Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today?

Page 5 of 764 (11453 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 11,452 Replies | 87 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,845
Points 246,842
Thea replied on Sun, Oct 18 2009 1:25 AM | Locked

Shelia:

Cut out and pieced two small wall hangings today.

Shelia - yeah - are you going to post pictures for us?  i would love to see them.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,845
Points 246,842
Thea replied on Sun, Oct 18 2009 1:27 AM | Locked

Joyce Brenden:

Althea :
did you work on a quilt today!

Did some hand-quilting on Bearypatch Learns His ABCs.  I had machine stitched a design in the top and bottom borders, but it wasn't showing up very well, so I decided to redo it.  I'm not very good at hand quilting, but it looks pretty OK.  Played around with the MQ blocks on the design wall and was going to take pictures of the different arrangements, but the digital camera went to Portland with DD for the weekend.

okay Joyce  - you are off the hook for the weekend but I want pictures first thing next week... I am so happy that everyone is getting some quilting done. 

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,845
Points 246,842
Thea replied on Sun, Oct 18 2009 1:30 AM | Locked

Elaine Phillips:
she did the tiniest stitches and quilted a quarter inch apart. Fabulous.

Elaine - I am always amazed at how tiny the hand quilting stitches are - I used to try and see how small I could get mine before my hands decided they didn't like hand quilting anymore.  It is such a great art and I hope we don't lose it as machine quilting becomes more and more prevalent.  I still wish i could hand quilt and i may try one more quilt but haven't found one yet that I want to hand quilt...

Maybe I should find a quilt that would make a great hand quilted treasure for my grand daughter Echo - she is just 3 years old so i would have enough years to do it...lol

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,845
Points 246,842
Thea replied on Sun, Oct 18 2009 1:32 AM | Locked

Kris:

thanks for backing me up with the thinking part.

Well I did it. I sewed.

I don't think thinking is good enough -  lol  If you are designing a quilt then you can think and write your ideas down on paper... if something gets down on paper that is okay!  My rules!!!

See you were motivated by all these quilters... good job quilters!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,543
Points 376,882
Kris replied on Sun, Oct 18 2009 1:35 AM | Locked

Althea :

I don't think thinking is good enough -  lol  If you are designing a quilt then you can think and write your ideas down on paper... if something gets down on paper that is okay!  My rules!!!

OK Thea,

I'll follow your rules. Thanks for the motivation. I always feel good when I'm sewing. I don't know why it's been so hard to get into lately.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,845
Points 246,842
Thea replied on Sun, Oct 18 2009 1:37 AM | Locked

Another success story - Yippee!!! Blame me - Blame me for wonderful work on wonderful quilts...

I AM THE QUILTOHOLIC!!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,715
Nana replied on Sun, Oct 18 2009 1:45 AM | Locked

Judy Iliff:

Nana:

Told you I am brain dead    I didn't even sign post  ROFLOL

Nana

You didn't have to because your name is above the message in the post. LOL!

Let me try this again

1. You are going to cut 4 pieces of fabric, we'll say black and white, each 5 7/8" square.
  2. draw a diagonal line from one corner to another on the white
  3. put a white piece front to a black front
  4. sew 1/4 inch away from the line on both sides
  5. cut on the line
  6. press the seam to the black - you have 2 block
  7. repeat steps 2-6
  8. sew 2 blocks together twice
  9. sew the two little rows together to make 1 block that has 4 HST

Judy  can I just say......WELL DUH

Thanks so much...told you I was braindead.

Nana

Vinton, Virginia

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 408
Points 6,639
Shelia replied on Sun, Oct 18 2009 9:25 AM | Locked

Althea :

Shelia:

Cut out and pieced two small wall hangings today.

Shelia - yeah - are you going to post pictures for us?  i would love to see them.

