Top 10 Posters

What are you up to today? #4

Page 56 of 419 (6276 items) « First ... < Previous 54 55 56 57 58 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,275 Replies | 41 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Thu, Sep 29 2011 11:28 AM | Locked

Great pics Jeanine.  I loved the circle quilts.  Looks like everyone had a great time.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Thu, Sep 29 2011 11:31 AM | Locked

Marsha

My DH splits wood to relieve stress. or anger...LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Thu, Sep 29 2011 1:09 PM | Locked

i tend to throw things.  Just one or two, makes me feel very much better. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 14,249
Points 254,377
Thea replied on Thu, Sep 29 2011 1:30 PM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

Althea, I sure wish I had your energy. Must be nice.

I see where you mentioned spray basting. How do you like that? I have heard good and bad. Do you use it just for hand quilting? Can you use it for machine quilting?

LaJaun, I use it for machine quilting - I spray baste my quilts - I did a tutorial on here of how I did it - I think you could do a search or Kris will find it for us a post the link... she is really good at helping me out that way.  I use the type that is water soluble and after about a month if you haven't quilted your project you find that it isn't there anymore.  I have had no difficulties with it at all.  It is much easier for me then trying to put all those pins in - those hurt my hands so much even though i got the covers that Eleanor Burns recommended. 

Day 3 at the shop - and I have no energy left...lol   The store is super quiet so far today and I am machine quilting Echo's ballet quilt.  I am so tired though all I want to do is put my feet up in my lazy boy and nap... 3+30 minutes to go and I drive home... then 2 more days... The Lord will get  me there I know he will.  I could use a little business though to make the day go faster and I am sure if I got up and was busy with customers that the aches and pains would disappear to the back of my mind.

A new catalog came in to the shop today for fabrics for Winter - I am getting excited about new projects for next year... but I have to get all these tops quilted - Sent Cosmic Jewels out with Charlotte to quilt ... it is a big queen and decided that I didn't want to tackle it right now... I am going to do all the rest though... can you see the twinkle in my eye...teehee

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Thu, Sep 29 2011 1:50 PM | Locked

Jeanine:
I am finally home after the quilt retreat and a business trip.

Great pictures from the retreat, Jeanine!  I hope our retreat produces as many finished tops as you are showing.  The lady in the first picture doing the hand work is sitting in the same type chair I use to sleep in while traveling.  Not as comfortable as the recliner at home but better than a bed.  Looking forward to more pictures from your retreat.  I also loved that circle quilt.

Marge P

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,307
Points 20,790
KATHY replied on Thu, Sep 29 2011 1:55 PM | Locked

Surgery went well ... im home now...

your friend ,

kathy quilting

CLEVELAND, TEXAS

• | Post Points: 65
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,410
Points 29,775
Marsha-SM replied on Thu, Sep 29 2011 2:01 PM | Locked

I'm afraid I might break something or knock something over and spill it even though what I THREW was unbreakable.  Then I would have to CLEAN UP THE MESS!!

Marsha - Western New York

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,410
Points 29,775
Marsha-SM replied on Thu, Sep 29 2011 2:14 PM | Locked

KATHY:
Surgery went well ... im home now...

Kathy

It is a relief to hear everything went well.  Now, TAKE IT EASY.  I know from experience and so do you.  I have had surgeries on both shoulders.  At least you know what to expect this time around.  With the shoulders, I was in a sling tied around my waist for 10 weeks each time - could only do light therapy then back to the sling.  At least I could sew by hand.

Marsha - Western New York

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,760
Sukochi replied on Thu, Sep 29 2011 2:27 PM | Locked

So glad you are home without any problems. Will send prayers for a quick recovery.

I will probably be the next one with surgery. Have to have an endoscopy next Thurs. as my hiatal hernia is larger and may require repair. I am falling apart. He said my situation is much worse then last year.  I probably will never get my regular sounding voice back since the reflux has cause major damage to a vocal cord.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,872
Points 181,818
Marie replied on Thu, Sep 29 2011 2:50 PM | Locked

KATHY:
Surgery went well ... im home now.

Kathy so glad to here surgery went well and you are home now.  Praying now for your quick recovery.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,872
Points 181,818
Marie replied on Thu, Sep 29 2011 2:53 PM | Locked

Jeanine, loved the quilts and your commentary.  Looks like all had a good time.

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Thu, Sep 29 2011 5:05 PM | Locked

I'm ba-a-ack!  ...Didja miss me? LOL

We're moved! Now there's just a few years worth of unpacking to do. I'd have been here telling you all about the trials and tribulations sooner, but the stupid IP didn't transfer my DSL when they were supoosed to, so I have only just now gotten my internet acess back.

We're about done cleaning the old house- still have cupboards to wash out and walls to wipe down, but it's getting there. I did the carpets yesterday while Hubby worked on the garage.  This moving stuff is exhausting. Althea, if you want, I'll let you finish this up for me and take over your duties at the shop for the rest of the week...

I'm delighted to report that I was mistaken about the house. It's actually quite a bit larger then our old one so we have more elbow room. I'd thought all we were gaining was bedrooms for the kids...

The sellers left a cute antique jelly cabinet here when they left. I'm thinking that it will be perfect for my fat quarted stash! Of course it's painted a nasty shade of dead rose pink right now, so before i can use it, I'll have to give it a good cleaning and fresh coat of paint.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 796
Points 12,845
Quiltless replied on Thu, Sep 29 2011 5:08 PM | Locked

So glad to hear it went well and you are home, Kathy.  Now, put your feet up and don't try to do too much.  Time to heal. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,804
Points 420,819
gini replied on Thu, Sep 29 2011 5:17 PM | Locked

kathy, i'm glad your surgery went well,   andhello CC it's good to have you back.  

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,174
Points 387,777
Kris replied on Thu, Sep 29 2011 7:37 PM | Locked

Jeanine:
I started to add pictures to my Quilts from the Bluffs blog.

Jeanine,

I've been following your blog for some time but haven't left any comments. Your retreat photos are great. You were all quite productive.

• | Post Points: 35
Page 56 of 419 (6276 items) « First ... < Previous 54 55 56 57 58 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.