Top 10 Posters

What are you up to today? #4

Page 138 of 419 (6276 items) « First ... < Previous 136 137 138 139 140 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,275 Replies | 41 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Nov 4 2011 11:03 AM | Locked

MMM,I have one of these irons to and I love it . I got the 99.00 one and it works just wonderful. I love thath I don't have to set it up and worry about knocking it over ..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,405
Points 415,659
gini replied on Fri, Nov 4 2011 11:09 AM | Locked

marsha, what a pretty baby, i hope things continue to go well with him.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,405
Points 415,659
gini replied on Fri, Nov 4 2011 11:10 AM | Locked

chocake2:
I think one of my gentleman hiker friends had the solution to the problem of how many clothes you can take and still fit fabric in on retreats, Ladies. Hikers like to keep thier packs light so they pack as little as possible . He says they way they do it is to only change underwear every other day. Then Jim changes with Ralph and Ralph changes with Pete, etc

this might work for the retreats, what do you say ladies?   it'll save a lot of room in my bag.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Fri, Nov 4 2011 12:36 PM | Locked

Oh, Marsha, Baby Lincoln is a perfect little doll. I'm so glad he's OK!

My boys saw the pictures Jacy posted last week of her kids playing in their hey fort. Of course they thought it was way cool, so today I went out and re-arranged the straw bales to make them a fort of thier own. The wind is coming straight out of the north and the temps are well below freezing, but the boys are cozy in the cave we made. I suspect that the critters will appreciate the shelter when the boys grow bored with it. I was careful to orient the door so the wind wouldn't funnel in, no matter which way it blows.

My coffee maker died this morning. Thankfully, it waited 'til it was nearly done brewing so I got my daily dose of caffiene (Well, half-dose, as the case may be. Sprout doesn't need a full cup!!) . Luckily I had a Gevalia free-bee coffee maker out in the shed, waiting to be put to use. I just had to go find it (buried amidst the un-packed boxes) and get it set up. It looks like R2D2. I'm a little afraid to go near it...

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Posts 13
Points 150
Susan replied on Fri, Nov 4 2011 1:12 PM | Locked
My husband found help for central sleep apnea,it's a little diff...more to do with central nervous system. He is using Kangen water,this machine is the only one that is a medical product,called Enagic,because the plates in it are solid and not mesh. We are so happy we can get off of drugs!! www.kangendemo.com www.suegingerich.yourbodyiswater.com Susan, from Missouri
  • | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,345
Points 28,435
Marsha-SM replied on Fri, Nov 4 2011 1:27 PM | Locked

chocake2:
Baby Lincoln is a perfect little doll. I'm so glad he's OK!

We are sure thankful he is doing so well.  He is our little miracle baby.  You are going to have a little miracle of your own.  I just got my first 3 in school, all girls, when became like you and  "sprout".  I thought I was done and had given everything away after #4 - our first boy.  He was to start school the next year.  SURPRISE!  I had gotten so involved in the farm at that time because the girls were in school and Ron was old enough to ride on the tractor with me and he liked helping in the barn with the calves.  One month after he started school, I had Doug - our baby!  (He hates to be called that and turned 40 last week!)

Sounds like your boys have a wonderful fort for playing out of the wind this winter.  I'm sure they will spend a lot of time in there and it is a lot warmer than a snow fort.

I never had the problem of caffeine withdrawl.  Neither of us ever drank coffee even though I learned how to make coffee when I was 7 or 8.  I used to make the morning pot so my father could get going in the morning.  His breakfast was several cups of coffee and 1/2 piece of cinnamon toast (toast with cinnamon sugar and butter on it).  My brother and I used get 1/2 piece each and used to argue over the third half that was left (not that we needed a reason to fight!)

Marsha - Western New York

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Fri, Nov 4 2011 3:01 PM | Locked

YEE HAW. The new Elm Creek Qulters book, The Wedding Quilt is out. I am next on the hold list at our Library. Can't wait for that one.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,733
Points 364,762
Kris replied on Fri, Nov 4 2011 3:58 PM | Locked

Marsha-SM:
Got an update on our tiny great-grandson.  He is very lucky to be OK.

