Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 15 Replies | 4 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 7
Points 375
jdsews Posted: Wed, Jul 6 2011 2:30 PM

My name is Jenny. I live in Minnesota with my husband and son. I just started quilting earlier this year after I saw a video on the internet, and there my love for quilting began. I started teaching myself from watching videos, books, and whatever I could find on the internet. I'm learning as I go. Someday, I would love to learn from an actual person. I found a lovely quilt shop near home but I haven't gotten around to signing up for an actual class yet. I'm also, hoping to learn more from this club and all of you as well.

I quilt when my little one is sleeping, or any down time, also when there's time on the weekends. My fabric stash keeps growing and growing! I love learning new techniques and sketching out new patterns for quilts. I'm just in awe of all the wonderful things you can do with fabric.

I have put together a couple of quilts, wall hangings, and other things. I also, have several projects that are my "someday" - (someday I will finish them) projects.

Now there's no going back, I'm already hooked!

I look forward to getting to know all of you!

Jenny

• | Post Points: 125
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,438
Points 176,143
Marie replied on Wed, Jul 6 2011 2:54 PM

Welcome Jenny, what a cutie patootie your son is!

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,034
Points 65,515
Robin replied on Wed, Jul 6 2011 3:29 PM

Welcome Jenny,

Teaching yourself is a great way to start!   It help me get over my fear of messing up.  When I took my first class I was amazed at all the neat tricks for doing things and I had sewn for years.   As long as you're having fun it's a great day quilting and if you're having a day were if it can go wrong it will then it's a good day willing which is better than any day that doesn't involve quilting.  Your son is too cute.

Robin

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 27
Points 330

Welcome Jenny! I understand about the growing stash...mine grows much faster than my finished products. I have quite a few UFO also (un finished objects) I started quilt about a year and a half ago when I fell in love with it. Since, I have taken a couple of classes and made lots of new quilting friends! If there is a quilters guild in your area, you may find that very helpful and FUN! Enjoy!!

Eileen

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,415
Points 415,724
gini replied on Wed, Jul 6 2011 4:26 PM

hi jenny, welcome to the group.  i've been quilting a long time and my UFO's would be taller than my house if i piled them up.  

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598

Welcome Jenny.  You will find lots of help here.  Everyone is great about answering your questions. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Wed, Jul 6 2011 9:50 PM

Hi Jenny!  What part of Minnesota are you in?  We have five quilt shops and two quilt guilds in the Brainerd Lakes area, so I have been meeting lots of quilters in classes and at the guild meetings and/or on shop hop buses.  I've never met a quilter I didn't like!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,399
Points 119,586
Patti replied on Wed, Jul 6 2011 10:10 PM

Welcome Jenny.  I love your Mother's day dresden wall hangings.  and that darling little boy in your avatar!

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, Jul 7 2011 12:04 AM

Jenny,welcome to the club, there are several of us that are newbie  here ,I've just been quilting alittlw over a year, you will love this club. Oh and what a cutie your young man is ..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,811
Points 365,767
Kris replied on Thu, Jul 7 2011 12:15 AM

Welcome Jenny.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082

Hi Jenny, welcome

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,438
Points 176,143
Marie replied on Thu, Jul 7 2011 7:49 AM

MNnancy:
I've never met a quilter I didn't like!

Nancy that's because quilters are the nicest people, I thought everyone knew that!  LOL

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,438
Points 176,143
Marie replied on Thu, Jul 7 2011 7:56 AM

Leslie, what have you been up to?  I'm having a dry spell.  Not with adding to my stash but sewing.  I'm going to have to add another room to my house if I don't start  using some of it.  Maybe I'll have a fabric sale to reduce the inventory.  LOL

Millbury, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,810
Points 43,674
Eileen replied on Thu, Jul 7 2011 8:17 AM

Welcome to the club, Jenny :-)  Quilting is fun - glad you found your love for it & joined QCA!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,537
Points 21,100

Welcome Jenny.

Margaret

Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use