Top 10 Posters

What are you up to today? #4

Page 142 of 419 (6276 items) « First ... < Previous 140 141 142 143 144 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,275 Replies | 41 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,807
Points 248,379
Barbara replied on Sun, Nov 6 2011 12:01 AM | Locked

I really have not done anything exciting today ,one of those achy days ,so spent time on sofa, I guess we did have some excitement about an hour ago  we had a 5.2 earthquake. in OK. and was felt clear up here in Liberty. From what I understand Its the 2nd one today.. Scarey..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 791
Points 20,075
Carol replied on Sun, Nov 6 2011 12:08 AM | Locked

CC, poor Dolly - but too too funny!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Sun, Nov 6 2011 12:29 AM | Locked

Linda:

Hi Maggie,

Is that a new quilt shop? I don't remember that shop in Cave Creek. You would love the shop Quiltz down on Thunderbird and 32nd Street. It's a bit of a drive, but it is one of my favorite shops. I can't wait to get out there in the next few weeks because I need a visit there soooooon! Another shop I like is 35th Ave Sew & Vac located at 35th Avenue and Northern. Again a bit of a drive but well worth it!  These 2 are my favorite shops in the Phoenix area.

There's a smaller shop down on 24th Street and either Osborn or Thomas called the Quilted Apple that I'd sneak over to once in a while. There are a few others around, but I don't go to them too often. One that I had liked quite a bit in Mesa had closed last year. It was disappointing because I always could find something there. There's a Bernina shop at Pavilions at the Indian Bend exit off the 101 and there's also a large JoAnn Etc. there.

Last winter a friend had taken me to a couple shops, but since I can't drive anymore I have forgotten where they are and what the names of them are. I'll be out there in 3 weeks. Please get in touch with me and I'll introduce you to Reap What You Sew, an awesome quilters guild. You will love them, I promise.  Take a look at my blog. I'm going to try to get QCA folks that are out in the area together in Feb so we can meet face to face.

Linda

Linda, for sure I will check your blog, I would love to find a guild.   Olde World Quilts has been there for a couple of years, its on Cave Creek Road, just north of Tatum.  Funny you should mention Quiltz, I live about 4 blocks from it and have taken a lot of classes there.  Patrick Lose's studio is just across the street from Quiltz and he is trying to organize short retreats early next year.   35th Avenue moved to a larger space in the same strip center in July and had their Grand Opening this weekend - gave away "Goody Bags" this morning, I had forgotten I stopped by there on my way to the BB games which are in Happy Valley.   Sorry to say that the Quilted Apple closed this summer rather suddenly.  Do you stay in the Mesa/Tempe area when you are here?  3 Dudes Quilting is an awesome in Tempe.

Have you been to Sun Valley Quilts in Sun City?   Its another awesome shop but out a ways....99th Avenue and Bell Road.    I took part in the shop hop in September otherwise I would probably never have known about many of the shops.  I'm going to your blog now.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,025
Points 369,867
Kris replied on Sun, Nov 6 2011 4:33 AM | Locked

gini:

i just checked bunny hill. do think merry merry snowmen is the next free block of the month?  it is really cute

Sorry Gini,

the pattern is $39.95. I like the "Pumpkin Pie" pattern too. I follow her blog and I haven't seen anything about the next free BOM yet.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280
Ms MoomMist replied on Sun, Nov 6 2011 5:35 AM | Locked

Kris:

gini:

i just checked bunny hill. do think merry merry snowmen is the next free block of the month?  it is really cute

Sorry Gini,

the pattern is $39.95. I like the "Pumpkin Pie" pattern too. I follow her blog and I haven't seen anything about the next free BOM yet.

I checked too! Spent about 2 hrs yesterday trying to locate some of fabric for Henreitte, but seems as if it is all gone... bummer! I love the Merry Snowmen too! But don't think I need another project just yet! But like to get the fabric before it get all gone when she and if she decides to offer it free a couple of years from now.

xoxoxo

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,807
Points 248,379
Barbara replied on Sun, Nov 6 2011 7:15 AM | Locked

Leslie, Did you feel the earthquakes yersterday,? we felt the one last evening that happened around 11 pm. There were 2 of then in Oklahoma yesterday..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sun, Nov 6 2011 9:49 AM | Locked

It's cold here this morning - the thermometer says it's around 15 degrees. Still I'd rather have to scrape frost in the AM then deal with the after effects of an earthquake! My prayers are with those that went through that.

