Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today?

Page 731 of 764 (11453 items) « First ... < Previous 729 730 731 732 733 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 11,452 Replies | 87 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Wed, Dec 1 2010 6:43 PM | Locked

Pat Lancaster:
I'm glad you are keeping it!

Pat,

Knowing me, LOL, Once I get the quilting done, it'll be gone on a whim....LOL. I'm "flawed" that way. LOL. My MIL and family have stopped admiring anything I have, or wear because it would be in their suitcase when they got home. LOL. The nature of a quilter....LOL.    

• | Post Points: 0
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 791
Points 20,075
Carol replied on Wed, Dec 1 2010 7:12 PM | Locked

Quilt Maverick:

OOh i sure like this!   Love the redwork!  Love the Americana feel to the whole quilt.  Were the fabrics chosen for you or did you get to choose them?  because I am very moved by the color choices.  Its like the wagons are crossing over the Mississippi (Light blue diagonal pieced stripe) and going toward the desert (brown area in the lower corner) I sort of see the big blue area fields toward the top and upper right to be the Great Lakes.  How beautiful.  I love America. 

Thank you so much!  I picked the fabrics - they said to pick them to complement your focus blocks, and these were what I came up with - felt like I lucked out 'cause I liked the way it looked, too!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 791
Points 20,075
Carol replied on Wed, Dec 1 2010 7:16 PM | Locked

Every time I post lately, I get the error message, but just ignore it, and the message posts anyway.  But then when I cancel the error message, it kicks me off the site. ~~~but they can't get rid of me - I just get right back on and continue reading and posting!! And the signatures disappeared again!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,270
Points 35,195
Granny M replied on Wed, Dec 1 2010 7:44 PM | Locked

very pretty quilt Amber.  Is that rick rack by the border? Or did you sew all those tiny pcs

Granny M

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 295
Points 6,165
amber2009 replied on Wed, Dec 1 2010 7:52 PM | Locked

Granny M:

very pretty quilt Amber.  Is that rick rack by the border? Or did you sew all those tiny pcs

Granny M

No they are prairie points, a square simply folded and pressed. Then sewn into the border seam. Very easy.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Wed, Dec 1 2010 9:25 PM | Locked

Carol:
Every time I post lately, I get the error message, but just ignore it, and the message posts anyway.  But then when I cancel the error message, it kicks me off the site.

This has really been going on a long time now, hasn't it?  When I get the error message, I just pull down from the back button on my browser's toolbar to the last good page that worked.  You're right, the replies post just fine anyway.

I hope this doesn't discourage new members who haven't figured out that this is just a nuisance but not a serious problem.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429
Diane Morgan replied on Wed, Dec 1 2010 9:30 PM | Locked

Stephanie:

Pat Lancaster:
I'm glad you are keeping it!

Pat,

Knowing me, LOL, Once I get the quilting done, it'll be gone on a whim....LOL. I'm "flawed" that way. LOL. My MIL and family have stopped admiring anything I have, or wear because it would be in their suitcase when they got home. LOL. The nature of a quilter....LOL.    

Steph~

I really ADMIRE your quilt. I could even ship a suitcase down to you so you could put it in there and I'll pay for shipping back. I really, really ADMIRE your quilt. Is my ploy working yet?????

North of Boston MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Wed, Dec 1 2010 9:34 PM | Locked

Amber

I missed this post.  Beautiful quilt and I love the prairie points.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,132
Points 28,645
Wendy replied on Wed, Dec 1 2010 9:35 PM | Locked

I finished a set of Christmas place matts and Table topper today.  I had a bunch of HST's left from Christmas projects so I sewed them all together and made two Hot pads.

Now I am going to try and finish quilting my Boxy Stars quilt Hope to post picture of it tomorrow

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Wed, Dec 1 2010 9:36 PM | Locked

Oh NO you don't Diane.  If she is shipping that quilt anywhere it will be here in Virginia.  I more than admire that quilt.  I am in love. 

Vinton, Virginia

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 295
Points 6,165
amber2009 replied on Wed, Dec 1 2010 9:49 PM | Locked

Thanks for all the nice comments. I really like how it turned out.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Wed, Dec 1 2010 9:52 PM | Locked

Wendy

Love the pot holder.  I love to use left over pieces or the spare block to make potholders.  They are always needed and so pretty.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,544
Points 417,019
gini replied on Thu, Dec 2 2010 1:43 AM | Locked

wendy your pot holder is a great use of leftovers.     gini

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,560
Points 47,935
Pat Lancaster replied on Thu, Dec 2 2010 3:49 AM | Locked

Nana:
Oh NO you don't Diane.  If she is shipping that quilt anywhere it will be here in Virginia.  I more than admire that quilt.  I am in love. 

Sorry Nana, you lose. I am driving down to Stephanie's to pick up "my" quilt. I am going to take her to lunch and ply her with chocloate. She will be begging me to put that quilt in my car. ROFLOL!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,560
Points 47,935
Pat Lancaster replied on Thu, Dec 2 2010 3:52 AM | Locked

Wendy:

I finished a set of Christmas place matts and Table topper today.  I had a bunch of HST's left from Christmas projects so I sewed them all together and made two Hot pads.

Now I am going to try and finish quilting my Boxy Stars quilt Hope to post picture of it tomorrow

Wendy, I really like your hot pads. Dis you use regular batting or did you get that special stuff?

Page 731 of 764 (11453 items) « First ... < Previous 729 730 731 732 733 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use