Top 10 Posters

Longarmers Share

Page 20 of 179 (2684 items) « First ... < Previous 18 19 20 21 22 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,683 Replies | 55 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,025
Points 16,160
Judy Lee replied on Mon, Sep 5 2011 8:09 AM | Locked

Elizabeth,

The knobs have a dot as a reference point.  i was told to fine tune with the one at the needle, a quarter turn at a time.

Judylee

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,349
Points 27,445
Elizabeth replied on Mon, Sep 5 2011 10:37 AM | Locked

Hi Judylee, I will do that.  I leave to visit my grandkids tomorrow and don't get back until the 18th.  I will call you back then.

Beth

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,349
Points 27,445
Elizabeth replied on Mon, Sep 5 2011 10:38 AM | Locked

What one at the needle, I thought there was only the one at the side where you threaded the threat???? 

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,771
Points 65,968
Jeanine replied on Mon, Sep 5 2011 11:40 AM | Locked

We got back from KC around 11:30 last night.  We had a great weekend.  I met my youngest son's girlfriend, spent time with our grandson, and hung out with my daughter/SIL at their house for a bit.  She had to show me her latest quilt projects and ask me some questions on how to.  I love seeing her come back to quilting. 

This morning my oldest son...who hasn't talked to me for 5 1/2 years...called me!  He thought I might still be in town and invited me over to see his house (which he bought 2-3 years ago.)  Miracles do happen and I was so thrilled.  I talked to him for 30 minutes or so as he told me what he was doing now and I told him I loved him and would call when we came to KC again.  Made my day and gives me renewed hope.  Prayers do get answered...

Today, I am going to move more stuff downstairs and maybe go get some of my fabric that friends are storing.  I have one more quilt I kept upstairs to put on the longarm this week sometime before we take it apart Thursday evening to take it downstairs again Friday. 

Happy Labor Day, everyone.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Mon, Sep 5 2011 11:50 AM | Locked

Jeanine, I am so happy for you!  Yes miracles do happen and prayers do get answered even if it takes 5+ years.  May you and your son make up for lost time.  I will keep you both in my prayers.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 95
Points 3,625
elgato15 replied on Mon, Sep 5 2011 11:51 AM | Locked

I would be making mostly queen and king size quilts. Would be interested in what you would recommend for longarm quilting size machine, brand and what size table that I should be looking for.  While I do not want to break the bank, I do only want to make this a one time and correct purchase.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 55
Points 755
Wendy replied on Mon, Sep 5 2011 11:55 AM | Locked

Wonderful news Jeanine...many more blessings to come!

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 14
Points 285
DW70SH replied on Mon, Sep 5 2011 11:57 AM | Locked

JEANINE:  I do not have a longarm but wish I did.  I am a coward and even afraid to free motion on my Bernina.  I do the straight lines well!  I take my quilts to someone else who does have a longarm.  If I lived in CB I would bring them to you!!  Good luck with your business.  Do you have outsiders who send you quilts for your church charity for kids?  I am about to get 2 quilt tops ready to quilt for Quilts for Kids. 

DW70SH

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,349
Points 27,445
Elizabeth replied on Mon, Sep 5 2011 11:57 AM | Locked

Jeanine, praise be!  Can't imagine not talking to my son.  So happy that things are working out.

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,349
Points 27,445
Elizabeth replied on Mon, Sep 5 2011 12:01 PM | Locked

I just purchased a used Babylock Jewl on a pinnicle frame.  the frame could be set up to 5, 8, 10 or 13 feet.  You would need at least a 10 foot frame.  I set mine to 8 feet as I have never done a king size and it is the size that would fit in my space.  Knowing where your frame will go is key as you have not only the length but nee space around it to move.  Good luck.  In my research price was #1 and I found Babylock and Handiquilter gave you the most bang for your buck. 

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,840
Points 55,670
Ginny replied on Mon, Sep 5 2011 12:25 PM | Locked

Oh Jeanine, I am sooo very, very happy for you.  See, I to'd you so, I to'd you so.  Miracles do happen!  It sounds like many things are coming back together in your life. And what seems like all at one time too.  It's miraculous what the power of prayer can do.

I am getting ready to go to a local park for my great granddaughter's 2nd birthday party.  Not really "going to the park" weather here today. It is only 60 degrees now at 1:15 .  Think it might be a short party time for this Grandma.

I have been working on a floor quilt for my 3 1/2 year old great granddaughter this morning for her to take to day care.  I'll continue once I get back home.  Have a wonderful day......Ginny 

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,025
Points 16,160
Judy Lee replied on Mon, Sep 5 2011 12:27 PM | Locked

Sorry, the adjustment screw is where you say by the thread tension bar on the front upper right of the machine.  I was trying to say that it has a little dot there and you adjust it by turning it in quarter turns.  My apologies, sometimes I am as clear as MUD!

Judylee

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,771
Points 65,968
Jeanine replied on Mon, Sep 5 2011 12:47 PM | Locked

DW70SH:

JEANINE:  I do not have a longarm but wish I did.  I am a coward and even afraid to free motion on my Bernina.  I do the straight lines well!  I take my quilts to someone else who does have a longarm.  If I lived in CB I would bring them to you!!  Good luck with your business.  Do you have outsiders who send you quilts for your church charity for kids?  I am about to get 2 quilt tops ready to quilt for Quilts for Kids. 

DW70SH

I believe that longarms are not for everyone.  It is a huge committment of money and space and time.  If you love making tops, there is nothing wrong with taking them to someone else to quilt.  Do what you enjoy.  I took mine to a longarm quilter for years until I made the leap. 

I do have people that do not attend my quilt group that will just donate quilts they have made.  I also have those that stop by to get some quilts to bring home to work on.  My mom makes quilts in Kansas City and then gives them to me when I see her.  I definitely try to work with what others are willing to give.  Quilts for Kids is a good organization.  The kids quilts we make go to Project Linus.  I try to focus on one organization for each type of quilt.  Adult quilts go to Mercy Hospital Critical Care, baby quilts go to Gabrielle's Corner or Project Linus.  It makes it easier to deliver that way.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,771
Points 65,968
Jeanine replied on Mon, Sep 5 2011 12:49 PM | Locked

Ginny:
I am getting ready to go to a local park for my great granddaughter's 2nd birthday party.

Enjoy the park and your family! 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,771
Points 65,968
Jeanine replied on Mon, Sep 5 2011 12:51 PM | Locked

Elizabeth:
Can't imagine not talking to my son

Thanks.  I am hoping to get to the point someday to actually understand why he stopped talking to me but first things first. 

Page 20 of 179 (2684 items) « First ... < Previous 18 19 20 21 22 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.