Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 2
Points 85
Vicky Healy Posted: Fri, Oct 9 2009 4:09 PM

Hi - I am not only a novice quilter (1 year ago) but new to QNN.  I love this site so far, allot of information and great how to videos.  I have only tackled table runners and quilts up to twin size so far.  I am not much for hand sewing but I love to cut, create and sew!  I have only done stitch in the ditch but plan on taking a machine quilting course next month.  I would love to learn machine applique but it is not offered locally so far. 

I have started planning better and learned to select fabric more carefully - I love this hobby and truly feel blessed to be able to sew and create.

I am looking for a fractured nine patch quilt pattern!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Hi Vicky and welcome to QCA.   

I was not sure if you were looking for a Tossed  9-patch or you were doing one, but if you are looking here is a pattern:

Disappearing 9-Patch 

I made this with 2.5" squares left over from another project and it was a lot of fun! I'm planning on making another one with bigger squares.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,948
Points 368,262
Kris replied on Fri, Oct 9 2009 6:23 PM

Hello Vicky. Welcome to the group. It's great having so many wonderful people with whom to share this passion for quilting.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,549
Points 245,907
Thea replied on Fri, Oct 9 2009 6:28 PM

Hi Vicky - Welcome to QCA.  You have found a great place full of tons of experience. 

Machine applique - I recommend a book by Beth Ferrier - her website is www.applewd.com  she has a great book that teaches a style of machine applique. 

I am a quiltoholic and love all parts of quilting.  I do not know what I would do if one day i woke up and was told i couldn't do it.  I am completely self taught - I love reading books so it was natural for me to buy quilting books.  I have a few favorites that I fall back on when trying something new.

Again welcome to the wonderful world of QCA.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,458
Points 416,719
gini replied on Fri, Oct 9 2009 10:03 PM

hi vicky,   you're an old pro if you've been quilting a year.  welcome to qca.  gini

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 408
Points 6,639
Shelia replied on Fri, Oct 9 2009 10:28 PM

Hi Vicky and welcome to the group.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185
Judy Iliff replied on Sat, Oct 10 2009 12:27 AM

Welcome to the QCA forums, Vicky!

Gillette, WY

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use