Thanks for sharing Marsha. Good to know you GGS is going to be fine.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280
Ms MoomMist replied on Fri, Nov 4 2011 4:34 PM | Locked

Marsha-SM:

Got an update on our tiny great-grandson.  He is very lucky to be OK.  Megan's going into labor 6 weeks early was a miracle.  His heartrate started to slow down and they considered a caesarian, but she was able to push him out quickly.  They discovered that his umbilical cord was tied in a FULL KNOT and was wrapped around his neck TWICE!!!  If she had gone nearer to full term, he may have suffered brain damage.  The knot could have been pinched and the double wrap could have caused real problems.  As it is, he seems to be fine.  He is off oxygen and digesting his food as he should.  They have him on a feeding tube and have pumped his stomach a while after feeding him to see if he is digesting his food.  Everything seems fine!  My daughter says he must have been jumping rope in there!!!  Have never heard of something like this before --- a FULL KNOT!  I think he is an acrobatic swimmer!

Here is a picture of tiny Megan and tinier Lincoln. I don't think she is even 5' tall. 

Daddy Nick holding Lincoln for 1st time. How small his tiny leg is!  Wish I could hold him too, but he is so far away in Germany.  Our military hospitals take good care of them over there.

These are beautiful, Marsha.... isn't modern medicine wonderful! God surely watches over Doctors and all those who invented the super technology we now have to save babies.

xoxoxo

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022
Leslie replied on Fri, Nov 4 2011 4:34 PM | Locked

Beautiful baby boy marsha,

[Ava, Missouri

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,414
Points 61,767
Joyce Brenden replied on Fri, Nov 4 2011 4:57 PM | Locked

Marsha--

Congratulations to your whole family on the addition of baby Lincoln.  What a precious bundle he is.  When will you get cuddle time with him?

Kissimmee, FL

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,414
Points 61,767
Joyce Brenden replied on Fri, Nov 4 2011 5:01 PM | Locked

CC--

Congratulations to you, too, .  I missed your initial announcement, so when will you be welcoming your little one?  How's Jr feeling about being a big brother?

Kissimmee, FL

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Fri, Nov 4 2011 5:29 PM | Locked

Joyce Brenden:

Congratulations to you, too, .  I missed your initial announcement, so when will you be welcoming your little one?  How's Jr feeling about being a big brother?

Thanks, joyce. The baby is due in early May. Jr says that being a big brother will be fun. His older brother keeps telling him that "being a 'big' is hard work,"  to which Jr replies "So's being the 'little'!"  (Who could argue with either of them??) All three of the kids are excited. They're already discussing who's going to hold the baby first, and pointing figures at who has to change the diapers. They giggle over name suggestions:  "Harvey Walter" " Maxwell Mortimore"  " Mable Edith Cornilia"   No matter what the name, they are all in agreement that Sprout is the most wonderful baby ever to happen to anybody.  DD is concerned because she'll be grown and out of the house before the baby even starts school, and she doesn't think that will give her much time to do big sister things. I can't beging to tell you what a relief it is to have them all happy and excited over this, instead of upset at the changes it will cause.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Fri, Nov 4 2011 6:07 PM | Locked

Marsha, you have a beauiful family.  Congratulations!

CC, can't imagine life gets much better than a hay fort for a couple of little guys.  Bet they remember this forever.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,135
Jacy replied on Fri, Nov 4 2011 6:42 PM | Locked

chocake2:
DD is concerned because she'll be grown and out of the house before the baby even starts school, and she doesn't think that will give her much time to do big sister things.

CC    we found out about our 'surprise' a month before our oldest graduated from High School and our youngest was soon to start Kindergarten.  She was such a cutie we even were crazy enough to have one more so she would have a playmate.  Even though the 2 oldest kids didn't spend much time living at home with these 2 little ones they still do big brother/sister things with them. And the little ones get all excited when their big brother or sister stop by (they don't live far away)

And 'old' 52yr old DH still has energy to have as much fun with the 2 and 4 yr old as he does with the bigger kids. They are so cute that your 'surprise' quickly turns in 'it must have been meant to be' because you can imagine it any other way.

• | Post Points: 65
Page 138 of 419 (6276 items) « First ... < Previous 136 137 138 139 140 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use