OK, they're all gone now, thanks.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Jun 18 2011 8:52 PM
QCA Admin:
Re: quote issue, are you by chance clicking on Quick Reply? That does not have a quote feature. Re: paragraphs, try clicking on Alt then Enter. Click Enter by itself may be assuming "Post" vs. paragraph.
No, I am not using the Quick Reply. I found a work around. I am now able to insert replies by typing in the coding [quote user=".... I'll try your suggestion for paragraph breaks right HERE. Nope, alt+enter will not create a paragraph break. I also noticed that I lost my toolbar. I have no option for changing font, style, adding a picture, etc. Any ideas as to what is wrong? Again, I'm using Firefox on a PC with Windows XP.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Jun 18 2011 9:10 PM
Okay, just figured out that I can get paragraph breaks by using HTML for the start and end of each paragraph - you know "p" and "/p" inside the sideways carrots. I'll bet I can use HTML for font styles, too, but why is this necessary for me? And how do I get the picture tool back? I'd have to find a web reference book to remember the HTML for picture insertion.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 790
Points 20,040
Carol replied on Sun, Jun 19 2011 5:35 PM

MNnancy:
Okay, just figured out that I can get paragraph breaks by using HTML for the start and end of each paragraph - you know "p" and "/p" inside the sideways carrots. I'll bet I can use HTML for font styles, too, but why is this necessary for me? And how do I get the picture tool back? I'd have to find a web reference book to remember the HTML for picture insertion.

Nancy, sure wish I could help you with this, but first, someone would have to tell me what you just said!  I just had carrots with my supper salad, but none were sideways!  Would be nice to know what it all means!  LOL (couldn't resist!)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sun, Jun 19 2011 5:54 PM

MNnancy:
QCA Admin:
Re: quote issue, are you by chance clicking on Quick Reply? That does not have a quote feature. Re: paragraphs, try clicking on Alt then Enter. Click Enter by itself may be assuming "Post" vs. paragraph.
No, I am not using the Quick Reply. I found a work around. I am now able to insert replies by typing in the coding [quote user=".... I'll try your suggestion for paragraph breaks right HERE. Nope, alt+enter will not create a paragraph break. I also noticed that I lost my toolbar. I have no option for changing font, style, adding a picture, etc. Any ideas as to what is wrong? Again, I'm using Firefox on a PC with Windows XP.

this is a test by admin. Quote is working. Style bar is back.

Is paragraph working? yes.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,935
Points 778,145
QCA Admin replied on Sun, Jun 19 2011 5:58 PM

Hi MNnancy,

You should be all set.

In the "Edit Your Profile" - under site options - I changed the Content Editor back to "Standard" instead of "Enhanced." I then did a test post, and all your features are back including ability to quote, create a paragraph by hitting enter, and the toolbar shows up as well.

Best,

QCA Peg

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598

Carol:
Nancy, sure wish I could help you with this, but first, someone would have to tell me what you just said!  I just had carrots with my supper salad, but none were sideways!  Would be nice to know what it all means!  LOL (couldn't resist!)
Carol - now you know how I feel when I ask my DH a computer question and he starts this stuff!

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sun, Jun 19 2011 10:02 PM

QCA Admin:
You should be all set.

Yea!!!!  You're the best!  I suppose this was something I accidentally changed while poking around one day.  That will teach me!

You work on Sunday???

Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use