Top 10 Posters

Longarmers Share

Page 68 of 179 (2684 items) « First ... < Previous 66 67 68 69 70 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,683 Replies | 55 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Sat, Jan 7 2012 1:09 AM | Locked

MNnancy:
Zig zags along the inner border using the versa-tool.  (

Nancy

Beautiful quilting and I love this fabric and border.  Now where did you say I could send my tops for quilting? LOL  : )

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Sat, Jan 7 2012 1:28 AM | Locked

Granny M:
Are you binding the quilts as an extra service for free or charging.  Do you think I should contact this lady and offer to help her or just let go of it.

Granny M

First I am glad you had your first customer, now that's out of the way- we can look for Lots more customers but better ones. You're on your way. This woman is not playing w/ a full one.  First, she brings you an inferior product and expects you to make it into Cinderella. No can do, missy. Then, she doesn't even know about binding.  Everyone charges for binding, Everyone!!  You want binding. You pay extra. Even me, LOL and I have had quilts LA. Sometimes I bind them myself, other times I let the LA do them if I feel extra lazy. Guess what I pay them for binding and I supply the fabric for binding. Geez whiz, Lucy, ya think?  That's right, Ricky. I do. LOL  It's called Quilting 101, even Ethel knows it. : )

I wouldn't waste a moment calling her, she probably doesn't know what binding is. Or she will probably just turn it under and sew it.

I agree with the others about a pricing sheet.  Also, I would add, that you want to put the type of batting the people want.  Some people may be allergic to polyester and want all cotton or wool etc.  You may want to put the type of thread used also.  I can't say enough for listing the type of materials used in your finished products with everyone's health concerns etc.

Now I know you went out of your way for this woman and did a beautiful job on her quilt. I hope you took a before and after pic for your business to show people what you had to work with.

Now go forth and continue with your LA business, but not with her business.  She is a lousy customer.  She doesn't deserve you.  Only good customers deserve you.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,809
Points 43,669
Eileen replied on Sat, Jan 7 2012 10:53 AM | Locked

Jeanine, the message from Marianne must've lifted you a few feet up! How great is that?!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Sat, Jan 7 2012 2:12 PM | Locked

Congratulations!! What a lift for you and your business, Jeanine.  Granny M, not to worry, it could have been worse, and it will only get better.  Training family who are only doing what they think will forward your cause is hard. 

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,604
Spudgrandma replied on Sat, Jan 7 2012 2:19 PM | Locked

Vivian :

Congratulations!! What a lift for you and your business, Jeanine.  Granny M, not to worry, it could have been worse, and it will only get better.  Training family who are only doing what they think will forward your cause is hard. 

I totally agree!!!!

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,228
Points 27,655
Agnes replied on Sat, Jan 7 2012 4:07 PM | Locked

Vivian :
Training family who are only doing what they think will forward your cause is hard. 

Amen! Amen! After over 40 years of marriage I am still training DH that if I am in the middle of something and he wants me to make changes to his paperwork he has to write in the changes, put it on my desk and I will do what is required when I get to it.  The magic word is when " I get to it.."

Good Luck on the training that home is home and business is at the studio/shop. That's another concept my hubby never really learned. He was never inconvenienced when the customer would call to shop for a gift on Christmas Eve, after we were finally home trying to relax. and sit down for a meal. Perhaps men don't have the division that women do.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Sat, Jan 7 2012 5:46 PM | Locked

Granny Agnes:
Perhaps men don't have the division that women do.

I read somewhere that men can mulittask while women are more focused.  I could NOT believe it when I read that one.  Who hadn't tried to cook supper and look after several kids/homework/door/phone/etc at the same time/  If that isn't multitasking I don't know what is.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,705
Points 436,495
Nana replied on Sat, Jan 7 2012 6:10 PM | Locked

Vivian

I agree.  I don't know one man that can actually multitask.  Most women do several things at the same time.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,604
Spudgrandma replied on Sat, Jan 7 2012 6:16 PM | Locked

Nana:

Vivian

I agree.  I don't know one man that can actually multitask.  Most women do several things at the same time.

Well, not totally true about men, they can watch 14 different shows and not actually see one on TV. :)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Sat, Jan 7 2012 6:30 PM | Locked

Ah, the old "we don't actually have to watch the whole show/game to get the gist?"

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,301
Points 414,054
gini replied on Sat, Jan 7 2012 6:42 PM | Locked

here sam and i are,  backwards again.  i do not multi task, at all.  sam lives and breathes multitasking.  sometimes he has so many balls in the air, i get a headache.

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Sat, Jan 7 2012 6:46 PM | Locked

I think its a learned thing.  my husband multies so well I have never had to.  Unless it is with my work and then I'm real good at it.  I think its a question of personal priorities.  He has control issues and I let him get away with the stuff I can't be bothered to deal with, our finances/business.  he can dispatch 12 trucks/drivers to multiple locations each and keep it all in his head.  He has to take the occasional note but  I deal with other more interesting items.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,023
Points 16,150
Judy Lee replied on Sat, Jan 7 2012 6:48 PM | Locked

LOL! Gini,

was that a fruedian slip! lollol

Judylee

needed laugh

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,604
Spudgrandma replied on Sat, Jan 7 2012 7:29 PM | Locked

Vivian :

Ah, the old "we don't actually have to watch the whole show/game to get the gist?"

That would be the one LOL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,604
Spudgrandma replied on Sat, Jan 7 2012 8:01 PM | Locked

Help longarmers........ when there is a little loop on the backside stitching, is that the top tension too loose? Its been almost a year since I used my longarm and I cannot remember!

Page 68 of 179 (2684 items) « First ... < Previous 66 67 68 69 70 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use