Top 10 Posters

Longarmers Share

Page 167 of 179 (2684 items) « First ... < Previous 165 166 167 168 169 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,683 Replies | 55 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 30
Points 325
Teddi Walker replied on Sun, Jul 22 2012 1:28 PM | Locked

Hi ya'all

I have a good friend who is unable to stand and quilt, her husband cut the legs down on her Grace frame and she has an office chair and just wheels herself all over the house.  She does have a quilting business and is quite happy with her "wheels".  Just something to think about.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,091
Points 29,520
Ramona replied on Sun, Jul 22 2012 1:57 PM | Locked

Jeanine,

That's good to hear. I'm glad there are some who will go from start to finish. It's a wonderful thing you are doing.  Each quilt  given I'm sure is an inspiration and a comfort.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,091
Points 29,520
Ramona replied on Sun, Jul 22 2012 2:00 PM | Locked

Teddi,

Sounds like your friend is a go getter. That's wonderful and running a quilt business too. Wow!! Fantastic!!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 119
Points 1,995
Bonnie replied on Mon, Jul 23 2012 8:34 PM | Locked

Wow! Great idea! I have Lupus, RA, AS, etc so when the time comes I know what to do. I have a bar stool right now that I am using.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 119
Points 1,995
Bonnie replied on Mon, Jul 23 2012 8:47 PM | Locked

I am knew here. I just purchased a Babylock Crown Jewel with the 12' Grace Frame. I have quilted one full sized spiral bargello and a table topper on it. I am knew to longarming, so I will be needing lots of practice. But, I am having fun. I have three quilts waiting to be quilted. I love the Quiltmotion that I purchased with my Crown Jewel. Now I need to think of a name for her. So if anyone has any pointers or heads up on longarm quilting etc. please let me know as I can use all the help I can get. I have been reading a lot of the post on here and looking at all the beautiful quilts you all have done. I have RA, Lupus, AS, IBM, etc. and thanks to my medical team I am up and walking and able to do some things now with limitations. But, I was so happy to get back to my quilting. It helps me feel like I am doing and accomplishing something. So this is so exciting for me. Any ideas for naming my Crown Jewel would be great. You all are a great bunch of people!

• | Post Points: 50
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,024
Points 16,170
Judy Lee replied on Tue, Jul 24 2012 6:00 AM | Locked

Hi Bonnie,

Welcome to QCA and Longarm Share!  You will be able to get lotts of information here! Just post your questions and we all chime in to help. We also share our trials and tribulations and learn from each other in the process!

As for naming your longarm, that will come to youas you are working. Mine is called Miss Jewel, after my grandmother! She even wears a colorful scarf just like my Granny did. My Granny changed my life so much for the better, as has my longarm, Miss Jewel has done the same. After breaking my back, 2 strokes and MS, I didn't think that I would be able to do much of anything to be productive.  So, you will work with your longarm and one day out of the blue, her name will come to you!

Sorry for babbling on! 

Judylee

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 119
Points 1,995
Bonnie replied on Tue, Jul 24 2012 6:40 AM | Locked

Hi Judy,

Thank you for the reply. You are not babbling. It is nice to meet you (so to speak).  Wow, you have had your challenges. I am so glad you have over come them and are able to quilt amongst other things. I am sure there will be lots of questions I will have. LOL

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Tue, Jul 24 2012 6:43 AM | Locked

Welcome, Bonnie!  Sounds like you have a nice set up.  I have an APQS Millenium and the night they set her up she was named.  For some reason, the phrase Able Mabel came to me so her name is Mabel.  It just seemed right.  Let us know when you get yours named!  We are on a first name basis with our machines on this forum!  LOL

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Tue, Jul 24 2012 6:51 AM | Locked

The latest quilt on my frame.  This is a wedding gift for my best friend's son.  Rush wedding because he enlisted in the Army.  He has been in National Guard but graduated college and couldn't find a decent job.  He's a great kid!  Anyway, since I am leaving for Montana on Friday for ten days and the wedding is five days after I get back, thought I better get it done before I leave.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 119
Points 1,995
Bonnie replied on Tue, Jul 24 2012 7:01 AM | Locked

Thank you Jeannie! Your Able Mable is  one heck of a set up! Love the name! ;D Looks like there is sure a great group of people here. I am so glad I joined. When I think of a name for my CJ I will post it.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 119
Points 1,995
Bonnie replied on Tue, Jul 24 2012 7:05 AM | Locked

I just wanted you to know that I just love the work you do and thank you for sharing it.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 35
amarillo50 replied on Tue, Jul 24 2012 7:40 AM | Locked

Hi, I have acquired an old APQS longarm,  I have not named mine yet.  I cannot do freehand, so far all I have done is pantogram.  It does not have a stitch regulator and I cannot seem to get a good rhymn with freehand.   The machine seems to take off and does not slow down.   I have one other problem I was hopeing to get help with, when I first start the first design is always messed up on the bottom with excess threads.  I have checked the tension and it seems ok.  After I do the first one the rest of the quilt is fine.  Even the first one on each consecutive row.  Any help would be appreciated.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 402
Points 6,110
Pat M. replied on Tue, Jul 24 2012 7:59 AM | Locked

Bonnie--

You may have just named your machine without realizing it---CJ!

Pat--"Keep Calm and Carry On"

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 806
Points 12,419
Joan L. replied on Tue, Jul 24 2012 8:03 AM | Locked

Pat, Just what i was thinking. CJ, sounds like it fits.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 119
Points 1,995
Bonnie replied on Tue, Jul 24 2012 8:30 AM | Locked

Pat,

Just to funny! After I posted that, that was exactly what I thought. So everyone, CJ will be my Crown Jewel's name. See how you all helped and that came about. This made my day!

Page 167 of 179 (2684 items) « First ... < Previous 165 166 167 168 169 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use