in progress.

North of Boston MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,555
Points 377,122
Kris replied on Sun, Dec 12 2010 9:20 PM | Locked

Thanks for the kind words on my blocks everyone. 

My appliqué adventure tonight did not go well. The pieces are small so I'm holding the block tight enough to hurt my wrist. I'm also getting a headache. I'll try some more tomorrow.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429
Diane Morgan replied on Sun, Dec 12 2010 9:25 PM | Locked

Elgato~

Welcome back. Now don't start cutting fabric like a mad woman with a healing rotator cuff. Take it easy!

Now how are you going to sneak these things in the house? Won't your DH see these new shiny things and realize something is strange here? Is he the kind that wouldn't notice? Especially the QuiltCutter. That's a weird looking contraption that would catch a guy's eye. My DH had to come and try it out. Too bad his attention span is the size of a pea or I might have convinced him to do all my fabric cutting. lol

North of Boston MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429
Diane Morgan replied on Sun, Dec 12 2010 9:27 PM | Locked

Kris~

Your latest blocks are beautiful.

North of Boston MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 791
Points 20,075
Carol replied on Sun, Dec 12 2010 9:44 PM | Locked

Yes, I did work on a quilt today - did that first before I let this computer keep me busy on it - takes me a long time to read what everyone says, so afraid I'll miss something, you know, I keep going back to see what someone was referring to in their latest post.  I did get the third step of the roll roll cotton boll mystery done yesterday (except I have to remove the papers from the 60 blocks!)  Now today I did the next step - it was really easy, got it done, now wait for step four next Friday.  I have a party to go to tomorrow, and I made a set of pillowcases for the gift, and also a fabric bag to wrap it in.  Have you seen the idea of using pieces of an old metal measuring tape (about 3/4" wide) and a piece long enough to fit the top of your bag--it makes it self closing, snaps back - cute!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,771
Points 65,968
Jeanine replied on Sun, Dec 12 2010 9:52 PM | Locked

MNnancy:

Jeanine, this is the second reference I've seen to a "bedrunner."  What exactly is that?

A bedrunner is like a "short" quilt that goes across the bottom of a bed.  A lot of the hotels use something similar now.  It is to keep your feet warm but I think it is more decoration than anything else.  Just another way to decorate with quilts.  That's why I thought a Christmas one would be appropriate to throw across the end of the guest bed.  The one I did for a co-worker actually wanted a King size quilt and I talked her into a bedrunner instead as a way to add the look of a quilt to the room without the full thing.  I'm not sure if I'm sold with them or not but I was intrigued by the idea.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,771
Points 65,968
Jeanine replied on Sun, Dec 12 2010 9:55 PM | Locked

This is the Christmas bedrunner top. 

This is the one for my co-worker.  It obviously does not match the decor in my quest room.

• | Post Points: 80
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,824
Points 43,844
Eileen replied on Sun, Dec 12 2010 10:09 PM | Locked

Kris, it's always fun to see your DJ blocks :-)  Sorry quilting wasn't as enticing today - we all have those days - but you quilted anyway!!  I would be like you with the small pieces, holding them so tight my wrists would hurt.  I hope you feel better & get some rest.  Perhaps when you get back to it, it'll be easier.  Cuddle up with a cute cat in the meantime - that's great medicine!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,824
Points 43,844
Eileen replied on Sun, Dec 12 2010 10:10 PM | Locked

I like your bedrunners, Jeanine - another great way to use fabric & decorate! I hadn't heard of them either until the posts here on QCA.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,771
Points 65,968
Jeanine replied on Sun, Dec 12 2010 10:16 PM | Locked

Here are the quilts I mentioned in an earlier post of the quilts made from a friends late husbands shirts.  They will go to two of her daughters.  There is still one more to be made for the third daughter.  They are basically the same.  I found a quilt in a Keepsake Quilting magazine and adapted that pattern to this.  I thought it was simple for a new quilter.  My friend picked out the music sashing as they are a very musical family and this was very appropriate.   I did a simple meander as to not take away from the shirt fabric.  Nothing stunning by very meaningful and I am very thankful I could be a part of this for the family.  I'm also trying to convince Linda that she should join my quilt ministry now that she has proven she can make a quilt! LOL

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,824
Points 43,844
Eileen replied on Sun, Dec 12 2010 10:18 PM | Locked

Well, I did get into my sewing room today, in stages, and finished one panel (of three) for Dh's niece's quilt. It is a bit bumpy (doesn't lay totally flat) but since it's my first, I'm pleased with it.  The lightest colors which got washed out in the photo are greens & greenish-teals. The fabrics that look like light & light-medium pink are actually purples.

• | Post Points: 125
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 243
Points 6,220
Grandma Sal replied on Sun, Dec 12 2010 10:27 PM | Locked

Carol:
Yes, I did work on a quilt today - did that first before I let this computer keep me busy on it - takes me a long time to read what everyone says,

It is real easy to get caught up in all the posts about quilting.  Sometimes there is a really good tip or a beautiful quilt.  Lots to keep you distracted from finishing all the UFO's that are hidden away in your sewing room.  I have a long history of getting distracted by my computer, so I have learned how to take little vacations from my computer, and if I miss something... oh well, there is always more information out there.

I have a quilting Christmas luncheon to go to tomorrow.  The hostess will be happy when I get there because I finished quilting the quilt she made for her grand daughter.  I got that finished yesterday.  I have a quilt from another lady in the group that I put on the frame this afternoon and tried to get it done.  It is real small, so it might have been doable in one afternoon, but I ran out of time as we went to the children's Christmas concert at church this evening.  I was excited about this quilt because I had a new template I was using for the first time.  I am really impressed how nice the quilting is looking with this new tool.  It's a curved template that allows me to do a curved cross hatch, 

Probably won't get any quilting done tomorrow.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 243
Points 6,220
Grandma Sal replied on Sun, Dec 12 2010 10:32 PM | Locked

Eileen:
It is a bit bumpy (doesn't lay totally flat) but since it's my first, I'm pleased with it. 

Now I am relatively new, so I may have missed lots... but are you saying this is your first quilt, or is it your first bargello.  It's pretty impressive either way.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,555
Points 377,122
Kris replied on Sun, Dec 12 2010 11:22 PM | Locked

Eileen,

your bargello is gorgeous. Nice work.

Thea sent me a bargello book (my third) and I have fabric ear marked for such a project. Hopefully in the new year I'll be able to get to it. 

Eileen:
Kris, it's always fun to see your DJ blocks :-)  Sorry quilting wasn't as enticing today - we all have those days - but you quilted anyway!!  I would be like you with the small pieces, holding them so tight my wrists would hurt.  I hope you feel better & get some rest.  Perhaps when you get back to it, it'll be easier.  Cuddle up with a cute cat in the meantime - that's great medicine!

Thanks Eileen. I just wasn't feeling it today. Which is bad since I have four kid quilts I want to finish before year end. I've got the kitty situation taken care of - they're both in the bed with me.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,555
Points 377,122
Kris replied on Sun, Dec 12 2010 11:24 PM | Locked

Jeanine:
This is the Christmas bedrunner top. 

Jeanine,

I like your bed runner, very festive. I've never made one but I do have an old quilt (store bought) folded in half at the foot of our bed. It serves to keep our feet warm and also provide the cats something to sleep on.

Page 760 of 764 (11453 items) « First ... < Previous 758 759 760 761 762 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use