Longarmers Share

Page 158 of 179 (2684 items) « First ... < Previous 156 157 158 159 160 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,683 Replies | 55 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,348
Points 27,440
Elizabeth replied on Thu, Jun 28 2012 8:47 AM | Locked

Great job Jeanine, love the pattern

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 198
Points 4,155
Snugglebug Quilter replied on Thu, Jun 28 2012 9:02 AM | Locked

Hi Jeanine.  I haven't been here for awhile, so I was just catching up.  Seems you're busy as ever!  Your grandson is a handsome fellow, for sure.  I love that age.  Your quilts are fab as usual!  How's your custom work coming?  I bet you are excelling there too!  I understand about the challenges life throws at us.  I am still working up to moving to the Chicago area, haven't commited yet as we have to sell our house here first most likely.  Pretty scarey uprooting like this!  While I don't have aging parents, I do have  a brother with very serious health problems who rely's on me for moral support and the guilt of leaving him in this move is very tough.  It's great having the support of you ladies here though, you're all like portable friends!  :)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,171
Points 30,535
Ramona replied on Thu, Jun 28 2012 9:05 AM | Locked

Jeanine,

Happy Anniversary!!!!!

That DGS is so precious. I love the natural shots better than the posed ones. Gets more of their personality and you can see they are having fun.

Great job on the music quilt pattern. It looks difficult. You do such a wonderful job. It looks so smooth. I would never be able to get a straight line with the panto. Do you have a secret? The patterns I like to do are tighter.  The cheater panel looks good too.  Nothing wrong with that, especially since he loved the panel.

It does take alot to mix a family. We've been married 22 1/2 yrs (I can't believe how fast it's gone) and managed to get all 4 married and now it's 9 grandchildren later.  Again.....

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,171
Points 30,535
Ramona replied on Thu, Jun 28 2012 9:18 AM | Locked

Snugglebug Quilter,

I know how you feel with the move. We were supposed to be moved and in a new house 5 yrs ago. Between family and the economy it just hasn't happened. We are both retired and would love to get the move over and just take the loss but between that, aging parents, a brother who isn't doing well , the kids and grandkids, I'm not sure this move is ever going to happen. I feel we won't ever be settled.  For us, trying to keep up the two places is quiite a challenage. Currently we have a 2 bdrm cabin but the goal is to build a house once the other one is sold.

Making a move is very emotional and stressful. I've been working on ours since 1996. You'd think I'd be okay with it by now. Good luck and I pray all goes well with your decision.  I feel for you.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,836
Points 55,620
Ginny replied on Thu, Jun 28 2012 9:39 AM | Locked

Happy 9th Anniversary to you and your husband, Jeanine.  Isn't it amazing, when you stop and think about it, how much the two of you have come thru together?  But that was yesterday- now look for the tomorrows and know if God brought you through this,  He will keep His loving arms around  the two of you.   Ginny

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 114
Points 2,910
Cindy Stowe replied on Thu, Jun 28 2012 11:10 AM | Locked

Happy Anniversary Jeanine! You did a great job on the music quilt! I love the Birthday boy, such a cutie!

Cindy Stowe

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 114
Points 2,910
Cindy Stowe replied on Thu, Jun 28 2012 11:26 AM | Locked

Well, gang, remember the feather lesson I told you about that started June 1st? Well, I finally got it on & off my machine. Remember, the only "bells" I have is stitch regulator. This quilt has been a real learning curve. 4 different thread colors, 3 different thread types, feathers, tension issues, & a frame that has bumps! Now I get to take the frame apart, sand down the rails & put it back together! This is not the best quilting, but it was all free hand.

