Top 10 Posters

What are you up to today? #4

Page 55 of 419 (6276 items) « First ... < Previous 53 54 55 56 57 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,275 Replies | 41 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,488
Points 138,318
Stephanie replied on Wed, Sep 28 2011 8:44 PM | Locked

Althea :
If anyone has some extra energy, please send it my way!!!

My goodness! You have you been busy!  I think I need some of your energy. LOL.

It's good to see you have been back in full swing whipping those tops out like crazy. Can't wait to see them Thea. : )

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 10
Points 50
CLMQuilter replied on Wed, Sep 28 2011 9:52 PM | Locked

I am cuting fabric for a paper pieced mystery quilt that I am doing on one of my groups. Hope to get all the fabric cut tonight and at least the first block of the mystery done.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,720
Nana replied on Wed, Sep 28 2011 9:59 PM | Locked

Sukochi

I always use spray basting  with my quilts.  I also do machine quilting but you could use it for hand quilting as well.   It doesn't make a thick residue.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,446
Points 361,712
Kris replied on Thu, Sep 29 2011 12:07 AM | Locked

gini:
gramma-ing is hard work.

Yes but you love it. Wish I had some of your get up and go.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,261
Points 173,143
Marie replied on Thu, Sep 29 2011 9:09 AM | Locked

Kris:

I agree Kris, mine "got up and went"!

Millbury, MA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,324
Points 27,940
Marsha-SM replied on Thu, Sep 29 2011 9:24 AM | Locked

Kris:

gini:
gramma-ing is hard work.

DITTO!!  to both.  I haven't had my granddaughter all summer until yesterday.  Soccor practice rained out.   ALL THOSE QUESTIONS ABOUT HOMEWORK!  They don't learn how to study without the use of a computer and the internet - - She is now 12 and likes to use me to replace the computer and her brothers!  I tell her to read her book.  I don't know how she does so well in school without old-fashioned study skills.  This brain is too rusty to remember so far back.  She loves to read -- just not text books!  I think this is more tiring than chasing them!

Marsha - Western New York

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280
Ms MoomMist replied on Thu, Sep 29 2011 9:54 AM | Locked

Marsha-SM:

Kris:

gini:
gramma-ing is hard work.

DITTO!!  to both.  I haven't had my granddaughter all summer until yesterday.  Soccor practice rained out.   ALL THOSE QUESTIONS ABOUT HOMEWORK!  They don't learn how to study without the use of a computer and the internet - - She is now 12 and likes to use me to replace the computer and her brothers!  I tell her to read her book.  I don't know how she does so well in school without old-fashioned study skills.  This brain is too rusty to remember so far back.  She loves to read -- just not text books!  I think this is more tiring than chasing them!

Miss my granddaughter, but grandson who was just 7 was here on Sunday and taught me how to play Angry Birds on my smart phone. These kids are amazing. I believe Albert Einstein was the one who didn't know his own phone # and said, that it was a waste of mind if he could look it up in a reference book. Then we use to say that, a person's intelligence could be measured by how fast they could look something up in a reference book. So do not know if all the computers are so bad, we just need parents and teachers to know how to teach them common sense and moderation.

So today, I'm up to catching up on the boards here then need to get to the sewing room, and had somewhere to go, but cannot remember so it must not have been important. Maybe later I'll go over and see my grandson's new dog.

Anyway, hope y'all have a fabulous day!

xoxoxo

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Thu, Sep 29 2011 10:05 AM | Locked

MoomMist, I bought a stuffed Angry Bird at Walmart for my Yorkie. It was kind of big for her to carry but she did. She also destroyed it in abut two days. Then it really was an angry bird. jk

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 65,998
Jeanine replied on Thu, Sep 29 2011 10:30 AM | Locked

I am finally home after the quilt retreat and a business trip.  I feel very "out of it".  My to-do list is long today and hopefully it will include some quilting.

