Page 2 of 764 (11453 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 11,452 Replies | 87 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,845
Points 246,842
Thea replied on Sat, Oct 17 2009 8:59 PM | Locked

Tammy - which quilters world magazine is it in so I can go and look - that way I will know exactly what you are doing...

You are going to be busy for a little while with the corn - what comes after that - do you get a chance to relax or are you right into the next thing?  Can you see I am not a farmer? or a farmer's wife!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,715
Nana replied on Sat, Oct 17 2009 9:01 PM | Locked

Althea

You quilt is going to be beautiful.  I love the fall colors and motifs.

Nana

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,845
Points 246,842
Thea replied on Sat, Oct 17 2009 9:03 PM | Locked

It caught my eye in the store and I tried - I really tried - I walked away from it 2 times and then that cat winked at me and well that is the rest of the story...lol

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 202
Points 5,090
Angel replied on Sat, Oct 17 2009 9:12 PM | Locked

Fix 2 seams that were crooked...that i couldnt hide in slide show quilt.....done

30 blocks for Snapshots quilt ( only had 5 made).....done

sew rows together ....working on it. I'm on a coffee break :P

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 605
Points 14,486
Tammy replied on Sat, Oct 17 2009 9:30 PM | Locked

Thea-- It's the October 2009 issue on page 21.  If all goes well tomorrow, will cut it out and get her going.

Althea :
- what comes after that - do you get a chance to relax or are you right into the next thing

After we get done, its usually a race to get the augers down from the bins and cap them, get all the machinery put away in the quonset, get the electric fence up so we can get the cows home and on the stalks, clean house because by then it looks like a tornado blew through (I keep telling hubby I'm not SuperWoman so have me help you or leave me at home--NOT!!!), then plan for Thanksgiving and Christmas, and then BREATHE & RELAX--maybe. Of course he may decide to start tearing up the carpet in the front room so we can get our laminate floor down by Christmas. We've only had it for 3 years now along our north wall of the front room or we may just leave it till after the first of the year. He likes to do everything himself and I have to agree it's cheaper than hiring it done. It just doesn't pay for me to plan, but one thing I do know, is that this winter I'm going to quilt my brains out!!!  I've really missed getting into the thick of things and just need to do it for my own well being. I would really like to do some snowmen hangings by Pearl Krush(?) I think that's her name.   So I guess you could say I have a plate full, but hopefully it will go very smoothly. Each year is a challenge so why should this one be different??  I'll just do what I can, when I can.  Hope this finds you doing well.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 202
Points 5,090
Angel replied on Sat, Oct 17 2009 9:33 PM | Locked

• | Post Points: 80
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,445
Points 127,669
Spudgrandma replied on Sat, Oct 17 2009 9:33 PM | Locked

Tammy:

hubby I'm not SuperWoman so have me help you or leave me at home--NOT!!!), then plan for Thanksgiving and Christmas, and then BREATHE & RELAX--maybe. Of course he may decide to start tearing up the carpet in the front room so we can get our laminate floor down by Christmas. We've only had it for 3 years now along our north wall of the front room or we may just leave it till after the first of the year. He likes to do everything himself and I have to agree it's cheaper than hiring it done.

Typical farmer Tammy LOL  Mine always tells me in Nov but he always leaves out what year in Nov.  LOL

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,445
Points 127,669
Spudgrandma replied on Sat, Oct 17 2009 9:34 PM | Locked

Did you do that today Angel?  it is very pretty and you were one busy girl!!!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 202
Points 5,090
Angel replied on Sat, Oct 17 2009 9:38 PM | Locked

yeah Im blaming it on Althea....her and her organization . I don't have room for any of those project boxes  LOL. I put it up there to see how I liked the colors together...that pink Sure does pop out to me

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 605
Points 14,486
Tammy replied on Sat, Oct 17 2009 9:39 PM | Locked

Spud,  I hear you talking girl!!  Mine doesn't give me a time or year. I do know when he does the rest of the floor, I'm not getting down there with him. Knee's just don't let me do the crawling around on the floor they used to. I hit 50 and for pete's sake I just fell apart.  Getting in and out of the truck is bad enough. I do have meds for the inflammation in them but doesn't always help the pain. Oh, well!! 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,445
Points 127,669
Spudgrandma replied on Sat, Oct 17 2009 9:40 PM | Locked

Angel:

yeah Im blaming it on Althea....her and her organization . I don't have room for any of those project boxes  LOL. I put it up there to see how I liked the colors together...that pink Sure does pop out to me

The pink does draw your eye.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 605
Points 14,486
Tammy replied on Sat, Oct 17 2009 9:40 PM | Locked

Angel, Really like this quilt. It's different and unique but very, very nice.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,445
Points 127,669
Spudgrandma replied on Sat, Oct 17 2009 9:42 PM | Locked

I know Tammy, when I hit abt 55 I quit driving truck, the driving is not bad but the getting in and out is the pits and it does not make much difference what you are hauling you have to get out a lot.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 202
Points 5,090
Angel replied on Sat, Oct 17 2009 9:43 PM | Locked

yeah i guess I ll move them toward the corners, I have a fairly busy border fabric, so they wont stand out as much in the corner areas.I did have them all up there but the cat wont leave them alone.He keeps pawing them off LOL. Maybe hes telling me to move them around again LOL

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 202
Points 5,090
Angel replied on Sat, Oct 17 2009 9:45 PM | Locked

Thank you.Its an Atkinson Design pattern, from the book Happy hour. I Like the batiks, but I am gonna have to move those pink buggers around abit

Page 2 of 764 (11453 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use