Top 10 Posters

What are you up to today? #4

Page 143 of 419 (6276 items) « First ... < Previous 141 142 143 144 145 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,275 Replies | 41 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 457
Points 7,165
Mz M replied on Sun, Nov 6 2011 11:46 AM | Locked

Hello Ladies ~

I have missed you all so much! Since starting a new job about 5 - 6 weeks ago I have had little/no time to get on the computer with working 10 -15 hours a day and 1.5 hours commute. All the quilts from the mystery quilt are fabulous!  Last night I had some time and so went through no less than 15 pages of email. It was great to see you all again!

After I had been asleep about 1 hour I heard pounding footsteps upstairs like running. I hopped out of bed and heard my mom screaming my name. I ran up the stairs and found her at the door leading to the garage. She was screaming that someone had crawled in bed with her and she chased them out and to call the police. All the lights were on and she seemed paniced. I called the police and they had the K-9 unit out along with neighboring police and county officers. The dogs did get a strong scent of someone in the garage but lost it and both man-doors in the garage were open. This is why I'm always harpping on her to make sure ALL of the doors are locked secure. Times they are a changn'!! LEO canvassed the neighborhood and found nothing but I really didn't expect them to - there are way too many places to hide and I finally got back to sleep about 3:30 AM sleeping past church.

Think a nap is in order today.......what do you think?

Mz M

• | Post Points: 125
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Sun, Nov 6 2011 11:52 AM | Locked

How terrible, Mz M.  Things are definitely a changin' and not for the better, I fear.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 457
Points 7,165
Mz M replied on Sun, Nov 6 2011 11:57 AM | Locked

chocake2:

Oh No!! Hubby just called. His co-work/dear friend called him this morning with upsetting news. He was diagnosed with stage 2 prostate cancer yesterday. He knew hubby had been threw it, and just wanted to talk to someone who's been there. Poor hubby is really rattled/upset for his friend. Please add "Jerry" to your prayers if you happen to think of it.

I am so sorry for your Hubby's friend Jerry! I pray all will be well with him. Does he have family close by? Family can be such a support system. I'm glad he has your husband.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,630
Points 48,770
Debbie-do replied on Sun, Nov 6 2011 11:58 AM | Locked

Oh my goodness Mz M!  How very scary for your mom AND you!  Praise God you're both safe.

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 457
Points 7,165
Mz M replied on Sun, Nov 6 2011 12:07 PM | Locked

Debbie-do:

Oh my goodness Mz M!  How very scary for your mom AND you!  Praise God you're both safe.

My mom is getting older and that's why I moved out here - to help her out. This is a little farm town and you know not much goes on here in the way of crime. I think there has been one homicide here in 50 years. It could have been a case of drunk and mistaken house but there was nothing out of place when the guy ran through the house - he didn't knock over any furniture or anything so I just don't know! He wasn't looking for valuables because if that was the case there were plenty just laying around and he didn't take anything.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 428
Points 7,640
Kim Hanson replied on Sun, Nov 6 2011 12:23 PM | Locked

Wow - very frightening indeed!  Your poor Mom.

Yes Mz M - definitely take a nap!

Kim in Canada

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,630
Points 52,280
Ginny replied on Sun, Nov 6 2011 12:32 PM | Locked

Oh, my goodness Mz M,  how frightening that must have been.  As far as missing church this morning, I can see why.  Just get down on your knees and thank the Good Lord  that he was looking out for you bothand  had you both in His care......Ginny 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,860
Sukochi replied on Sun, Nov 6 2011 12:38 PM | Locked

MIz M. How scar for your Mom and you!!  My DH keeps the doors locked all day and all night. I get one him that we are always locked up like Ft. Knox.  I guess he has the right idea in this day and time.  Our neighbor across the street NEVER locks his doors. He says when he has a problem from having his doors unlocked day and night, he will move.  We all watch out for each other sure, but the days when people didn;'t even have a key to their house are long gone.

Please tell your Mom that we all hope she can move on from this and not feel in fear for the rest of her days, as I would!!  And, tell her now she might understand why you stress having  the house locked up at night.

Now, go take that nap.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sun, Nov 6 2011 12:39 PM | Locked

Oh my, MzM. You must be exhausted after putting in those long days with the commute on top of it. ANd then the crisis last night! You'r poor Mom. Does she feel safe now? Get some rest, knowing you are in our prayers!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Sun, Nov 6 2011 1:17 PM | Locked

MzM   What a horrible experience but gotta hand it to your mom -- she's got some good spunk going for her.  Please tell her she is my hero! 

Knowing someone has been in your house is so upsetting,, it takes awhile to get over it.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,630
Points 48,770
Debbie-do replied on Sun, Nov 6 2011 1:20 PM | Locked

Woke up feeling like I'd been hit by a bus but happy nonetheless with all the treasures I brought home from Houston.  I have over 300 pictures... what me to post em all?  :)   What amazing quilts & their quilters!  There's a mosaic of The Last Supper with (if I remember correctly) over 50,000 1/2 inch pieces...

It took him over 2 years to complete.  Unbelievable!

John Flynn himself helped me pick out the right size template set for Double Wedding Ring.  I chose 15" because he says the block sizes are in whole numbers.  Now I have to commit to making the quilt with Thea!  If only I could get the 3 done that I've started and all the Christmas presents I need to make...

