the name UFO's. . . . .

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 108
Points 975
tinamom Posted: Sun, Aug 7 2011 3:40 PM

the name UFO's seems to have such a negative connotation to it.  I would like to propose some new names for our Wonderful Works in Progress??? . . . . Future MasterPieces???. . . . .  .Future Family Hierlooms???. . .  . .and for those projects that just seem to go on forever. . . .  .No Longer Fun!!!!!  Teeheee.  Does anyone else have some ideas?

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,402
Points 119,641
Patti replied on Sun, Aug 7 2011 3:58 PM

Well one of the members quite a while ago started calling her project "stupid quilt" because of all the triangles.  I have a few "guilt quilts" hanging around that are designated to certain people, but remain unfinished. 

For me works in progress are exactly that.  And I have several of those going.  But the UFOs for me not only stands for unfinished, but for unfinished forgotten objects. 

I do like the "master pieces" however.  Cause many of my UFO's are because I have hit a snag that needs a little more expertise before I tackle it again.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,547
Points 417,049
gini replied on Sun, Aug 7 2011 4:43 PM

mine are all WIP's

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,055
Points 369,287
Kris replied on Sun, Aug 7 2011 5:49 PM

I like WIPs as well. They won't be UFOs until I am no longer able to work on them.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,059
Points 13,715
Carey replied on Sun, Aug 7 2011 5:52 PM

I like the futuer masterwork one myself to many of them are exactly that and I know what you mean because you hit a snag. That's one of the reasons it took so long to finish the bargello. I had to wait for the class to reopen almost a year later it is only offered every so often on quiltuniversity.  But now it is done just no cross because the bargello is to small of a piece of the whole quilt and the cross is much larger. Plus my teacher told me if you look closely enough it looks like a cross is allready there in the bargello design. So now I am wondering if I am going to do just the bias strips of the celtic design or if they are going to be to large.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use