I will post pictures.  I need to embroider some words on it.  I'm trying to decide what kind of pen to use for that.  Any ideas would be appreciated.  I will be using three strands of floss, so I'm thinking the marking shouldn't be very thick so it doesn't show.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,845
Points 246,842
Thea replied on Sun, Oct 18 2009 10:27 AM | Locked

the fine sharpie works well.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 408
Points 6,639
Shelia replied on Sun, Oct 18 2009 10:48 AM | Locked

Thanks Althea I will try that out!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 964
Points 19,596
Snowbird Quilter replied on Sun, Oct 18 2009 10:53 AM | Locked

Althea :
Patti - what quilts are you working on?

I'm assuming you are talking to me Althea:  I don't want to step on any toes here.  I'm Patty Mc if that will help differentiate between all of us Pat's, Patti's, and maybe even Patsy's.  :)

I'm still working on the infamous jean quilt for my granddaughter, hand quilting a nickle quilt made of flannel and of course the  Mystery quilt.  As Snowbird implies I'm a cool weather quilter, not a prolific one either.  I could post some pictures -- maybe later.  I need to work on the jean quilt more.  I'd like to have the top completed before I head south for the winter.  I also have two machine quilted quilts that need binding.  Somehow I keep putting them on the back burner.

On another note:  I've got a Ring Neck China Pheasant Rooster walking across my yard.  He is the most beautiful bird.  I've tried to get pictures but his hearing is so acute that he hears my step on the floor and goes into hiding.  I've had a family of China Pheasants living in my yard for over 12 years.  You'd think that they would get used to me, but, not yet.  Quail and Dove too.  The Dove in Yuma will let me walk right up to them, but not here.  The Quail aren't quite so skittish.

A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 964
Points 19,596
Snowbird Quilter replied on Sun, Oct 18 2009 11:16 AM | Locked

Snowbird Quilter:
On another note:  I've got a Ring Neck China Pheasant Rooster

OOPS:  We are supposed to be quilting.  SORRY!

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,445
Points 127,669
Spudgrandma replied on Sun, Oct 18 2009 11:48 AM | Locked

Snowbird Quilter:

I'm still working on the infamous jean quilt for my granddaughter, hand quilting a nickle quilt made of flannel and of course the  Mystery quilt.  As Snowbird implies I'm a cool weather quilter, not a prolific one either.  I could post some pictures -- maybe later.  I need to work on the jean quilt more. 

Patty,

I would love to see pictures of your Jean quilt. I started one a long time ago, it is my only UFO, and I just cannot seem to get excited to get it done. How did you do yours and I'd love to see pics of your progress.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 964
Points 19,596
Snowbird Quilter replied on Sun, Oct 18 2009 1:00 PM | Locked

Spudgrandma:
would love to see pictures of your Jean quilt.

I promise Spud.  I'd like to put at least 6 more rows on it today.  Then I will take a picture and post it here. 

I got the yard work done, and anything else I do in the yard is pure bonus.  Still have other pressing jobs to get done before I head south. 

But I'll follow Althea's lead and sew some today.  My arm is hurting from so much twisting!

Oh and Spud.  What's a tag?

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,445
Points 127,669
Spudgrandma replied on Sun, Oct 18 2009 1:16 PM | Locked

Snowbird Quilter:

Spudgrandma:
would love to see pictures of your Jean quilt.

I promise Spud.  I'd like to put at least 6 more rows on it today.  Then I will take a picture and post it here. 

I got the yard work done, and anything else I do in the yard is pure bonus.  Still have other pressing jobs to get done before I head south. 

But I'll follow Althea's lead and sew some today.  My arm is hurting from so much twisting!

Oh and Spud.  What's a tag?

I'm anxious to see your jean quilt.  I really like them and don't know why I cannot get mine done.

A tag is just a way to mark a thread so you can find it again.  If you click on Select Tags you will get a list of tags that are already there.  I added jean quilt to this post so it will now be in the list of tags. On your forums page on the right-hand side there are tags, if you click on a word it will bring up a list of all the post that are tagged with that word.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Page 5 of 764 (11453 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use