Tin Lizzie

Page 2 of 4 (56 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 55 Replies | 4 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 4
Points 95

Elaine, I am fairly new to the quilting world and this is my first post although I've been a member of QCA for over a year.  Anyway, your question, my friend has one she purchased with her two quilting buddies and she absolutely loves it.  She has quilted about five quilts so far and they're beautiful.  She said it was easy to use.  I fell it love with it myself last year at the Houston show and would love to have one.  Hope you get it.  Let us know

• | Post Points: 80
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,536
Points 417,914
gini replied on Fri, Oct 9 2009 10:23 PM

gerrie, welcome,  we're pretty nosy, tell us a little about yourself, what kind of quilts you like to make, etc.    hope we hear more from you     gini

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Hi Gerrie and welcome to QCA.  As gini said we are a bit nosy but we don't bite so jump right in and tell us about yourself.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185
Judy Iliff replied on Sat, Oct 10 2009 12:06 AM

Sue, welcome to the QCA forums. If you can, I'd love to see pictures of the quilts you've quilted.

Gillette, WY

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185
Judy Iliff replied on Sat, Oct 10 2009 12:08 AM

Gerrie, I welcome you, too, to the QCA forums!

Gillette, WY

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,687
Points 248,757
Thea replied on Sat, Oct 10 2009 12:16 AM

Welcome to QCA Gerrie, glad to see you decided to chime in!  Love to get to know you better!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 179
Points 2,800
Linda Lou replied on Sat, Oct 10 2009 9:43 PM

Yes Thea,

I will be attending the show on preview night (Wed) and onThursday I will be trying out all of the long arms I can find  and then on  Saturday I will be with my daughter, daughter-in-law, and granddaughter.

Do you know where Jodie will be? I will definitely go by.

Linda Lou

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,687
Points 248,757
Thea replied on Sat, Oct 10 2009 10:12 PM

Linda - as far as I know Jodie will only be there for market - look for a camera crew!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Linda Lou:

Yes Thea,

I will be attending the show on preview night (Wed) and onThursday I will be trying out all of the long arms I can find  and then on  Saturday I will be with my daughter, daughter-in-law, and granddaughter.

Do you know where Jodie will be? I will definitely go by.

Linda Lou

Linda, what fun. I hope you take lots of pictures to share with us. One of these days I'm going to get to go to a big show. You will have to tell us all about all the LAs you try out. Have a great time!!!!

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 32
Points 769
Elaine replied on Mon, Oct 12 2009 7:28 PM

Thank you Sue for your reply.  That would be the way to buy it on lay away.  Unfortunately, there are not even any dealers close to me so if I got one I would have to either buy it on line or at a quilt show.  I don't think I can do lay away that way.   Elaine

Elaine

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 32
Points 769
Elaine replied on Mon, Oct 12 2009 7:30 PM

Welcome Gerri ad thanks for your reply.  This is a very nice site.  I have heard a lot of nice things about the Tin Lizzie now and I think it would be the quilt machine I would pick if I was to get one.  Still debating.  Elaine

Elaine

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,687
Points 248,757
Thea replied on Mon, Oct 12 2009 7:31 PM

Linda and Elaine - I got this link in my email about the handi quilter - if you might be interested in one of those - I have heard good things about them.

http://www.handiquilter.com/myhqstorywinners

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Elaine :

Thank you Sue for your reply.  That would be the way to buy it on lay away.  Unfortunately, there are not even any dealers close to me so if I got one I would have to either buy it on line or at a quilt show.  I don't think I can do lay away that way.   Elaine

Elaine, you may be able to do it through their factory.  They are located in Salt Lake City and the number is on their web site. It cannot hurt to give them a call and see what they can do for you.  We don't have a dealer here either, there is a Representative who sells out of her home and will apparently meet us if we call. I may do that one of these days.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

They also sell frames Elaine. I would call Salt Lake.  I hope to go down there one of these days.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,687
Points 248,757
Thea replied on Mon, Oct 12 2009 7:49 PM

here is another link that they sent me about the winners stories and their factory

http://www.handiquilter.com/myhqstorywinnersvideo

I had been looking into this one along with some others and have been getting information from the different dealers.  

Page 2 of 4 (56 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use