Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 16 Replies | 4 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 20
Points 535
kmdquilter Posted: Fri, Aug 12 2011 9:23 AM

hello my name is Kathy and I am new to the quilt club but not new to quilting.  I have been quilting since 1981, I am a teacher, teach 2nd grade and I fit my quilting in where I can.  I am married for 27 years to my high school sweetheart,  We have two sons, one 18 and one 22.  My son Andrew 22, is serving in the army.  My other son is getting ready to go to college.  Busy summer, quilting is relaxing.  Nice to meet all of you,.  Kathy

• | Post Points: 110
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Fri, Aug 12 2011 10:28 AM

Welcome, you must be getting busy with back to school.  how do you balance teaching and quilting?  I'm finding that work is taking up way to much of my time but teachers seem to be a 15 hour day kind of job.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,045
Nana replied on Fri, Aug 12 2011 10:31 AM

Welcome Kathy.

I hope you enjoy your time with us and share pics of some of your projects.  You must be busy getting ready for the school year to start.  Hope you have a great year.  I also want to thank your son for his service to the country and pray that he will be safe.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,465
Points 416,784
gini replied on Fri, Aug 12 2011 11:21 AM

welcome to the group, kathy, it's nice to meet you, also.   

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,529
Points 177,453
Marie replied on Fri, Aug 12 2011 12:47 PM

Welcome Kathy, you will surely enjoy this site, great knowledgable caring people.  Thanks to your son for serving our country, God Bless him and good luck to your son going to college.  God Bless all.

Millbury, MA

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 648
Points 10,145

Hi Kathy! S

So nice to meet you. Can't wait to see some of your work.

Cheers!

Jenn

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Aug 12 2011 3:11 PM

Hi Kathy!  I'm a recently retired teacher who is very much looking forward to enjoying autumn, my favorite season of the year, at home.  As winter rolls in, quilting will likely play a bigger and bigger part of my life.

Good luck with the new school year.  Keep in touch with us here!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 20
Points 535

Yes teaching takes up so much time but it is so rewarding,  I try to sew every friday night when I can with my quilting friend, it keeps us working on projects.  I am looking forward to my school year, it always seesm overwhelming then the students come and it's all worth it.  I look forward to sharing with you.  Kathy

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 20
Points 535

Nana,  Thanks so much and your prays are appreciated and welcomed,  he is stationed in Germany but told us his unit may be going to Kosovo or Afghanistan, so any prayers will be welcome.,   We are very proud of him but as any mother would admit, we are nervous and worried for him and all our men and women serving in harms way.  I try to fit quilting in when I can, it is really a great therapy.  Thanks for your welcome.  Kathy

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 20
Points 535

Hi nancy, thanks so much for your welcome.  as a retired teacher you can imagine how busy I have been but I am so excited to start with my new class, I miss

my old students, seems you just get them where they are independent and they move on.  I love the fall our fairs and the crisp weather, are you in an area with the changing seasons?  Thanks for your kind words,  i look forward to sharing.  Kathy

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 20
Points 535

hi vivian, thanks for your nice note, yes I am soooo busy and have to squeeze quilting in when I can,  My days are long but the rewards are tremendous, the students in second grade are sooo eager to learn and everything is exciting.  I can't wait to share, have a great weekend.  Kathy

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 20
Points 535

ThanKs Jen,  Can't wait to see yours and share too.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Fri, Aug 12 2011 11:01 PM

Hi Kathy, welcome

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,952
Points 368,312
Kris replied on Sat, Aug 13 2011 2:46 AM

Welcome Kathy.

Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use