Top 10 Posters

Longarmers Share

Page 130 of 179 (2684 items) « First ... < Previous 128 129 130 131 132 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,683 Replies | 55 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Sun, Apr 29 2012 8:27 PM | Locked

Nice quilting, Sarah.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 790
Points 20,040
Carol replied on Sun, Apr 29 2012 9:15 PM | Locked

Snugglebug Quilter:

trying to post the pic from my computer.  lets see if it works this time!  LOL

I don't have a longarm, but keep checking this thread, interesting.  And this picture is fascinating - beautiful purple - makes me want one if only to look at!!  What brand is this?

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 55
Points 950
Bonnie Stonebraker replied on Sun, Apr 29 2012 10:19 PM | Locked

Here is one I've currently got on the frame. It was hand pieced and appliqued/embroidered by a friend's grandmother. My friend is in her  80's so this is a precious family heirloom for her....

I found the border fabric for her and am doing the "hooked on feather"s technique on the border, outlining the squares with a stitch in the ditch and then using a ruler to do the "rays" from the center out. I showed my friend a picture of what I was doing and she's a happy camper! Love when that works!!

• | Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Sun, Apr 29 2012 10:54 PM | Locked

Very nice, Bonnie.  I am impressed.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Sun, Apr 29 2012 11:03 PM | Locked

I was going to get 2-3 quits quilted this weekend but ended up getting only half of one done.  But I did get my grandson's quilt done, mq6 blocks done, went to a quilt shop close out and bought $120 of fabric at 65% off, unpack two more boxes still left from the flood last year, and organized some of my quilt studio.  I got a lot done...just not what I was supposed to do.

Not Ranked
Posts 28
Points 350
Karen replied on Sun, Apr 29 2012 11:17 PM | Locked

Welcome Sarah,

This is a great site, you are so blessed to be able to quilt with your mum!  Mine is an artist but also enjoy quilting with me when I come back to North America for the summers......the count down is on, I come back in 1 week for 4 months, I will miss my mid arm but will get to see my family and get some tops ready for quilting.

Not Ranked
Posts 28
Points 350
Karen replied on Sun, Apr 29 2012 11:20 PM | Locked

Bonnie, great quilting for this quilt.  I enjoy doing ruler work, it is time consuming but I find it so relaxing that I get lost in a time warp when doing it.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,270
Points 35,195
Granny M replied on Mon, Apr 30 2012 10:10 AM | Locked

Great Quilting Bonnie.  I wondered if anyone had put the hooked feathers on a quilt yet.  I have been pencil and papering since I got my book.  I have a sampler quilt that I am going to try some things on.    Have to finish a client quitl first. 

Then on to my first "hooked" feathers on a quitl.   I have found this to be very addictive, I think I have drawn these feather on just about every piece of paper in the house.  Still can't stay real consistate, but it does not seem to matter with these.

Granny M

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Mon, Apr 30 2012 10:12 AM | Locked

I have one charity quilt to do after I finish the one I'm working on.  I'll let you know how the feathering went when I get it done.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,270
Points 35,195
Granny M replied on Mon, Apr 30 2012 10:15 AM | Locked

rshatto:

I hope if I have any problems, I can come here for suggestions.

Robin you will find that everyone here helps everyone with pleasure.    I remember the excitment of getting my machine,  I bet your head is sore from bouncing around the room and hitting the ceiling with the dance of joy.  Just wait til you see it set up and it is all yours.

Have fun  think I'll dance with you or is it for you  LOL

Granny M      Too Happy 2 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,270
Points 35,195
Granny M replied on Mon, Apr 30 2012 10:18 AM | Locked

Vivian :

I have one charity quilt to do after I finish the one I'm working on.  I'll let you know how the feathering went when I get it done.

Works for me, thanks Vivian

Granny M

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Mon, Apr 30 2012 10:24 AM | Locked

I am seriously considering loading my quilt upside down.  I am having the worst time seeing where I have stitched and if I could use the backing instead of the busy front of the quilt, I think it would go much better.  For an allover design, I can’t see why it would matter as long as you know where the edge of the quilt top was.  Thoughts??  Upside down meaning loading the top on the bottom and the backing right side up.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,270
Points 35,195
Granny M replied on Mon, Apr 30 2012 10:31 AM | Locked

Vivian :
I am seriously considering loading my quilt upside down

I have never tried that but one thought comes to mind.   the bungee cords.  How would you put them on.  my thought is that it would distort the front of the quilt.  Also the backing and batting are larger and how would you see the edge of your top for sure.    Just the thoughts that hit me when I saw your post.  If you try it let us all know how it works out. 

Got to get back to work so catch everyone later

Granny M

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Mon, Apr 30 2012 10:37 AM | Locked

I was thinking about the cords and all.  I think I can make it work.  even if I had to sew a temporary side piece on and trim the backing off a bit it would be worth it.  I somply can't see where I sewed and where I didn't and it is awkward for placing the pattern elements.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 114
Points 2,910
Cindy Stowe replied on Mon, Apr 30 2012 11:00 AM | Locked

Vivian,

I don't see why you couldn't load it backwards. My only concern would be stretching of the top with bungees. The backing & batting being larger wouldn't really be a problem as with a mirror under the edges you could see where the row ended. Let us know what happens if you do this.

Cindy Stowe

Page 130 of 179 (2684 items) « First ... < Previous 128 129 130 131 132 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use