Got a deal on the Twister templates (I think).  I bought all 4 sizes for $45 instead of the $52 they would have cost individually.  I took a look at the books but they seemed overpriced for what they offer so I didn't get them.  Perhaps I didn't look at them well enough. *shrug*

Check out this adorable batik I found.  I may never cut it... just bring it out and look at it... pet it and smile.. it makes me happy!

Even picked up a few things for my Secret Santa giftees!  What a great day it was yesterday!  I'll check what Kathy posted from  the show and try not to duplicate any.  Don't worry, I won't put all 3oo pics out there ! :)

Southwest of San Antonio

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,537
Points 21,100
Margaret Weber replied on Sun, Nov 6 2011 1:33 PM | Locked

CC, I will add your DH's friend on my prayer list.

Mz M, sorry to hear that someone broke into the house and gave your mom quite a scare as well as you.  I am a fanactic about keeping the doors locked and freak out if I find that they were unlocked at night. 

We had a combined church service this morning so it was quite long which has thrown my day off a little bit.  Also my heart flutter seems to want to make a reapperence which I am not pleased about.

As soon as the kitchen floor dries I will spread out the king sized sheet on the floor and get my quilt sandwhich made.  I hope to quilt on it a little today depending on how I feel.  Tomorrow is back to work but it is a 4 day work week as Friday is a federal holiday.  Plus on Tuesday I begin working 6:15 am to 12:15 pm for most of November.

Margaret

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 457
Points 7,165
Mz M replied on Sun, Nov 6 2011 1:41 PM | Locked

Debbie-do:

Woke up feeling like I'd been hit by a bus but happy nonetheless with all the treasures I brought home from Houston.  I have over 300 pictures... what me to post em all?  :)   What amazing quilts & their quilters!  There's a mosaic of The Last Supper with (if I remember correctly) over 50,000 1/2 inch pieces...

It took him over 2 years to complete.  Unbelievable!

John Flynn himself helped me pick out the right size template set for Double Wedding Ring.  I chose 15" because he says the block sizes are in whole numbers.  Now I have to commit to making the quilt with Thea!  If only I could get the 3 done that I've started and all the Christmas presents I need to make...

Got a deal on the Twister templates (I think).  I bought all 4 sizes for $45 instead of the $52 they would have cost individually.  I took a look at the books but they seemed overpriced for what they offer so I didn't get them.  Perhaps I didn't look at them well enough. *shrug*

Check out this adorable batik I found.  I may never cut it... just bring it out and look at it... pet it and smile.. it makes me happy!

Even picked up a few things for my Secret Santa giftees!  What a great day it was yesterday!  I'll check what Kathy posted from  the show and try not to duplicate any.  Don't worry, I won't put all 3oo pics out there ! :)

WOW! 50,000 peices!!! Wish I could have seen it. Lucky Secret Santa giftees!  Sounds like you had a wonderful time!  Did John Flynn make the Last Supper quilt? I have his Machine Quilting Frame and have used it once. LOVED it but the quilts I have been making are much too large to use this system in a confined area. my friend has a long arm and she lets me use it to quilt the larger quilts.Thanks for sharing!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 457
Points 7,165
Mz M replied on Sun, Nov 6 2011 1:46 PM | Locked

Maggie:

MzM   What a horrible experience but gotta hand it to your mom -- she's got some good spunk going for her.  Please tell her she is my hero! 

Knowing someone has been in your house is so upsetting,, it takes awhile to get over it.

Yeppers, she has some spunk! She called him a B&$#&%d while she was chasing him out of the house. Made the cop smile after he came back from the search and was doing a report.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 457
Points 7,165
Mz M replied on Sun, Nov 6 2011 2:19 PM | Locked

Margaret Weber:

Mz M, sorry to hear that someone broke into the house and gave your mom quite a scare as well as you.  I am a fanactic about keeping the doors locked and freak out if I find that they were unlocked at night. 

As soon as the kitchen floor dries I will spread out the king sized sheet on the floor and get my quilt sandwhich made.  I hope to quilt on it a little today depending on how I feel.  Tomorrow is back to work but it is a 4 day work week as Friday is a federal holiday.  Plus on Tuesday I begin working 6:15 am to 12:15 pm for most of November.

Mom has been taking cat naps all day! She is very tired today and said she didn't get to sleep at all last night. Hope she doesn't sleep too much today and can sleep tonight. May end up leaving a couple of lights on in the house, at night, for a while to make her feel safe.

I exhibit a complusive behavior when it comes to locks and making sure everying is locked up tight!! I have noted for the last couple of months mom is forgetting to shut doors and cabinets and lock them. Maybe she will take me more serious now. When I lived in So. CA my co-workers and family used to call me SECURITY BEAR; a name well earned.

Wow. Like your work hours! I can set my own hours where I work and have chosen to work between 7:30 and 3:30 but I have never been able to take off at the scheduled time; usually having to stay until 5 or after. Oh well, it is what it is and I do love my job! Are you going to use the sheet for your backing? I have done this on a couple of occassions and it seems to have worked out fine but continued washings will tell the truth. I am a new quilter and don't have much/any experience so am flying by the seat of my pants here. Have you used sheets before? how do they hold up?

Page 143 of 419 (6276 items) « First ... < Previous 141 142 143 144 145 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use