Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today?

Page 714 of 764 (11453 items) « First ... < Previous 712 713 714 715 716 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 11,452 Replies | 87 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429
Diane Morgan replied on Sun, Nov 21 2010 1:44 PM | Locked

Ms MoomMist~

Your Baltimore Album is beautiful. I'm always drawn to this quilt when I see it because it is awe inspiring. The amount of applique and hand work is way above my head. I appreciate so much those of you who do it and do it so beautifully.

North of Boston MA

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 20
Points 430
happymrs replied on Sun, Nov 21 2010 3:49 PM | Locked

I sure did, lol... Kind of new posting here, but this sounded like a good place to start again!

Been creating my own baby girl quilt, meaning, not following any set pattern, just figure it out as I go. The front side is D9P, with narrow sashing between each block. Blocks are on point, then corners filled in with a row of strips pointing inward, towards center of quilt. Then, in two corners, I appliqued a few little flowers, so it's basically done. Started building the back, but in reality, it's so pretty, it may be it's own quilt top, lol. Did mostly 6.5in star blocks for the back & going to put them on point too, so now I have to figure out the triangle corners, fill them with something pretty. I am mostly doing this in pink, with some other pastels thrown in on the front side, but back is mainly pinks & a little while. Been a fun journey, & looking forward to a finish, soon!

Nancy/NC...

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,571
Points 30,609
Kelley replied on Sun, Nov 21 2010 5:09 PM | Locked

Congrats.. Beautiful Baby...

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,467
Points 416,899
gini replied on Sun, Nov 21 2010 6:19 PM | Locked

moommist. your baltimore is beautiful   way to go.   gini

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 0
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sun, Nov 21 2010 6:50 PM | Locked

MMM, what a beautiful quilt this will be, I hope my skills will be that good one day. I'm still trying to get the hang of doing stars lol...Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sun, Nov 21 2010 8:29 PM | Locked

happymrs:
Been a fun journey, & looking forward to a finish, soon!

Nancy/NC - would love to see a picture when you're done - both sides!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Sun, Nov 21 2010 9:05 PM | Locked

Ms MoomMist

Yes, I concur, your Baltimore Album is absolutely gorgeous.  I agree with Diane its awe inspriring. You do beautiful work.  Congrats for teaching someone else to do such beautiful work.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280
Ms MoomMist replied on Sun, Nov 21 2010 9:26 PM | Locked

Thank you all for you wonderful comments. Playing with quilting has been a love of mine all my life. I remember a blanket stitch butterfly quilt that my grandmother made for my mother when I was very young. I have no idea what ever happened to it, but the memories are still there. My first project was a "big" Dresden Plate with fabric I got from WT Grant company and back then  I tried to applique' it on the machine Oh My. There were no wonderful battings around then so I used a flannel sheet. It was a nightmare, however, my boys loved it. I'm truly thankful and even in awe about all the wonderful quilting supplies and techniques we now have and nobody should fear to do what they desire with this great pastime.  Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

xoxoxo,

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 243
Points 6,220
Grandma Sal replied on Sun, Nov 21 2010 10:28 PM | Locked

I almost didn't get any quilting done today, but when I sat in my chair this evening I picked up my applique project.  It's a kitty block.  I didn't post yesterday, but I did finish four blocks for my Farmer's Wife Sampler.

• Filed under:
  • | Post Points: 80
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,060
Nana replied on Sun, Nov 21 2010 10:47 PM | Locked

Grandma Sal

Your blocks are gorgeous.  I just recently bought that book.  It may very well be my next sampler quilt.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,956
Points 368,377
Kris replied on Mon, Nov 22 2010 2:29 AM | Locked

Ms MoomMist:
Kris, You can copy on freezer paper with your printer. Yes, I've done that. You just need to watch and make sure that your settings are for 'other' and keep an eye on it so that it doesn't jam up.

MoomMist,

I do this whenever I can. If I have the pattern on my computer I can print directly onto the paper. I have a project with really large pieces so I can't escape tracing. I might need to hire a tracer.

Ms MoomMist:
Here is a picture of my Baltimore Album Sampler that I started in 2007

I love it. I look forward to seeing the finished product.

Ms MoomMist:
My sister-in-law had never quilted before, and this is what I started her on, oops but her's is beautiful

LOL. The project I selected for my first attempt is by no means a beginner pattern but I love it. I needed to practice to find the method I like best. So far I like needle turn best. I like to iron the freezer paper on top. I still have trouble getting pointy points but Gini has given me lots of useful tips to get them. My second favourite method is to put the freezer paper on the wrong side and then use the iron to turn the edges under. It would be my first choice but the work with the iron is tedious and difficult with small pieces.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,956
Points 368,377
Kris replied on Mon, Nov 22 2010 2:32 AM | Locked

Very nice blocks Grandma Sal. I like the Farmer's Wife quilt. I don't have the book but I have the CD to use with EQ7.

Hey Nana, maybe we could do this one together .

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,956
Points 368,377
Kris replied on Mon, Nov 22 2010 2:35 AM | Locked

My in-laws left Sunday evening (boo hoo). After they left I worked on my hand made gift for the secret santa swap while I watched football. My beloved Colts lost to the stinky Patriots. It was a good game though.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Mon, Nov 22 2010 3:55 AM | Locked

Love your blocks Sallie.

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Nov 22 2010 4:00 AM | Locked

Grandma Sal.I think your blocks are very nice. can't wait to see the finished quilt.Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 714 of 764 (11453 items) « First ... < Previous 712 713 714 715 716 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use