Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today?

Page 696 of 764 (11453 items) « First ... < Previous 694 695 696 697 698 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 11,452 Replies | 87 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Thu, Nov 11 2010 4:01 AM | Locked

Kris, I just love your  quilt top,I think I have told you this several times but I LOVE YOUR COLORS lol.

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,517
Points 47,270
Pat Lancaster replied on Thu, Nov 11 2010 4:54 AM | Locked

Kris:
BTW, did anybody notice the block that sewn wrong?
Kris, you shouldn't have mentioned it, we were all so busy oohing and ahing over it that we didn't notice. It is still beautiful and your applique is a thing of beauty!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,517
Points 47,270
Pat Lancaster replied on Thu, Nov 11 2010 4:58 AM | Locked

Jean, your quilt is gorgeous! I like the variation in sizes of blocks and I really like the border. A definite WOW! It's a good thing you have a longarm, wrestling this one through a DSM would be very difficult.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,517
Points 47,270
Pat Lancaster replied on Thu, Nov 11 2010 5:03 AM | Locked

I am working on quiltuing MQ1. The main part is SID, but I have started doing feathers on the border. This is a first for me. I think it will look good, but it is taking a long time. I am having a hard time moving the quilt and keeping it straight, just working on the border. I expected it to go faster, but that is ok. I am just happy to be making progress. My feathers will not win any prizes, but I am happy with them as I have never done them before.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 143
Points 2,741
jodekema replied on Thu, Nov 11 2010 5:39 AM | Locked

Jean- Very beautiful top. love all the different colors.

Kris- Pretty boarders on your MQ3 and the colors are great also :)

Deb

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Thu, Nov 11 2010 6:06 AM | Locked

Kris:

BTW, did anybody notice the block that sewn wrong? I saw it after I posted the pics. I'm not sure yet if I'll fix it.

I noticed it but didn't want to say anything.  Your top looked like you had put so much into it that I didn't want to spoil it for you by saying "Oh by the way Kris - there is a boo-boo." 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Thu, Nov 11 2010 6:08 AM | Locked

Jean:
It is called 3's Company Sampler Quilt and mine measures 93X111.

Oooo Jean -- I like it  AND it would fit my bed.  Hint Hint Hint

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, Nov 11 2010 6:42 AM | Locked

Kris ,your quilt came out beautiful, I still love your colors and the border is outstanding. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 843
Points 18,935
Cindy replied on Thu, Nov 11 2010 6:43 AM | Locked

Jean,

Beautiful quilt, Jean.  I love a sampler and yours is so pretty! 

Cindy

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, Nov 11 2010 6:49 AM | Locked

Jean, I love your quilt ,the colors are great and all the differnet size block are so nice , Juat a lovely quilt. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,812
Points 43,714
Eileen replied on Thu, Nov 11 2010 8:03 AM | Locked

Diane Morgan:

Here is my mystery quilt top. I'm already wondering how to quilt this. This was such a nice quilt to make.

Diane, I had to go back a few pages to find this, and it was worth it! It really does seem to glow :-)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,812
Points 43,714
Eileen replied on Thu, Nov 11 2010 8:06 AM | Locked

Kris, your MQ3 is lovely :-)  I like the soft palette & the curlicues in the borders - great addition!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,812
Points 43,714
Eileen replied on Thu, Nov 11 2010 8:20 AM | Locked

I finally got back into my quilting room yesterday.  I would have lived down there all day but I dropped a cheese board on my big toe Monday night (wood board with inset tile) & it doesn't like not being propped up for long - getting better, though.

I completed another strip set for DH"s niece's Bargello quilt - 20 strips per set.  I did figure out a method that worked well for dealing with all that fabric (probably not the first to do so!).  The first strip set I did, I just kept adding the next strip to the growing set & found it a bit unruly, plus I had to frog parts of 4 or 5 strips.  This time, I sewed three strips together, then did the next two as a pair & added them to the first three.  I did this 4 times to create sets of 5 strips, made those into a pair of ten & sewed the sets of ten together to make the whole thing. It meant less drag as I went & I had fewer problems. Now I have 4 more sets to go & have a good idea of how lomg each will take.

Later, I was able to sew some of another niece's blocks together for a Stack n Whack quilt.  I had cut 12 blocks out a while ago & sewed 7 of them together yesterday.  Only had two to frog - one had a piece I'd sewn on wrong (had to turn it around) and the other had mismatched points in the center. All in all, it was a good quilting day. Sure felt good to get down there again and make some real progress. Now if I could just add a couple hours to each day, I'd make even more progress!! LOL

Hope everyone has a great day, no matter what you're doing :-)

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 521
Points 9,969
Jean replied on Thu, Nov 11 2010 8:33 AM | Locked

Thanks gals for all the nice comments on my quilt.  I have done one this size on my DSM before but sure am glad to have the longarm now!  Sorry Marge, but this one is definitely for myself.  This will be the first one that actually really fits our bed with enough drop!

Today I am going to start tracing the embroidery lines for "Over the River and Through the Woods" so I have it to work on (hand embroidery sections) after I have my knee replacement surgery on the 1st of December.  Won't be able to sit at my Janome for awhile so will need the handwork projects.  They will be removing my knee cap and replacing the bottom portion of my existing knee replacement.  OUCH!!

Oh, I also have to make a label for the quilt for my new grandson too so that I can get it in the mail headed to Alaska!  Jack was born 5 weeks early but did very well and is really a handsome little tyke.  Here he is:

Patch Up America.....Make A Quilt

• | Post Points: 140
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 843
Points 18,935
Cindy replied on Thu, Nov 11 2010 9:13 AM | Locked

Jean,

Jack is absolutely beautiful.  Isn't it wonderful...Grandparenting.

Cindy

Page 696 of 764 (11453 items) « First ... < Previous 694 695 696 697 698 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use