I just didn't have any get-up and go yesterday. I sat down on the sofa for a few minutes after hubby left for work, and the next thing I knew an hour had passed and I was waking up. Despite that little snooze early in the day, I conked out again in the afternoon.  *shrug* 'Guess I musta needed the rest.  I hope today is more productive.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sun, Nov 6 2011 10:12 AM | Locked

Oh No!! Hubby just called. His co-work/dear friend called him this morning with upsetting news. He was diagnosed with stage 2 prostate cancer yesterday. He knew hubby had been threw it, and just wanted to talk to someone who's been there. Poor hubby is really rattled/upset for his friend. Please add "Jerry" to your prayers if you happen to think of it.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,807
Points 248,379
Barbara replied on Sun, Nov 6 2011 10:38 AM | Locked

CC,I'm so sorry to hear about your DH 's friend, I will keep him in my prayers..I lost Don to the same thing.Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,630
Points 48,760
Debbie-do replied on Sun, Nov 6 2011 11:02 AM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

I will NOT take tha tthing with me to retreats.  It would take up space that fabric needs to go in.  I promise not to stop breathing long enough to need a 911 call.  All is well. About the lack of room, I will suck in my stomach and try to make myself as small as possible. I have decided on the project I want to work on during the retreat. will get all the fabric cut and labeled. That way there won't be a bunch of fabric taking up space from others.  I have decided it would  take up less room if we just don't bring clothes.  DH veteod that idea.  He said it maight scare the rest of you,  right into the ocean!! No drowning on the trip, please. ; 0

You're so funny... you always leave me smiling!  I'd bring the c-pap AND the clothes.  Waking up dead would put a damper on the retreat as would scaring everyone into a mass-ocean drowning... some space saving ideas:  Leave food at home and shop when you get there... bring 2 outfits and either wash one while you're wearing the other or buy more when you get there and mail back your clothes when you're done (isn't that what Kris did?)  ☺...  What about renting one of those boxes that go on top of the car?

Southwest of San Antonio

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sun, Nov 6 2011 11:04 AM | Locked

We were very fortunate with Hubby. They caught his early. (He had more trouble with the post-op infection then he did the cancer.)  He had me there waiting for him after every appointment, and 3 beautiful smiling children to come home to. Jerry's not so lucky... He has no family here and the cancer is advanced. He doesn't want to tell his grown daughter - says he doesn't want her to worry. She's in another state, and she was raised by her mother so he feels that there's not as strong of a connection with her dad. I know she'd be on the next flight if he told her, but he's stubborn.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,630
Points 48,760
Debbie-do replied on Sun, Nov 6 2011 11:12 AM | Locked

chocake2:

I've been trying for ages to get the artists assoc and the c art studio to interact, but have always met resistence from the studio director. She's always maintained the studio was for 'ameture' artists and the assoc is all "professional" artists (do I sound all that professional to you??)  She's "afraid they'd be offended"  to be ask to join us. HA! I know better. I've maintained that the 'professional' group had a lot to offer the those wanting to learn , and the studio has space the assoc really needs but she's held off. Last night I learned that she's been quietly cultivating the assoc members (and is using my arguements almost word for word) to get everybody working together on some projects. Why do I feel like i've been stabbed in the back?? The worst of it is that I am on the board of the studio, and all of this has taken place without my knowing it.  it's a board based descison on who we let used the studio space!!  Don't you think someone would have called me and said "hey, we need to touch base on this new developement"?? Nope... not a soul. I'm betting none of the other board members know anything either and we'll all be subjected to a great display of "How wonderful am I. Look what I have arranged" when the director tells everyone the news.

Yeah...I know I am being petty here. This is a good developement and wonderful things will come from it, but even a sugar coated knife in the spine hurts.

CC, you feel like you've been stabbed in the back because you have and you're not being petty in the least!  She's what's wrong with this country... being afraid to offend someone instead of finding out what the majority thinks, bowing down to the fears and insecurities of one instead of acting for the benefit of many then scurrying around like a rat in the dark chewing away at the structure of the thing to destroy it.  She needs to be exposed and impeached!  :-)

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,630
Points 48,760
Debbie-do replied on Sun, Nov 6 2011 11:16 AM | Locked

Marsha-SM:
He is very lucky to be OK.  Megan's going into labor 6 weeks early was a miracle.  His heartrate started to slow down and they considered a caesarian, but she was able to push him out quickly.  They discovered that his umbilical cord was tied in a FULL KNOT and was wrapped around his neck TWICE!!! 

Praise God !  He must have great things in store for Lincoln.  Congratulations on the birth of this sweet baby!

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,630
Points 48,760
Debbie-do replied on Sun, Nov 6 2011 11:21 AM | Locked

Jacy:

What a great picture, Jacy.  One big happy family! :)

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,630
Points 48,760
Debbie-do replied on Sun, Nov 6 2011 11:23 AM | Locked

gini:

Marie:

CC and Gini what if one goes commando!?

what happens in virginia beach stays in virginia beach, and in everyone's camera.   :  )

L O L   Sounds like y'all are gearing up for a wild retreat!!

Southwest of San Antonio

Page 142 of 419 (6276 items) « First ... < Previous 140 141 142 143 144 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use