Top 10 Posters

What are you up to today? #4

Page 141 of 419 (6276 items) « First ... < Previous 139 140 141 142 143 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,275 Replies | 41 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 490
Points 9,250
Darlene replied on Sat, Nov 5 2011 3:06 PM | Locked

]

[/quote]
Marie:
[quote user="gini"] Then Jim changes with Ralph and Ralph changes with Pete, [/quote

I was thinking of taking my thongs to VB I can throw in afew extra for swapsies LOL

Darlene (2mh)

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280
Ms MoomMist replied on Sat, Nov 5 2011 4:46 PM | Locked

Marsha-SM:

CC, nicknames AFTER birth can be a problem.  Our first girl, Sue, was called "Boy Named Sue", The second, Barbara (Bobbie) was "Bobcat", The third, Carolyn, was "Toughcat" - she had to be tough with them just a little over 1 year and 2 years older than her.  The fourth, Ronald, was "Ron-Ron" - not so bad, but the last, Douglas, was "Bugsy", "Bugs", "Ugly Dougly" - the first 2 because he was so tiny and the last name was the girl's favorite because he was such a pest and cried if he didn't get his way - can we say SPOILED ROTTEN?  The girls thought it was fun when he was very young to cater to him.  We all paid for it later. He was born 5 years after Ron so was a novelty to them and a "living doll" to play with.  Watch out for that with Sprout.

I think nicknames are cute, however, when you in your sixties and your mother and sibling still call you "BOY" , BABY, SISSY and BUTCH  you could say there was a problem. That happened to 3 nephews and a niece... Boy is 6' and 250 + lbs, Baby is kind of short and looks like "Peanut's Pigpen. Butch has some class but not sure what these have is exactly "class". Your choice but I just have to think that they all got love and so did all of yours. I named my two boys after a joke I heard. Their father was mostly Irish and the joke went something like Mike & Pat were in an airplane and one had to go to the bathroom, (no potty aboard) so you can guess the rest. I got lucky that both names are and were popular, but I still cringe when I think that I named them after characters in a off - colored joke.

xoxoxo,

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,443
Points 176,258
Marie replied on Sat, Nov 5 2011 4:59 PM | Locked

Now now Gini and Kris I didn't say I was going Commando I just asked what if someone did..........

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,443
Points 176,258
Marie replied on Sat, Nov 5 2011 5:00 PM | Locked

Gini I don't think it's free but it is really cute!

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sat, Nov 5 2011 5:02 PM | Locked

Darlene:

]

Marie:
gini:
Then Jim changes with Ralph and Ralph changes with Pete, [/quote

I was thinking of taking my thongs to VB I can throw in afew extra for swapsies LOL

Darlene (2mh)

(I'm not sure how I got from there to here, but I had to share...)      The flat chested gals can all pad their bras with fat quarters. The women who are more endowed can tie the fat 1/4's into halters and skip the bras all together - just rince 'em out real well before you cut em up.       :D

...Obviously I need a nap...

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,443
Points 176,258
Marie replied on Sat, Nov 5 2011 5:04 PM | Locked

Exactly what are you insinuating CC?  It's really not a bad site if you like elephants.  LOL  

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,443
Points 176,258
Marie replied on Sat, Nov 5 2011 5:08 PM | Locked

I like Sprout CC.  My last one was Snoopy and the family referred to him that way until he graduated HS.  He had a "Snoopy" cake when we celebrated.

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sat, Nov 5 2011 5:27 PM | Locked

Our niece called her baby in waiting "Nugget" and eventually he became known as "Nugs".  At one point, she announced that "Nugs is now he size of a Georgia Peach." As we all live in Georiga, that I thought that was pretty cute.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,443
Points 176,258
Marie replied on Sat, Nov 5 2011 5:35 PM | Locked

Darlene:
I was thinking of taking my thongs to VB I can throw in afew extra for swapsies

Count me in Darlene I always wanted to try them.  seems to me it would feel like a permanent wedgie, don't you think?

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,443
Points 176,258
Marie replied on Sat, Nov 5 2011 5:37 PM | Locked

CC ROFLMAO.  You need a nap I need a depends!

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sat, Nov 5 2011 6:52 PM | Locked

I had a devil of a time weaning DS1. He was talking well by the time I finally got him "detached." Somehow or another, (we never were sure where he came up with it) he started saying he wanted "Huggies" whenever he wanted to nurse. You can imagine the looks I got when we'd be in some public place and this kid would start pawing at me and shouting "Want Huggies!!" and I'd tell him no, he was too big for Huggies...  People would tsk me somthing terrible, and occasionally some well intensioned individual would take it upon themselves to tell me that you're never too old for hugs! Just try to explain what's really going on...   

