Looking for a discontinued Hoffman for a McKenna Ryan quilt

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 10 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
7 Posts
Points 125
Barbara Q posted on Sun, Jul 17 2011 6:38 PM

Hello, I'm new here. Stumbled on this site searching the web for a discontinued Hoffman, McKenna Ryan's Silent Inspirations Hoffman California PN014 in Spruce. I need at least a half yard, but if you just want to sell me a yard or whatever, I'll buy it. You know that old addage, "Measure twice, cut once," well, I didn't. It's a background for a block for McKenna's "In Full Bloom" and I thought I could piece it, but it is very noticable. So.......If I can't get ahold of this fabric, anyone have any suggestions? Thanks. Email me at bqualteria@msn.com if you have this fabric or know where I can buy some. Thanks so much! Barbara Q

• | Post Points: 50

All Replies

Top 100 Contributor
Female
1,024 Posts
Points 16,170

Hi Barbara,

Could you post a picture of the fabric. I don't want to get your hopes up but I have lots of green and I love the older dicontinued fabrics.

Judylee

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
7 Posts
Points 125

Will do. Thanks Judylee. I've taken the photo, now I have to figure out how to post it here :D I can tell you its an ombre fabric that kind of looks like whisps or whiskers, and the true color is light yellowish green to dark blue green. Let me see about getting the picture on here.

Barbara

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
7 Posts
Points 125

Here is a photo of the fabric. The color isn't clear though. I'll try again tomorrow in natural light. The thin strip in the middle is what I cut out of the middle section...exactly what I need an 18" width of. Ahrgh!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
9,059 Posts
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Mon, Jul 18 2011 11:45 AM

Barbara,

Post your fabric picture along with all info concerning the name, manufacturer, and style number over at www.missingfabrics.com.  They have a pretty good success rate in locating hard to find fabrics.  There is no cost.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 100 Contributor
Female
1,024 Posts
Points 16,170

Hi Barbara,

Nancy;'s Notions carries a large supply of Hombre fabrics.  Type in Hombre in th search bar on the upper right of the screen and all will be listed.  I don't have this in my stash, Sorry!

Judylee

Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,482 Posts
Points 43,630

thats a lovely color.  i wish you luck.

Not Ranked
Female
7 Posts
Points 125

Thanks, everyone. I'll give those suggestions a try. I'll report back. I just may have to use my pieced block background. If you've ever seen or done a McKenna Ryan quilt, you'll know they are quite busy. I'll keep you posted. Thanks again.

Barbara Q

Not Ranked
1 Posts
Points 20

Hi Barbara,

I don't know if it is tool later for the quilt you are working on, but I found the fabric at:  http://www.quiltersobsession.com/hoffman-bali-batik-spruce-varigated-p-4572.html

and it is on sale. Which quilt pattern are you using the fabric for?

Not Ranked
Female
7 Posts
Points 125

jjgteacher:

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I ordered the fabric and it arrived Saturday. It is exactly what I needed for the McKenna Ryan "In Full Bloom" quilt. I have a kit, but I cut the background for a block wrong and needed to replace the fabric. When this baby is finished, I'll post a picture. Thanks again.

Barbara 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
27,717 Posts
Points 436,750
Nana replied on Mon, Nov 28 2011 7:47 PM

Barbara Q

I am so glad that you found your fabric.  Anxiously awaiting pics.

Vinton, Virginia

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use