Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 9 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 58
Points 2,110
Steph Posted: Sun, Jul 10 2011 9:29 AM

Can anyone help?  I'm searching for a versatile quilting/cutting table--one large enough to do the job but also able to be set up at different heights (sort of like an ironing board).  In short, I need to be able to use it standing at cutting level or sitting.  I've been cruising the web, but haven't found anything.  Can anyone steer me in the right direction?

• Filed under:
  • | Post Points: 80
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,812
MNnancy replied on Sun, Jul 10 2011 12:37 PM

Funny you should ask.  Just two days ago, I drove a couple of hours to visit a good friend who has recently gotten into quilting.  I'm convinced she wants to open her own quilt shop because she is buying every gadget out there.  Her newest acquisition?  A Martelli cutting table work station with electric leg lifts.  Warning:  they're pricey!  (but very sturdy)

Martelli Online Store

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 65,998
Jeanine replied on Sun, Jul 10 2011 12:59 PM

I have a Horn cutting table which I LOVE.  It doesn't adjust but the chair I bought for the sewing table also can be adjusted higher to sit at the cutting table.  Just a thought...

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Mon, Jul 11 2011 3:31 PM

that would be a cheaper solution.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,057
Points 13,695
Carey replied on Tue, Jul 12 2011 8:40 PM

Well what I did was buy a normal cutting table and bought a drafters chair so problem solved for me. Much cheaper still than the ones they sell through koala and what not.

The chair takes care of the height problem instead of the table btw ;)

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 92
Points 2,430

I'm always looking for inexpensive ideas, so I'm heading to Goodwill to search for an old ironing board and have my hubby make a snug fitting cutting top to fit the ironing board frame using plywood/formica and another plywood top for ironing covered with batting and muslin.   The tops can then be changed depending on the task.

Kathy

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,195
Points 24,070
Elizabeth replied on Mon, Oct 3 2011 10:59 AM

My sisiter just told me about this tip.  One of her quilting teachers did it and she said it was wonderful

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,307
Points 20,790
KATHY replied on Mon, Oct 3 2011 11:04 AM

a piece of plywood covered with sticky backed shelf paper liner on top of rubbermaid tall drawers put together works great too!   right height!

CLEVELAND, TEXAS

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 65

That's a great idea. Glad you are shopping at the Goodwill store.

Nancy

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use