Page 1 of 4 (56 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 55 Replies | 4 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 32
Points 769
Elaine Posted: Fri, Oct 9 2009 10:41 AM

Does anyone have the Tin Lizzie 18 sewing machine.  I noticed they are running a close out special on line and I was just looking for some comments about it.  Thanks, Elaine

Elaine

• | Post Points: 104
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Not sure I've welcomed you yet Elaine, so, Hi and welcome to QCA.

On the TinLizzie, I don't have one but have looked at them really hard. Unfortunately, we are going to have to do something with our furnace so there is no way I can get one at this time. I don't live too far from SLC where they make them and had planned to go down and check them out but probably won't happen now.

I hope someone will come along who has one.  There are a couple of Yahoo groups that are really helpful

HomeQuiltingSystems

TinLizzie18

You do have to join but there is lots of good info. The Home Quilting System one covers all home systems and is very active.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,252
Points 239,972
Thea replied on Fri, Oct 9 2009 11:30 AM

Elaine - a friend of mine at Nuts and Bolts in Hunter OK has one and she love hers.  I have been asking her about it and it does seem reasonably priced and they have a computerized program now for them too - all with a good price tag and if they are having a close out special I bet the price is really good.

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 32
Points 769

Althea,  I found one on line for $4,995. with free shipping and 0 per cent interest for one year.  I think the payments were 12 @ 420.00 or something close to that.  I keeping thinking about getting one but don't know for sure if I will.

Elaine

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 171
Points 4,518
masufa replied on Fri, Oct 9 2009 7:02 PM

Hi Eliane, Welcome I don't have a Tin Lizzy but one thing I would check on before buying online is where do you go if you need service and who is going to help you set it up. Just a couple of things to think about.

Masufa

Klamath Falls,OR

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,252
Points 239,972
Thea replied on Fri, Oct 9 2009 7:12 PM

Elaine  that is the approx price that they told me - and it was another 5000 for the statler stitcher to go with it.  I am still in the waiting mode - DH needs to get back to work and all these house projects need to get done before I buy another large buy for my quilting. 

Since I started looking around 4 years ago prices have continued to come down.  they could come down a few more thousand for me to really get excited about it. 

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 32
Points 769

Thanks Masufa,  That is really something to think about.  I appreciate your help.

Elaine

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 32
Points 769

I know what you mean Althea about the price.  I have been looking for a couple of years myself and I just can't justify spending that much money.  I guess it would be different if I had a business or something.  But I just quilt for my own pleasure and I have much to learn.  It's just a thought at this stage.

Elaine

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 179
Points 2,800

Elaine,

I don't have a Tin Lizzie 18 yet, but I am going to go try one out at the Houston Quilt Festival next week.  Are you close enough to Houston to go to the festival?  QuiltFrog.com is in Spring, Texas just north of Houston and will be at the show.  For me, they would be the closest dealer. 

I* wish you luck on your journey to a long arm.  I have been doing a lot of research myself, and price is one reason I am looking at the Tin Lizzie.  Let me know if you get one.

Linda Lou

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 32
Points 769

Hi Linda Lou,  No, unfortunately I am nowhere near Houston.  I am in Pennsylvania.  I haven't looked yet to see if there is a dealer near me.  I will look into that.  Have a great time at the quilt festival.  Elaine

Elaine

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 95
morkac replied on Fri, Oct 9 2009 8:22 PM

I purchased a Tin Lizzie 18LS and I just love it.  I have had it now for about 6 months and still learning new tricks and ways to use my rulers.  I purchased mine thru layaway it take me about  one year and two months but I got what I wanted.  I look at the Gammill and it was just to high for me right now.  I will keep working with my and learn different quilting designs.  I am not sorry that I purchased it.  I have quilted now 3 quilts and will begin to work on my next one next week.  Just thought I would let you know how much I love my Tin Lizzie 18LS.

Sue Freeman in Greenville, Texas

• | Post Points: 95
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,252
Points 239,972
Thea replied on Fri, Oct 9 2009 8:24 PM

Linda, Are you close enough to go over during Market - Jodie will be there and I am sure she would like to see a friendly face.  i wish I was close enough to come down - I am close but not that close.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,812
MNnancy replied on Fri, Oct 9 2009 8:52 PM

Welcome to QCA, Sue!  I'm envious of your long arm purchase.  Would you care to post a picture of one of your quilts?  We all love pictures!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,252
Points 239,972
Thea replied on Fri, Oct 9 2009 9:02 PM

Sue, I am very happy for you and hope you will post some pictures for us soon.  I really love pictures - one of the favorite things I have to do here is oooh and ahhh over all the beautiful quilts. 

We don't have a local distributer close by right now but am hoping that in January when they have the Winter Quilt show in OKC that I can look at one up close and personal... I know it isn't in the cards for a few years.  I have to get this house finished up so we can sell it... I truly do want to move east and that is my priority right now...lol  I am still learning to quilt on my domestic machine - once I am real experienced at that and get my disease under control so I can stand long enough to LA quilt... I will be off and running...

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Sue, hello and welcome to QCA

I'm jealous of your TL but it sounds like you worked really hard to get it.  I hope you will come back and post some pictures of your baby and the quilts you have done thus far.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Page 1 of 4 (56 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use