Hubby took me out for our anniversary and the babysitter we hired was a sweet neighbor girl. She was known around the school as "Dolly" on account of her ample developement. Poor Dolly. DS1 took one look at her and he wanted huggies!! By the time we got home form our date, that poor girl was near tears. As soon as we'd left, he'd climbed up onto her lap and stated his desires, she misunderstood and tried to give him a friendly cuddle. I guess the night deteriated from there...

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,537
Points 21,100
Margaret Weber replied on Sat, Nov 5 2011 8:21 PM | Locked

Too funny CC.

Margaret

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,349
Points 28,485
Marsha-SM replied on Sat, Nov 5 2011 8:59 PM | Locked

gini:
old quilts were scrappy because they used old clothes and whatever they had on hand.

I've made them too - That's the quilts we used daily for play quilts for the kids, picnic quilts, picnic bench pads, in the car trunk for emergencies, etc.  I've used it all. I even started one using the legs of old work pants.  Never got it finished because I spent too much time at the barn after everyone was in school.  The first one I made was 4" squares made from the scraps left over from the dresses and play suits I made when they were young.  The back was an old sheet.  It is STILL in one piece although some of the patches are faded.  Wasn't  my favorite - SCRAPS - but sure served it's purpose -  and no cost!  It also is a memory of all that NECESSARY sewing.  The kids liked to pick out their fabrics from the squares.  The "batting" was an old blanket.  I think back then I only made one with purchased fabrics and actual batting. It is a log cabin I made about 40 years ago.  It is on the bed right now because the "old man" was cold and our electric blanket died.  We sleep in an old converted porch with no heat - it gets to freezing out there in the coldest part of the winter.  Healthy for sleeping but hard on the old joints that seem to like more warmth all the time. The biggest problem with this quilt is that it was made for a double bed and we have a QUEEN! - a little too narrow. It makes us cuddle a little closer, so not all bad! I guess it is time I make a queen-sized quilt for us and this one will be PLANNED not scrap. My favorite is one I made with 18" used flannel squares from nightgowns and crazyquilt-type cotton scraps with no batting.  These were the scraps too small for the one with the 4" squares. This one is about queen-sized.  I did the stitch and flip method using the flannel for backing or turned the raw edges under and topstitched.  Then I stitched the flannel backing blocks together and added scraps to the front over the seams to to finish the top.  I guess you could call this a 40 year old quilt-as-you-go quilt.  It is a perfect summer quilt and this one IS starting to show wear.  It is now used as a seat protector in the back seat of our crew-cab truck. Need to make another!

I have been too "windy" here.  It is past my bedtime, so I guess I had better "shut up" and go to bed!  Tomorrow I QUILT!!!

Marsha - Western New York

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Sat, Nov 5 2011 11:26 PM | Locked

Started the day today going to 9 yr old granddaughter's basketball game and 7 yr old grandson's BB game.  Decided I wanted to try wool applique thanks to Gini's and Kris's beautiful work, so went to The Olde World Quilt Shop in Cave Creek where they had wool for $40 a yard and only 36" wide.  Had to settle on a wool fabric kit with small pieces meant for a specific pattern.  Its a great shop==all of their fabrics are in giant armoirs, antique 4 poster beds, or dark wooden tables.  Mostly civil war fabrics.  Very dark in there but you can go to another room where its really light and they have 30's repro fabrics and baby fabrics.    Found another store that had wool felt much cheaper so picked up some of that too.  Spending all that money wore me out so home I went to work on the sashing for MQV.  Ended the day with a cheeseburger and fries from In n Out.   Doesn't get much better than this.  LOL

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,360
Points 37,125
Linda replied on Sat, Nov 5 2011 11:46 PM | Locked

Hi Maggie,

Is that a new quilt shop? I don't remember that shop in Cave Creek. You would love the shop Quiltz down on Thunderbird and 32nd Street. It's a bit of a drive, but it is one of my favorite shops. I can't wait to get out there in the next few weeks because I need a visit there soooooon! Another shop I like is 35th Ave Sew & Vac located at 35th Avenue and Northern. Again a bit of a drive but well worth it!  These 2 are my favorite shops in the Phoenix area.

There's a smaller shop down on 24th Street and either Osborn or Thomas called the Quilted Apple that I'd sneak over to once in a while. There are a few others around, but I don't go to them too often. One that I had liked quite a bit in Mesa had closed last year. It was disappointing because I always could find something there. There's a Bernina shop at Pavilions at the Indian Bend exit off the 101 and there's also a large JoAnn Etc. there.

Last winter a friend had taken me to a couple shops, but since I can't drive anymore I have forgotten where they are and what the names of them are. I'll be out there in 3 weeks. Please get in touch with me and I'll introduce you to Reap What You Sew, an awesome quilters guild. You will love them, I promise.  Take a look at my blog. I'm going to try to get QCA folks that are out in the area together in Feb so we can meet face to face.

Linda

Page 141 of 419 (6276 items) « First ... < Previous 139 140 141 142 143 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use