Page 179 of 179 (2684 items) « First ... < Previous 175 176 177 178 179 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,683 Replies | 55 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,771
Points 65,968
Jeanine replied on Sun, Aug 26 2012 8:09 PM | Locked

The baby quilt with the pebbles and swirls is sold.  I had it hanging on my bannister when we had our small group over for a pot luck and one of them bought it.  Cool. 

Here are a couple quilts I did this afternoon.  These are for my quilt ministry.

I love doing square spirals.  I intentially tried to make them different sizes.  I figure if you go for the inconsistent, you can't see mistakes as much.   :-)

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,771
Points 65,968
Jeanine replied on Sun, Aug 26 2012 8:16 PM | Locked

Has anyone quilted a denim quilt on your longarm?  I have a queen size quilt made with denim squares from one of my neighbors.  She came over last week to show it to me and I told her I could do it.  We talked about batting and thread and told her how much backing she needed.  She came back today with just the quilt top.  I asked about the backing and she said she didn't have time to go get it but just to use the blue flannel (felt she called it...not dealing with a real quilter here.)  Then she gave me a blank check to buy whatever I needed.  Really???  I told her I wasn't comfortable with that and she could make it out for $75 and we could settle the difference when I was done.  She said that wasn't enough.  So this will be fun!  I really want the business as it has been a slow summer so I'll see what I can do.  I will be charging her for every seam I make and every trip to the fabric store I make!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,025
Points 16,160
Judy Lee replied on Mon, Aug 27 2012 9:33 AM | Locked

Hi Jeanine,

I did a denim quilt for a client that had straight denim on the from and stretch denim on the back.  I had no trouble quilting it as long ans I stayed away from the seam intersections. Since the intersections were so thick, they would cause the needle to become locked int place (motor stall). If this happens to you advance with the hand wheel going clockwise and tie off then start again.  It happened several times but the quilt turned out beautiful.

hope this helps,

Judylee

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,171
Points 30,535
Ramona replied on Mon, Aug 27 2012 9:46 AM | Locked

Jeanine,

Wow, you're moving right along! Getting so much done.  Love the baby quilts and the spiral quilting. Congratulations on selling the one quilt!

I have done a denim t-shirt quilt. The denim was the sashing and the backing was flannel. You may want to use a denim needle in your machine or a heavier needle. I just did a meandering. Nothing fancy so I could stay away from those seams the best I could.  It'll do just fine. Be sure to share pictures.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,171
Points 30,535
Ramona replied on Mon, Aug 27 2012 10:08 AM | Locked

This is what I've been doing this last week.  The first one is one of the flannel quilts I put together for one of my daughters for Christmas using the Turning Twenty pattern.  I suggested that pattern to my SIL who then made the quilts for Christmas presents out of regular cotton fabrics.

The one above is a hand pieced quilt. I had never quilted one before. Interesting.

The one above and the ones below belong to my SIL who is learning to piece.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 119
Points 1,990
Bonnie replied on Mon, Aug 27 2012 10:18 AM | Locked

Wow! You have been one busy person! Love the quilts.

Bonnie B

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,171
Points 30,535
Ramona replied on Mon, Aug 27 2012 10:50 AM | Locked

Thank you Bonnie.   I have another hand pieced quilt on the frame. I hope it goes as well as the first one.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,025
Points 16,160
Judy Lee replied on Mon, Aug 27 2012 3:00 PM | Locked

Ramona,

YOU GO GIRL!  Wow you have gotten alot done.  I bet if feels good to get back into the swing.  I love the simplicity of the patterns and the colors that you chose.  I t is funny how our piles of todos, got to tadones and then back to todos again. Love the cycle.

Judylee

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,171
Points 30,535
Ramona replied on Mon, Aug 27 2012 6:00 PM | Locked

Judylee,

Thank you Judy. Yes, I have been fairly busy of late.  It feels good.

I am keeping my Christmas gift throws simple. I wanted to get them pieced before my friend from Ohio got here with her 22 quilts.  I still have the two to do of hers. I had told my SIL about the Turning Twenty pattern and how quick and simple it is so she made her family some Christmas throws as well. She used the Christmas fabrics but I just used flannel that I have that I wanted to get used up. So all of mine will look pretty much the same. Same fabric just maybe in a different order. LOL 

I kept the quilting simple on hers. Loop meandering and regular meandering. If I foresee issues with a quilt, then I use a meandering of sorts.  She doesn't care and I wanted to get them quilted without any additional work. As it was I was sewing borders, fixing seams, repairing holes and taking up blocks that had WAY too much fullness. Pantograph was not the way to go on these. She is coming along though and at least she is trying. She is one of those people who always has to stay busy and does everything very fast. Doesn't take any time at what she does. Just a getter done kind of gal. She has so many irons in the fire between working, side job, watching grandkids and all the other every day chores.  She is on the go constantly.  For her to even get to quilting is a plus.

Todos to tadones!!!  Hugs

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 198
Points 4,155
Snugglebug Quilter replied on Mon, Aug 27 2012 8:44 PM | Locked

Hi ladies. Everyone's quilts look amazing. I haven't been doing much. I'm having my gallbladder out tomorrow, provided my asthma cooperates. If you pray, a few sent my way would be appreciated. I'm as nervous as a cat on a hot tin roof, as my mother used to say!!  

Zeba

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,836
Points 55,620
Ginny replied on Mon, Aug 27 2012 9:00 PM | Locked

Zeba,  I'll say a little prayer for you that everything goes very well for your surgery tomorrow.  Just don't think you are going to come home and lift a 19# 3mo old out of the crib like I did back when.   Ginny

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 198
Points 4,155
Snugglebug Quilter replied on Mon, Aug 27 2012 9:24 PM | Locked

Oh oy Ginny!  How long was it until you felt ok?  The only time I went under was when I had my oldest son, and that was 24 years ago!  I'm trying not to freak out. Lol

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,836
Points 55,620
Ginny replied on Tue, Aug 28 2012 7:48 AM | Locked

Zeba, it was about 3 weeks until I could lift him.  It worked out well though. One of my aunts and uncles were waiting for their 1st gradchild to be born so they wanted to take him home for practice.  They loved it. My cousin and his wife loved it, and it gave me a chance to heal better , although I missed him.     Ginny

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,935
Points 258,655
QCA Admin replied on Tue, Aug 28 2012 8:28 AM | Locked

Hello All,

Due to the size of this thread it has been locked and a new one has been started. Please post in the Longarmers Share #2 discussion thread.

QCA Mandy

Page 179 of 179 (2684 items) « First ... < Previous 175 176 177 178 179 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.