I started to add pictures to my Quilts from the Bluffs blog.  Here is the first if you are interested... http://qftb.blogspot.com/2011/09/retreat.html

• | Post Points: 65
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280
Ms MoomMist replied on Thu, Sep 29 2011 10:33 AM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

MoomMist, I bought a stuffed Angry Bird at Walmart for my Yorkie. It was kind of big for her to carry but she did. She also destroyed it in abut two days. Then it really was an angry bird. jk

LOL

My Westie would probably shred one up in no time. I did finally find some toys that were made out of canvas and they have had them for a couple of months now!

Those terriers are hard on toys.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,324
Points 27,940
Marsha-SM replied on Thu, Sep 29 2011 10:44 AM | Locked

What am I up to today???  Not quilting or anything else I want or need to do.  My e-mail address book was HACKED AGAIN!  Once was enough,  TWICE is unforgiveable.  I am sending a "SORRY" e-mail out to everyone and have kept copies of all MAILER-DAEMON messages I have gotten from Yahoo because of rejected messages AND the "FOOLS" left some of the messages supposedly sent by me in my "sent" folder.  I have saved everything and have already sent some to Yahoo.  I am a researcher at heart, so will pick apart all information I have gotten including full headers to the e-mails.  Maybe I can help someone else avoid this problem.  My sister-in-law said her message was from a Canadian Pharmacy.  She must have opened the link in the e-mail.  The messages in my "sent" folder just contained internet addresses.  I wouldn't recommend ANYONE opening any message of this sort no matter who it is from without contacting the person first to see if they had really sent something like that without adding a personal message also.

Right now, I am one of MoomMist's ANGRY BIRDS!  I didn't need to waste my time this way!!   I changed my Yahoo password - made it longer and stronger.  Hope I can remember it now!  --- "fog-brain" ---.  I also strengthened by security on the site.  The way these "PEOPLE" are 10 steps ahead of everyone else, it may not help, but this time they left some of the messages behind.  I had gotten 18 "bounced messages" from MAILER_DAEMON at Yahoo before today and got another bunch today.

If I don't respond for a while, it will be because I will be wasting my time RESEARCHING.  Your posts probably will pile up in my in-box again!  Had over 60 or more over night!  I WILL NOT put aside this Mystery, though.  Am anxiously awaiting tomorrow!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on Thu, Sep 29 2011 10:59 AM | Locked

Just put a large amount of chicken breasts in the crock to cook.  Will use part of them today to make "chicken and dumplings" and will freeze the rest for use on another day.  I keep trying to make dinner easier so I don't spend more time in the kitchen than on my quilting. LOL  Now after I catch up on these posts, I will attempt to finish my Asian Scrappy Road (at least get the whole thing pieced and bordered), so when my fabric finally arrives from Keepsake Quilting I can start on MQ5.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Thu, Sep 29 2011 11:02 AM | Locked

Karla, someone hacked my DIL's email addy. I still get meassages from her old addy. I forward them to her when I get one. She has had a time with it. Several of my friends facebook accounts have been hacked too. These people need to get a job!!

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on Thu, Sep 29 2011 11:11 AM | Locked

I agree! 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,324
Points 27,940
Marsha-SM replied on Thu, Sep 29 2011 11:24 AM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
These people need to get a job!!

If we were still operating the farm, I could find "jobs" for them - PHYSICAL LABOR.  They are probably so out of condition from spending their lives hiding behind a computer screen, they would probably not even last 1 hour pitching manure, handling hay and straw bales, splitting and piling firewood, etc.  Unfortunately, farmers have had to turn many jobs into sit-down on the tractor jobs because everyone is so allergic to WORK.  The physical labor usually gets done by family!!

Sorry to have vented so, but we all need to some times.  It is healthier than holding it all in.  I was told by a doctor when I was 18 that I had to learn to express my feelings or I was going to have a nervous breakdown before I was 21.  I didn't learn very well and almost got there before I was 20, then I got married to a farmer!  Lots of stress-relieving activities on the farm.  Now that I am 71, I can't physically release stress in farm work, so I quilt..... or grab a hammer and repair things if the stress is bad!  I was rebuilding some old cupboards in the laundry room yesterday.  Wish I could split wood, but this body would rebel if I tried!  That is the best stress-reliever!

Page 55 of 419 (6276 items) « First ... < Previous 53 54 55 56 57 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use