No Quilting Here

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 10 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 22
Points 910
Lila's-gramma Posted: Tue, Aug 16 2011 6:46 PM

I am sort of new to QCA, but I love reading what everyone is doing/quilting.  There is not any quilting getting done at my house.  We are babysitting our new baby granddaughter, Lila.   Our daughter in law went back to teaching (kindergarten) 3 weeks ago.  That little baby held out and would not take a bottle for 2 weeks.  So basically she only ate evenings and mornings.  In spite of that she did not cry all day, was fussy at times but she was stubborn.  Last Thur. afternoon she latched onto that bottle and drained 3 in about 45 min.  This week she is eating all day.  So that is my story and I am sticking to it.   Grampa is on business trip this week so that leaves Gramma on her own. Actually a lot of bonding/playing/kissing going on , so a good week so far.  Anyway, not to bore anyone, but I am anxious to get some quilting done.  I am just too tired when Lila leaves at 5:30.  So keep those sewing/quilting/other stories coming everyone. 

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Tue, Aug 16 2011 6:57 PM

Sounds like you are having much more fun anyway, beautiful baby

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,729
Points 437,100
Nana replied on Tue, Aug 16 2011 7:00 PM

Lila's Gramma

It sounds like you are having a great time even if you aren't quilting.  Lila is a beautiful baby.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,537
Points 21,100

Your grand daughter is beautiful.  Hang in there you will get time to quilt eventually, in the meantime have fun with the baby.

Margaret

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 98
Points 1,490
LauraLyn replied on Tue, Aug 16 2011 7:41 PM

Lila is a beautiful little girl. Quilting will always be there, enjoy this time with her, it will fly by!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,963
Points 368,547
Kris replied on Wed, Aug 17 2011 12:51 AM

Welcome Lila's Gramma. Sounds like Lila's a lucky little girl.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,482
Points 417,124
gini replied on Wed, Aug 17 2011 2:23 AM

welcome lila's gramma, isn't being a stay at home gramma the best job.  i moved home to watch my grandkids when the first one was born.   he's almost nine now and his sister is 7, they don't need me nearly as much, except for running them to all their after school activities.   these days i'm busy from  2:30 til about 6, and i have the days to quilt.

i'm gaining another scaredy cat student next week.   three days is the longest it's taken to get them jumping in the pool by themselves. so i'm hoping evan is just as quick.  i had my first student all day today and his baby brother  in the evening.   he's 4, he can swim 10 feet, he can roll over from his back to his tummy and float to get breaths, he does a natural butterfly kick, and can hold his breath underwater almost as long as i can.   he's turned into a little fish, and i expect he'll be growing gills soon.

i've figured out that if my kids are done having kids, i'll just roam the neighbor hood til i find more.   i've been promised i can have little dexter one morning a week when school starts.   it'll give his mom a nice break.

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Wed, Aug 17 2011 5:57 AM

Gini, is it true that to get a baby used to the water just drop them in the swimming pool water at 6 mos. old? That is what my b-i-l- and his wife did,( 30 year ago)  and Erin started swimming earlier then the rest of the kids and didn't seem afraid of the water at all. Seems dangerous to this old lady.

Sound like your days are full. Best way to do it.

Gonna work on the quilt in progress. Started it, then stuff happened. So, back to work today. Everyone have a great day. Get a few stitches in there, it soothes the soul!

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,482
Points 417,124
gini replied on Wed, Aug 17 2011 10:12 AM

sukoch,   i didn't drop them in cold.  but yes, that's pretty much how you do it.   i warmed them up for a few days before dropping them, and  i drop them from pool level.  you hold them up, count 1-2, blow in thier faces so they take a big breath, and dunk them while holding them.  after a couple of days, all you have to do is count and let them go. they take their own breath, bob up and down a few times, then you fish them up for a breath.  by the time they are walking, i can get them to jump off a diving board.

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Wed, Aug 17 2011 11:16 AM

And as soon as they're walking, I'll bet you get them on snow skis, too! 

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,482
Points 417,124
gini replied on Wed, Aug 17 2011 11:43 AM

MNnancy:

And as soon as they're walking, I'll bet you get them on snow skis, too! 

as soon as they are out of diapers.  we let them scoot around on the carpet in their skis while they are in diapers, but no skiing out on the slopes.

gini in north idaho

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use