Page 3 of 764 (11453 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 11,452 Replies | 87 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 285
Points 7,035
Shellie replied on Sat, Oct 17 2009 9:59 PM | Locked

So far I have have put in a little work on three different quilts today.  I finished step #2 for the mystery quilt, worked on the wall-hanging I am making my mother for Christmas and almost finished pressing the first round of strip sets for another quilt.   May get to some quilting on the quilt on my frame (I turned the machine on but the is as far as I have gotten on that one). 

I am trying to make up for lost time as I spent all day yesterday cleaning out flower beds for the winter and planting bulbs for the Spring.  Had to go our and prune down the roses this afternoon, yesterday and today were the only relatively warm days we had in the forecast so I wanted to get it done while I had the chance. 

Shellie - south central Washington state

Linaria Dalmatica Designs

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,120
Points 386,802
Kris replied on Sat, Oct 17 2009 9:59 PM | Locked

Althea :

No Nana - we are quiltoholics and it is okay - nothing wrong - love it...

here is what i have been working on since yesterday -

I did the bottom 2 blocks today - it is getting there...  I think I was going through piecing withdrawal...lol

I will work on BOP the rest of tonight.

Very nice Thea.

I'm back sitting at the sewing machine. Still not sewing though. Eating pizza.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,120
Points 386,802
Kris replied on Sat, Oct 17 2009 10:01 PM | Locked

Angel,

I like your quilt.The pink definitely draws the eye.

I recognise the pattern. One of my co-workers is making one for her DD as a wedding present.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 14,199
Points 253,512
Thea replied on Sat, Oct 17 2009 10:03 PM | Locked

Angel:

yeah Im blaming it on Althea....her and her organization . I don't have room for any of those project boxes  LOL. I put it up there to see how I liked the colors together...that pink Sure does pop out to me

It is really nice - and I will take the blame - as long as it is getting some quilting done...lol  I like it!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 402
Points 7,370
Valerie replied on Sat, Oct 17 2009 10:04 PM | Locked

I didn't do anything with quilting today, however yesterday I had started to sew some 3 inch hexagons but then decided that it was using too much of the fabric I have. I purchased the fabric in a store Lancaster PA, however the fabric is hand dyed locally so I can't buy it on their website. Later on I cut out some other pieces.I haven't done anything with them yet since I know I will need to cut some more colors. I was having issues with our printer not wanting to print when I was using the Inklingo pdf's. Does this count? lol My ihpone from work has been taking blurry pics lately, sorry about that they are colors maroon and purple.

I have added the other colors I will be using with the two above;

Valerie

Woodbridge VA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185
Judy Iliff replied on Sat, Oct 17 2009 10:06 PM | Locked

Althea :

Kris - do we need a rule for this? 

Kris:

Does thinking about it count? How about sitting in front of the sewing machine?

I think we need to say that you have to either sew or cut something out - thinking is just thinking...lol

Althea :

Kris - do we need a rule for this? 

Kris:

Does thinking about it count? How about sitting in front of the sewing machine?

I think we need to say that you have to either sew or cut something out - thinking is just thinking...lol

I'm not sure about sitting in front of the sewing machine, but thinking about it does indeed count. I do the majority of my planning in my head. When we were teaching the 6 Steps of Writing, I had a really tough time teaching the pre-writing part. I don't make lists or write anything down. I think about it and think about it. When I get my thesis or first line, depending on the kind of writing, then I go for it. I do go back and edit, etc., but I don't do outlines, note, or any of that stuff. Never have.

This is the same thing I do with quilts. I think about what fabrics I'm going to use or what pattern for the fabrics for a few days before I ever start. Again, this is the pre- part - and it counts! :-)

Gillette, WY

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Sat, Oct 17 2009 10:08 PM | Locked

Valerie

Very pretty fabrics.  I love the colors.

Nana

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 14,199
Points 253,512
Thea replied on Sat, Oct 17 2009 10:09 PM | Locked

Angel - I put stuff up on my design wall all the time ... I set it there and when the weather is nice enough I can sit in my easy chair in the livingroom - look to my design wall - it is about 35 feet away - I get a good idea of what is up and will move blocks around - sometimes if DH is walking by I will tell him to go move them...lol  but I love designing like this - the other thing I do is take black and white pictures - gives me a better sense of the values.

I do love it though - quite a bit.

Tammy will go look at that magazine shortly - I had it setting here next to my chair till we went to guild then it went in the passenger side door of my car for Martha to look at for the ride to guild meeting... I may just jog over to the online page...

It is less expensive to have DHs do the work  - that I agree with but I hate walking around remodeling all the time - he is trying to finish it all up now though as we may be putting the house up for sale if he can't find work...

I hit 55 this year and believe me - my knees gave out a long time ago - I can get down there but it is the getting up from that position that is the problem...lol

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185
Judy Iliff replied on Sat, Oct 17 2009 10:09 PM | Locked

Tammy:
Quilters World called Four-in-Nine-Patch Zigzag.

Which issue is it in, Tammy?

Edit: Never mind! Someone else asked the same question, and I found the picture in the mag. It is beautiful!

Gillette, WY

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185
Judy Iliff replied on Sat, Oct 17 2009 10:12 PM | Locked

Beautiful, Angel!

Gillette, WY

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 14,199
Points 253,512
Thea replied on Sat, Oct 17 2009 10:14 PM | Locked

Valerie - very pretty colors - i couldn't see the hexagons too well but the colors are fatastic - you said these are hand dyed - very nice.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 14,199
Points 253,512
Thea replied on Sat, Oct 17 2009 10:22 PM | Locked

Tammy I remember looking at that quilt - nice - I can't wait to see yours!  What colors are you doing it in?

I have been looking at the new December issue and there are a lot of things I want to do in it...lol motivation!!!

Judy - page 21 in the Oct issue.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Sat, Oct 17 2009 10:25 PM | Locked

Finished fussy cutting blocks .  Now just need to cut strips and plan blocks for fillers. Probably do that tomorrow.  I think I have quilted out for one day.

Nana

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 14,199
Points 253,512
Thea replied on Sat, Oct 17 2009 10:32 PM | Locked

Nana:
I think I have quilted out for one day.

Nana, I think I am done for today too - the Nascar race is over and I am going to take my pain meds and head for bed... BOP - I promise - tomorrow...

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 202
Points 5,090
Angel replied on Sat, Oct 17 2009 10:35 PM | Locked

Nana:

I think I have quilted out for one day.

Nana

I think I am well on my way to being DONE for the day. Well I might ...noooo I will pick up my sewing room, before I'm really DONE

Page 3 of 764 (11453 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.