Cindy Stowe

• | Post Points: 80
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 198
Points 4,155
Snugglebug Quilter replied on Thu, Jun 28 2012 1:40 PM | Locked

Ramona, you hit the nail on the head about feeling settled.  We've been talking of moving for a few years now, so I have resisted trying to start anything with the long arm, just because why bother if I'm moving?  Maybe not the best attitude, but there it is.  Also, now my twins are entering high school, and I am beginning homeschooling them because of the environment being so much against my beliefs, (the mingling of boys and girls, the dress, behaviors etc), so that is a new thing as well. I think we are going to be listing the house now, but now I have to pack and paint LOL  I don't mean to whine or complain, I'm actuallly greatful for all of these opportunities.  But I am dearly looking forward to the feeling of being "settled"  We certainly are tested in this life aren't we?  :) 

So enough philosophical stuff.  I am just completing my first 2 QoV, and I'm very excited about it.  I have to say that the first one I'm not exactly in love with, but it is ok.  The second on I just did a panto, so it's fine.  Once I get them photographed I'll post them here.

Hope everyone is staying cool.  We are having a horrible heat wave here!

Zeba

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 198
Points 4,155
Snugglebug Quilter replied on Thu, Jun 28 2012 1:46 PM | Locked

WOW Cindy!!  How long have you been at this?  Your work is A+++.  Very nice!!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,171
Points 30,535
Ramona replied on Thu, Jun 28 2012 2:28 PM | Locked

Cindy,

After seeing your feathered quilt I think I'll just give up. I'll never be half that good at feathers. What an absolutely BEAUTIFUL quilting job. From A-Z.  I need lessons for sure. I have only done meandering feathers once and a few in some borders. Yours are amazing!! Love them.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,171
Points 30,535
Ramona replied on Thu, Jun 28 2012 3:20 PM | Locked

Snugglebug Quilter,

Seems you have a lot going on right now. So many changes. God doesn't give us more than we can handle and if it's meant to be things will fall into place. That's what I keep saying to myself, that things are happening the way they are suppose to. We should not be in control, I will mess it up every time. We have to let God have the controls AND the steering wheel for things to turn out as they should. I'm just waiting on Him. 

It said 104 degrees on our truck thermometer today in southern KY. I was really enjoying the 80 degree weather a few days ago.

Looking forward to seeing the pictures of your quilts.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 114
Points 2,910
Cindy Stowe replied on Thu, Jun 28 2012 3:38 PM | Locked

Snugglebug,

You haven't seen the back! This one will be on display near Queenie as a reminder...matter of fact, I think that's what I'll name it! There's a couple of tucks on the back from doing all of one thread, then re-rolling to go back to do another. Not a terrific idea! Won't do that again, or at least the way I did it! LOL! This is only the 4th quilt I've done on my own machine, I think I've done 9 all totaled. It would have turned out a WHOLE lot better if I hadn't had frame issues. It definitely shows! Once I get the poles sanded & polished, I'm going to stick a practice piece on & really do some practicing!

Cindy Stowe

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 114
Points 2,910
Cindy Stowe replied on Thu, Jun 28 2012 3:51 PM | Locked

Ramona,

all it took was persistence & concentration. I did mark out the spine to follow & the corners I cheated & used Golden Threads paper & stitched thru the motif, but the rest was just doing it. I'm very pleased with the dark purple border & stipple, but the round feathers look best on the inside curve, rather than the outside. All in all, as a 1st feathered quilt, I'm not unhappy with it, but I'm not happy with it either. There's definitely room for a lot of improvement.  What I am happy with is the amount of learning I had with this one & the confidence I gained, that was tremendous! It taught me that I can achieve more if I just apply myself to it.

Cindy Stowe

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,171
Points 30,535
Ramona replied on Thu, Jun 28 2012 4:13 PM | Locked

Cindy,

You just don't want to toot your own horn. LOL Guess I'll do it for you TOOT, TOOT!! You did a great job and as for the back, we'd of not known if you hadn't of told us. Like I said before, if mine were half this good,  I'd be happy as a lark. And your placement ideas were right on with me.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,771
Points 65,968
Jeanine replied on Thu, Jun 28 2012 5:03 PM | Locked

What an incredible quilt, Cindy!  Great job on the quilting.

Page 158 of 179 (2684 items) « First ... < Previous 156 157 158 159 160 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.