Did you work on a quilt today? #4

Page 263 of 391 (5853 items) « First ... < Previous 261 262 263 264 265 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 5,852 Replies | 48 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Dec 13 2011 10:57 AM | Locked

gini:
now, nancy, focus here.    they were two different projects.

You're right!  I forgot how many projects you have running at any single moment.  I can't keep them all straight.  I don't know how you do.  What if that bunny ends up running across the golf hole?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,687
Points 419,234
gini replied on Tue, Dec 13 2011 11:58 AM | Locked

MNnancy:
What if that bunny ends up running across the golf hole?

i better go check and see that hasn't happened allready.  i kept falling asleep while i was sewing last night.   i'm lucky i didn't punture a hole in myself and leak all ove the quilt.   

it is dexter day,   the boy is going to have a rough morning.  i got the tree and all the decorations up yesterday,  make that we.  sam and the kids did a lot, too.  it will be a long morning of " no dear, we can't touch the tree" and redirection.   i anticipate a bit of foot stomping and squawking,  he is quite headstrong.   we just found out his mommy is expecting.  a bit of a surprise, eveyone including them, thought they were through having kids.   they said something about a wine around town night, getting home too late.  i told them TMI, TMI.    we can expect another  bundle of joy in july.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 648
Points 10,145
Jennsquilts replied on Tue, Dec 13 2011 12:06 PM | Locked

Congrats Gini! You now have a reason to make a whole set of new baby quilts, to go along with the stack of projects in progress, including that bunny on the golf course. ;-) July in northern Idaho - wonderful place to be in high summer with a new baby to snuggle.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,922
Points 248,502
Thea replied on Tue, Dec 13 2011 12:16 PM | Locked

Barbara:

Thanks Everyone for your input on my teapot,I think I'm going to some twilling around the teapot and leave the fabric. The twilling will make the teapot stand out alitlle more and I can leave the fabric .I'll repost it when I get it done .Barbara

I look forward to seeing it - hoping the twilling will bring out and make the teapot stand out.  

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Tue, Dec 13 2011 12:20 PM | Locked

No quilt yesterday but, I did buy fabric & batting!! Found some luscious frosted grape color fabric and a sweet raspberry print to go along with a brown floral that has both colors in it as well as a mustard-y looking motif, too. I know, it sounds horrible when I write it out but, it's truly scrumptious together. It'll be a small lap quilt - really easy 3 rail pattern that I should be able to finish this weekend. Have no clue what I'm going to do with it but, it jumped out into my arms and I couldn't resist those sweet prints. I probably won't be able to start it tonight because I've got a pile of computer work to get done when I get home but...it's going to keep singing to me until I get to it.

Barbara - Love the Teapots and the last one as-is.

Jeanine - So right about managing life - it's a constant work in progress.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Tue, Dec 13 2011 12:32 PM | Locked

Acually, I have been quilting long enough that the color combination seens interesting.  I can imagine lots of combinations that I couldn't before.  Looking forward to seening it when you have it done.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Tue, Dec 13 2011 12:49 PM | Locked

I haven't started sewing yet, but I did the grocery shopping, went to the Post Office to mail a package and my Christmas cards, took the boys to the bus stop, and vacuumed the floor.  Now I'm waiting for the Schwans man to come and make his delivery, and then it will be time to start on placemats.  I have about 14 to make so they will be a simple design.   I also need to make 2 pillows...I've got the fabric and pillow forms so I better get busy.

I can't keep up with all of you, you all are just so talented. 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Tue, Dec 13 2011 12:53 PM | Locked

I can't even READ about all their busiess.  I need to lay down and put a cold cloth on my head just thinking about all the work they get through. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Tue, Dec 13 2011 1:21 PM | Locked

Vivian :

I can't even READ about all their busiess.  I need to lay down and put a cold cloth on my head just thinking about all the work they get through. 

Me too!  I get so tired just reading about everything they do, that I'm too tired to do any of my own work.  LOL

Well, the Schwans man just left, so I guess I better get busy with my sewing.  And I still have some packages to wrap before the boys get home from school.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Tue, Dec 13 2011 1:54 PM | Locked

Karla:

Well, the Schwans man just left, so I guess I better get busy with my sewing.   

Karla - I've seen Schwans around here. What are they?

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Tue, Dec 13 2011 2:09 PM | Locked

If its the same as Canada, they have premium ice cream.  I'm not sure what else, I just focus on the ice cream, in fact, I may go and get this really great triple chocolate ice cream to round out how bad my day is.  I can sid at my desk with the entire carton and a spoon.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,423
Points 23,780
Maggie replied on Tue, Dec 13 2011 2:18 PM | Locked

Sheila:

Karla:

Well, the Schwans man just left, so I guess I better get busy with my sewing.   

Karla - I've seen Schwans around here. What are they?

In the Phoenix area its a very nice grocery/meat catering and delivery business.      www.schwans.com

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Tue, Dec 13 2011 2:33 PM | Locked

See, told you, ice cream.  heheheheh

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 648
Points 10,145
Jennsquilts replied on Tue, Dec 13 2011 2:38 PM | Locked

mmmmmm - Schwan's ice cream. Yummy!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Tue, Dec 13 2011 2:45 PM | Locked

Vivian :

See, told you, ice cream.  heheheheh

Okie-dokie - well, as a diabetic, I don't think I even want to know any more.

Page 263 of 391 (5853 items) « First ... < Previous 261 262 263 264 265 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use