Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today? #4

Page 5 of 391 (5853 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 5,852 Replies | 48 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,414
Points 62,732
Joyce Brenden replied on Fri, Aug 19 2011 9:03 PM | Locked

Jennsquilts--

Can't wait to see your CW quilt.  It sounds really lovely.

Kissimmee, FL

• | Post Points: 0
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,414
Points 62,732
Joyce Brenden replied on Fri, Aug 19 2011 9:13 PM | Locked

Nana--

I like earth tones too, but they just don't seem right in a baby quilt.  However, the baby's parents requested them.  The quilt I made for their first child (a girl) actually did turn out very pretty in shades of sage, dusty peach and cream, so I'm hoping this one for their son will work out, too.

Kissimmee, FL

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,490
Nana replied on Fri, Aug 19 2011 9:28 PM | Locked

Joyce

I know the quilt will be perfect.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,839
Points 352,757
Kris replied on Fri, Aug 19 2011 11:17 PM | Locked

Made a few more DJ blocks, worked on hand embroidery block but not sure if I'm liking my stitches so may frog this one and I prepared appliqué pieces to take to Marie's tomorrow.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,414
Points 62,732
Joyce Brenden replied on Sat, Aug 20 2011 9:30 AM | Locked

Kris and Marie--

Hope you're having a grand time together!

Kissimmee, FL

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 3,135
Peggy replied on Sat, Aug 20 2011 10:03 AM | Locked

HI - My plan  for today is to work on hand applique for a door hanging for the fall.  Does any one have a good saying to put on a small (7 inch wide) door hanger?

Happy fall was one.  Or Give thanks

suggestions welcome.

from Minnesota

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 65,998
Jeanine replied on Sat, Aug 20 2011 3:28 PM | Locked

I have actually been productive today.  I am on my second quilt on the longarm.  I also made and attached binding on three quilts and cut out a quilt kit to bring with me on our quilt retreat next month.  My DH is painting the ceilings in the basement and then will do the walls.  We wanted to get this done before we moved furniture back in.  I have seen several moving trucks around the neighborhood so people are starting to move stuff back.  We are still in a level one alert and they say that the next 10 days are critical as the water recedes to see if there will be damage to the levees.  I hope they will be fine and we can move our stuff back in a couple weeks.  It is fun to pick out new paint colors!  I never did like the bedroom in the basement.  My son had picked that one out when he thought he was going to move in with us...and then never did.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,807
Points 43,614
Eileen replied on Sat, Aug 20 2011 4:45 PM | Locked

Jeanine, it sounds like it's been a good day for you - glad to hear it :-)  I hope that you can move your things back in soon.

I finally got time to do some quilting today. I worked on the leaf blocks for the Midwest retreat & should be able to finish them this weekend.  Since I haven't done much applique, the fusible webbing seems time-consuming, but worth it - I don't have the patience or time for hand applique or machine-only applique. With the webbing, my leaves will stay in place while I sew & not be all wonky!

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Points 55
blairyw replied on Sat, Aug 20 2011 4:54 PM | Locked

Hi, I am sitting here looking at what everyone else is doing because both Viking Designer 1 and my Viking Long arm machine are in the shop for their annual check up and servicing......Man, I thought I could handle the separation!!!!!  I have finished all the hand sewing projects I left for this time, guess I didn't leave enough.  Sigh.......

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 65,998
Jeanine replied on Sat, Aug 20 2011 5:48 PM | Locked

blairyw:
Man, I thought I could handle the separation!!!!!

I don't think I could ever be without at least one machine.  Good luck coping until your machines come home!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,403
Points 45,195
Pat Lancaster replied on Sat, Aug 20 2011 6:00 PM | Locked

Jeanine, I am glad to hear that things are looking drier for your future. LOL. I made two FWS blocks today and straightened up the sewing room. Sounds rather lame compared to all you are doing. Sounds like that longarm is working hard.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sat, Aug 20 2011 6:46 PM | Locked

I finished Megan's cat quilt yesterday and have started on Natalie's psycodelic one.  It should go together pretty fast since the blocks are 10" square - 5 blocks wide by 7 blocks long and the pattern is very simple.  I am adapting one of the Project LInus patterns that calls for smaller blocks.  I put one row together to see how I would like it and it is definitely BRIGHT!  Perfect for a 9 yr. old girl.  I want to get both tops done so I can get them to the LAQ when I get back from the cruise. Then I can concentrate on Celeste's queen size quilt.

Today I ran another 19 pillows up to the Humane Society shelter.  This afternoon, my friend Millie brought over 8 more bags of fabric for me to play with.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,861
Points 61,320
Robin replied on Sat, Aug 20 2011 6:49 PM | Locked

Today I made three FWQ squares, put the border on my wedding present Yellow Brick Road and started a Kerry's Big Shirt.  Now I think it's time to eat something.

Robin

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,490
Nana replied on Sat, Aug 20 2011 6:59 PM | Locked

blairyw

I never let both of my machines go to the shop at the same time.  I would have major withdrawals...LOL

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,265
Points 35,160
Granny M replied on Sat, Aug 20 2011 7:59 PM | Locked

I didn't get to work on a quilt today as it is club day.  Then we went to LQS to pick up block of the month.   Along with the long arm I just bought, I fell into a singer trendle machine.  One of my friends has several and I asked her to look this one over.  Well it turns out this is a real fine.  There is even still thread in the bobbin.  I had thought I would use for display at the quilting house.  But it looks like if the electric goes out, (it does here sometimes) I can fire up the coal oil lamp and sew on the trendle. Whoopee, no withdrawal.  Can use if other machines are out.

Granny M

Page 5 of 391 (5853 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use