Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today?

Page 726 of 764 (11453 items) « First ... < Previous 724 725 726 727 728 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 11,452 Replies | 87 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,270
Points 35,195
Granny M replied on Sun, Nov 28 2010 4:22 PM | Locked

To everyone who commented on the princess quilt, thank you

Pat I don't have a long arm, just my brother quattro 6000D   Everything was done on that machine.

Mars, I don't think I want to do a whole cloth quilt just yet.   But now it is your turn, lets see some feathers.

Granny M

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429
Diane Morgan replied on Sun, Nov 28 2010 4:36 PM | Locked

Eileen~

Your blocks are wonderful. I love the fabric. too and it's something I would probably never buy. I'm too stodgy. I don't walk on the wild side very often...pretty boring. But I love this!

North of Boston MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429
Diane Morgan replied on Sun, Nov 28 2010 4:39 PM | Locked

Leslie :

Went to pick up my GD's sewing machine, at the Janome dealer today. They told me that 3 different people had worked on it with no luck. So he told me he would make good on it and sold me a better series for 40.00, not a bad days work lol.

Leslie~

That's a good deal! Will you be teaching your GD?

North of Boston MA

• | Post Points: 0
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429
Diane Morgan replied on Sun, Nov 28 2010 4:48 PM | Locked

Carol~

Ellie and I worked most of the day on the BOM and I'm getting there. I hate to admit it but Eillie and I are beginning to like this quilt. I think it's wearing on us. I'm still working on next to last section and haven't started QAYO on them yet. But as I look at the quilt as a whole, it's getting there. It's so big already I might even just bind off after this section. I'll see what it measure and how it looks. But I am liking it better. And as far as learning....I have learned so many things from this quilt. So that's the best part.

North of Boston MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,650
Nana replied on Sun, Nov 28 2010 4:55 PM | Locked

Eileen

Your blocks are amazing.  I love all of them.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Sun, Nov 28 2010 5:03 PM | Locked

Granny M

I just bought some more batik to go with a batik quilt I am hoping to finish for a GF for Christmas.  I know-get cracking-you would have had it done 20 minutes ago  LOL!!!  Since this is a girly quilt maybe I can throw a few feathers in it.  Maybe a teeney tiny feather, nothing big like your Princess quilt!  That was remarkable!

If you can do feathers in such a short time-I think a whole cloth quilt is just down the road for you.

It has turned cold in Arizona mid 50's. I know quit whining, that's warm everywhere else. 

Take care everyone!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,819
Points 43,839
Eileen replied on Sun, Nov 28 2010 5:37 PM | Locked

My thanks to all of you who have commented on the Stack n Whack blocks :-)  I am always amazed at the blocks I get from the fabric - you never know what you'll get until you cut & sew!

For the layout, I have a few possibilities. One is to do it like I did my parent's wall hanging with the Japanese print (in my show & tell gallery) & just put the blocks in rows with setting trianlges between the blocks.  Another is to do rows with setting triangles but separate the rows with sashing. The third would be something more random - I have an image in my head but I have to play around with the blocks & see if it will work. If I do the last layout, I probably won't use all the blocks on the quilt top - could have some left for pillows or something.

The quilt is for one of DH's nieces & she loves purple, so I thought of her when I saw the fabric. I think it's pretty but probably would not be something I would use for me, so it was an "easy buy" as I knew how I'd use it. I've had it for 4 or 5 years already!!

I've got another busy week coming up so if I don't pop in again before next weekend, I hope everyone has a great week :-)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,702
Points 179,708
Marie replied on Sun, Nov 28 2010 6:24 PM | Locked

Eileen your stack and whack blocks are beautiful!  Can't wait for the finished quilt.  Good job!

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,092
Leslie replied on Sun, Nov 28 2010 6:28 PM | Locked

Eileen, I just love doing SnW, your blocks are beautiful.

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,092
Leslie replied on Sun, Nov 28 2010 6:32 PM | Locked

Diane Morgan:

Leslie~

That's a good deal! Will you be teaching your GD?

Well I don't know that I really got much of a bargain, but I did get a better machine. I had paid 70.00 for her little Hello Kitty Janome, last year.   She likes to play with Me when I sew, she is only 5, so I take the needle out until she can control her speed a little better. She still thinks she is sewing plus its good practice for her

[Ava, Missouri

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sun, Nov 28 2010 9:30 PM | Locked

Eileen:
I've got another busy week coming up so if I don't pop in again before next weekend, I hope everyone has a great week

Darn, Eileen, I missed you.  I was going to ask if you are going to the Iowa retreat next September.  If so, I'll bring along some fabric to try my first stack-n-whack, and you can advise me on the cutting.  Yours looks terrific!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,834
Points 248,829
Barbara replied on Mon, Nov 29 2010 6:12 AM | Locked

Nancy. I have Eileen down as a yes for Iowa, 

Kris and Eileen your blocks and fabrics are really very pretty, Eileen I would be intrested also in learning how to do those blocks,,Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,270
Points 35,195
Granny M replied on Mon, Nov 29 2010 7:53 AM | Locked

mars92:
It has turned cold in Arizona mid 50's. I know quit whining, that's warm everywhere else.

Good Grief Mars,  It was 20 degrees here this morning.  Yesterday was the last day of deer season so I thought the morning (5 am) coffee with the guys would be over.  No such luck, here they all came this morning.  It seems rabbit season is still on.  Bad enough to listen to these guys early in the morning but with 12 yapping beagles with them it was almost to much.  I am not at my nicest at 5 in the morning and if I hear one more hunting story I may just explode.  The good news is that they are all gone by 6 and thier little dogs with them.  Now I like all kinds of dogs and hubby has 4 beagles of his own that I dearly love, but the dogs wanted to go hunting and the guys wanted coffee, it was a sight to determine who was the loudest.  I have all the housework done so I am going to cut out and sew the blocks for the winter fun quilt today.

Have a good quilting day - Granny M       Sewing Machine 

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 605
Points 12,675
Prairie Dog replied on Mon, Nov 29 2010 8:24 AM | Locked

Eileen,

HUH?  What kind of quotes are you getting your patties slapped?  'Splain yourself.  Oh, oh, that's a Ricky Ricardo quote. 

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 605
Points 12,675
Prairie Dog replied on Mon, Nov 29 2010 8:27 AM | Locked

Eileen,

I don't get it.  What has QCA gotten a knot in it's thread about?

Page 726 of 764 (11453 items) « First ... < Previous 724 725 726 727 728 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use