Top 10 Posters

Longarmers Share

Page 16 of 179 (2684 items) « First ... < Previous 14 15 16 17 18 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,683 Replies | 55 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 65,998
Jeanine replied on Fri, Sep 2 2011 4:58 PM | Locked

ihendrickson:
Need to go into business, but I lack confidence at this point.

Welcome, Irene.  I took a class from Pam Clarke.  She was fun...and talk about confidence!  I am just starting to do quilting as a business and I don't do a lot but I am starting to get myself out there to friends and family.  I think if you just start slow and understand what your strengths are, you'll be fine.  For me, I know I do the simpler pantographs well and I am working on more intricate pantographs but probably wouldn't do them for money yet.  I am working on custom quilting but would not do that for pay either.  But someday...  Do what you know...practice the rest...

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 65,998
Jeanine replied on Fri, Sep 2 2011 5:03 PM | Locked

MTAnn:

Love your 'filmstrip' quilt.  Is that pattern for sale?

I'm not sure which quilt...the Batik weave quilt?  That is one I quilted for a friend so I'm not sure what pattern that is. 

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 182
Points 5,365
Patti replied on Fri, Sep 2 2011 6:28 PM | Locked

MTAnn:

Love your 'filmstrip' quilt.  Is that pattern for sale?

Are you talking about the filmstrip quilt on page 1 of this thread?  That is a quilt that I made for my family reunion last month.  The pattern is from Karen Montgomery and is titled "Picture This".  Karen owns my local quilt shop, but her patterns are available online.

Patti in Pgh

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,024
Points 16,170
Judy Lee replied on Fri, Sep 2 2011 7:20 PM | Locked

Welcome Irene,

It is time to just play!  Put a dark colored fabric on board and Play.  You know what you have seen and learned, Now it is just time to play and have fun! Experiment! 

Judylee

P.S. I have watched many videos, went to the Baby Lock Longarm Getway, but would love to have classes from Linda Taylor and Pam Clark!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,024
Points 16,170
Judy Lee replied on Fri, Sep 2 2011 7:32 PM | Locked

Hi Jeanine,

Just relax and don't get a death grip on your handles, LOL!  I did.  Go slow and steady and try to be loose.

Easier said than done!

Judylee

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,195
Points 24,070
Elizabeth replied on Fri, Sep 2 2011 8:00 PM | Locked

OMG am I laughing at myself.  Conquered the bobbin winder and while I was reading the book saw that I had my machine threaded wrong, so I fixed it.  Put the bobbin in and thread kept breaking, did everything, walked away three times on the forth try I saw that I had forgotten one whole process of the threading.  Fixed that and woot hoo away I go.  My free hand stippling is fine but could not follow a pounce pattern very well.  the machine moved to easily!!!!  The one problem I am now having is where my two track meet there is a small bump that stops the wheels  This happens only on the back.. Have already replace both with new tracks and it is still happing. Any ideas????

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,024
Points 16,170
Judy Lee replied on Fri, Sep 2 2011 8:11 PM | Locked

Hi Elizabeth,

A pounce pattern is a guide, I never hit it perfectly, thank God the chalk wipes off. LOL!   You have the Pinnacle frame, right?

You should have one long strip of plastic runner on the front and back of your frame.  Is it in multiple pieces?

Did you make sure that the wheels of the carriage and the wheels on the Jewel are absolutely spotless, ie ..no lint, rubber,dust or anything on them?

Judylee

Not Ranked
Posts 56
Points 820
MTAnn replied on Fri, Sep 2 2011 8:20 PM | Locked

Thanks Jeanine,  I'll just be patient.  I know the learning curve is pretty steep!!! :) 

Not Ranked
Posts 56
Points 820
MTAnn replied on Fri, Sep 2 2011 8:21 PM | Locked

Thanks Patti - I'll go on-line and do some shopping...  poor me...having to shop! 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,195
Points 24,070
Elizabeth replied on Fri, Sep 2 2011 8:25 PM | Locked

hi Judylee,

I do have the pinnicle fram set up to 8 feet, so it is two sections, 5 and three and there were only 5 and 3 foot sections of track.  Maybe I should call Grace and see if I can get 8 continious feet.  I will double check the track and wheels but I can feel the slight bump with my hand.  Thinking very fine grit sand paper to smooth it out????

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,195
Points 24,070
Elizabeth replied on Fri, Sep 2 2011 8:31 PM | Locked

I am trying to mast clam shell as it is a pattern I want to do on a quilt.  I am having trouble doing the arches.  I slowed sown the speed to 15!! and that seemed to help a bit.  I am sure I just need to practice, practice practice.  In the meantime GROOVY BOARDS!!!! No learning curve.

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,812
MNnancy replied on Fri, Sep 2 2011 9:08 PM | Locked

Jeanine, I just want to take a moment here to thank you for starting this thread.  I have already learned so many useful tips just reading through the postings.  And I do think this gets more attention here than it would have hidden away in the groups.  So thanks!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,024
Points 16,170
Judy Lee replied on Fri, Sep 2 2011 9:16 PM | Locked

Oh Elizabeth,

Your runners should be a continuous track.  You can order them from  Grace Pinnacle.com , they are 10 feet long and you cut them to fit.  The price of my last set was 18.95 per track.  They really have to be one piece or that bump will kill every pattern you try to do.  I have replaced my already due to use.

Hope this helps,

Judylee

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 65,998
Jeanine replied on Fri, Sep 2 2011 9:31 PM | Locked

I am getting as much as anyone out of this, too, Nancy.  I'm glad it is getting such a great response. 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 65,998
Jeanine replied on Fri, Sep 2 2011 9:35 PM | Locked

My New Joy frame did the same thing.  That was the thing that finally got me to buy the Millenium.  I was so tired of dealing with the bump.  My DH had tried to sand it and adjust it but it never completely fixed it.

Page 16 of 179 (2684 items) « First ... < Previous 14 15 16 17 18 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use