Top 10 Posters

HOW MANY, AND WHICH, QUILT MAGAZINES DO YOU SUBSCRIBE TO? HOW MANY QUILTING BOOKS DO YOU HAVE?

Page 4 of 4 (52 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 51 Replies | 11 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 962
Points 19,541

Quiltmaker and of course Easy Quilts

Eleanor Burns patterns and books.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't use a pattern from the many magazines or books we buy.  Now I don't feel so quilty!

A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 3,135
Peggy replied on Wed, Aug 31 2011 2:39 PM

You can also get alot of looking for ideas and inspiration on line.  There are alot of online quilting patterns and sewing sites that offer free projects.  Go through the qca PREMIUM perks, then go to the different fabric manufacturers which offer free projects.

also Easy quilts does come on line with the membership.  My membership has been the best buy I have ever used.  the discounts on items and projects have more than paid for the membership dues. 

Fons and Porter also have dvd's and on tv programs that you can get inspiration from.  That web site is not always easy to manuver but it is good. 

I have more books than the norm.  Most of my friends come to me to look at the books for ideas and patterns.  I have started purging some of my older magazines.  Right now I am getting easy quilts, and american patchwork quilting.  good hunting!!

from Minnesota

Not Ranked
Posts 15
Points 345
contra85 replied on Fri, May 24 2013 3:19 AM

What is the best quilting book for easy, fast projects. I have been quilting for about 3-4 years, but still a new quilter. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you

• | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 367
Points 7,255
tnmtgrl replied on Fri, May 24 2013 7:09 AM

contra85:

What is the best quilting book for easy, fast projects. I have been quilting for about 3-4 years, but still a new quilter. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you

Look for Eleanor Burn's Egg Money Quilts....great book ..there is also is another one I am thinking of but can't remember the name , I gave my copy away to a friend who was just starting out...I'll have to do some research and get back to you. ..........Ok , I found it it's by Leisure Arts, written by Pat Sloan called I Can't Believe I'm Quilting....really fast and easy patterns..Amazon has it for sale for $10.76

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 436
Points 7,025
Julienne replied on Fri, May 24 2013 9:32 AM

I have 2 book cases full of books and Magazines. Right now I have not renewed anymore subscriptions so if I see something I like I just get it. I have books from Ms. Burns to Annie's Attic to gosh I don't even know. with out walking over there and taking inventory. LOL

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, May 25 2013 8:26 AM

I let three of my five quilt magazine subscriptions expire because I rarely end up making anything from the magazines, but now it is killing me not to have new issues of magazines showing up in my mailbox on a regular basis.  I guess since I don't actually get a lot of quilting done, looking at quilts in a magazine keeps me inspired, and it's fun to watch the trends in fabrics and designs.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,585
Points 75,810
Karla replied on Sat, May 25 2013 7:25 PM

Nancy, I too let my subscriptions run out because I have so many, but I do miss them.  I love to thumb through the mags and see what wonderful work others are doing.  I think sometimes that it keeps me inspired and gives me lots of ideas for patterns and color combinations.  

Page 4 of 4 (52 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use