Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 10 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 27
Points 690
Biglucyfan Posted: Wed, Aug 10 2011 4:16 PM

Hi Everyone

I am not really new to QC I have been a member for a year and totally love it.  I work alot so I don't get to get on here as much as I would like to and when I have my free time I spend it either with my grandchildren or quilting.  I do have one question does anyone have the quilters club credit card and are the rewards worth getting it for?  I got an application in the mail today and am undecided on wether to apply or not any help anhy of you can give me would be greatly appreciate.

And again I LOVE THIS CLUB

Debbie from Annapolis Maryland

AKA  BIGLUCYFAN

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,061
Points 170,737
MNnancy replied on Wed, Aug 10 2011 8:48 PM

Since you mentioned it, I guess I have seen some quilting credit card offer come in the mail, but like all other offers, it goes in the trash unread.  I have ONE credit card issued by my bank that I use for everything.  I absolutely do not want to be making payments to more than one credit card company each month.  Sorry, guess I'm no help on this question.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,315
Nana replied on Thu, Aug 11 2011 12:08 AM

Debbie

Sorry I no longer have any credit cards.  Got rid of all of mine several years ago and do not miss them.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Thu, Aug 11 2011 10:45 AM

I have found that the credid card companies will only offer free items if they can keep the intrest rate  high.  My card has a really low intrest rate but no free stuff.  Can't have both I guess.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,061
Points 170,737
MNnancy replied on Thu, Aug 11 2011 12:59 PM

Or go for the free stuff but make absolutely sure that the card gets paid off each month.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 186
Points 4,891

My husband and I are also credit-card-less.  No temptation that way~if I had one I would have bought a long arm machine by now!

Rose

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,315
Nana replied on Thu, Aug 11 2011 1:12 PM

Rose

I am with you.  I found that credit cards get me in real trouble.  Got rid of them and just use by debit card for everything.  If I don't have the money then I just don't buy....LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,914
Points 420,634
gini replied on Thu, Aug 11 2011 4:52 PM

we charge everything we can on our cards and rack up the airline miles.  we remodeled our house and charged everything we could,  that was good for our flights to asia, and   we've made several flights across the us on them.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,590
Points 392,187
Kris replied on Fri, Aug 12 2011 12:54 AM

Credit card rewards paid for my trip to WA for the retreat in October.  If you can keep from going overboard they're not bad to have. Many companies will lower your interest rate if you ask, especially if you're a good customer. They don't want to lose business. 

Not Ranked
Posts 27
Points 690

Wow thanks for all the great information I decided against it after I read the small print and decided I don't need any more credit cards you all are great.

Debbie

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Fri, Aug 12 2011 10:31 AM

Ah, yes, the small print.  No one ever reads the small print. 

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2017 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.