Picnic quilt pattern F&P

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 16 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
5,788 Posts
Points 122,730
Judy T-Bellingham posted on Tue, Aug 23 2011 9:26 AM

I'm looking for a picnic quilt pattern that I saw in one of my recent Fons and Porters magazines. Of course, now that I want it, I can't find it. At least I THINK it was in Fons and Porters. Yes, pretty sure.

Sound familiar to anyone?

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 50

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
Female
27,727 Posts
Points 437,060
Nana replied on Tue, Aug 23 2011 10:11 AM

Judy

Sorry but I don't remember this one.   Good luck.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
807 Posts
Points 12,424
Joan L. replied on Tue, Aug 23 2011 10:19 AM

Fonsandporter easyquilts summer2011 has one on the cover. Could that be it? Farmer John's picnic quilt page 50.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
5,788 Posts
Points 122,730

Joan L.:

Fonsandporter easyquilts summer2011 has one on the cover. Could that be it? Farmer John's picnic quilt page 50.

Joan.

For goodness sakes it was right in front of my nose and I just kept looking past it. Age? I duuno, but thanks so much. That's the one on the cover and page 19. I intend to expand it to picnic table size for our family reunion next year. I've now copied the pages and put them with the fabric I'll use and put everything in one of those clear zip bags that sheets come in. MAYBE I won't misplace it??

Top 100 Contributor
Female
807 Posts
Points 12,424
Joan L. replied on Tue, Aug 23 2011 10:50 AM

Your welcome Judy

Top 25 Contributor
Female
4,849 Posts
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Tue, Aug 23 2011 10:57 AM

I always wanted to make a picnic quilt for the table at my sil's lake house. But she told me "We are not in to quilts". Excuse me? Are there really such people as that out there? Not into quilts? what is THAT?

Sukoch

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
5,788 Posts
Points 122,730

Sukochi Lee:

I always wanted to make a picnic quilt for the table at my sil's lake house. But she told me "We are not in to quilts". Excuse me? Are there really such people as that out there? Not into quilts? what is THAT?

Sukoch

Is it possible she would be embarrassed to accept something so personally valuable, knowing it could quickly be stained with mustard and ketchup. Nah, that doesn't make sense.  Too bad, but it's your sil's loss.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
4,849 Posts
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Tue, Aug 23 2011 11:31 AM

Judy, they just really don't like quilts. I made the baby quilt for their new, first grandson and she couldn't say enough about it. So, as you say her loss. HINT:  use a quilt on a picnic table with a clear plastic shower curtain on top of the quilt.  Doesn't ruin the quilt so you can enjoy the beauty without concern..

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
5,788 Posts
Points 122,730

Sukochi Lee:

HINT:  use a quilt on a picnic table with a clear plastic shower curtain on top of the quilt.  Doesn't ruin the quilt so you can enjoy the beauty without concern..

Sukochi, that is a really good hint. I made a large Christmas table quilt and put a clear plastic over it. I'll be sure to do the same with the picnic quilt.

I just peeked at your gallery and saw the baby quilt you made. Just too precious. Beautiful job.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
4,414 Posts
Points 61,767

Judy T--

Is it the watermelon one?  That pattern is in Easy Quilts, Summer 2011 edition and as the official magazine of QCA is (I think) available for download by QCA members.

Kissimmee, FL

Top 25 Contributor
Female
5,788 Posts
Points 122,730

Joyce Brenden:

...That pattern is in Easy Quilts, Summer 2011 edition and as the official magazine of QCA is (I think) available for download by QCA members.

Thanks Joyce, I did find the magazine.  For grins I decided to access Easy Quilts online with my premium membership. From QCA, I click on Quilt Magazines at the top and then select Easy Quilts. I sign in as an existing member and then I'm asked to pay $29.95. So, evidently I can't download patterns even though I have a premium membership? Am I missing something? It would be lovely to be able to search prior issues of magazines supplied with our membership and download patterns. Or, at least, view them online.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
27,727 Posts
Points 437,060
Nana replied on Tue, Aug 23 2011 12:38 PM

Judy

I went to Easy Quilts on the left upper corner of my home page and then clicked on the summer issue.  I could click on a page and print but I didn't find the key for download.  But you can print the pattern if you would like.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
4,414 Posts
Points 61,767

Judy T.--

Check with customer service about a download and if that's not an option, I can send you a copy of the pattern.  Just "friend" me with an address.  This wouldn't be a violation of copyright law since you are entitled to the pattern as a premium member.

Kissimmee, FL

Top 75 Contributor
Female
1,784 Posts
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Tue, Aug 23 2011 3:00 PM

I'll take that quilt and gladly use it to picnic on!  YES!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
27,727 Posts
Points 437,060
Nana replied on Tue, Aug 23 2011 3:10 PM

Judy

If you click on the magazines at the top you are going to subscriptions.  Use your home page and click on Easy Quilts digital copy.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 35
Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use