Top 10 Posters

Quilting Motif for a Bear Paw Quilt?

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
40 Posts
Points 885
Beth posted on Mon, Jun 13 2011 8:58 AM

I have been searching the internet looking for some motif idea for finishing the Bear Paw quilt I have.  99% of the time, I am getting the pattern page. 

My question to you is this... what motif would look good with a Bear Paw quilt?  If you click on my name and go to my gallery, the quilt is there to see.  Maybe visually seeing it, can give you an idea.   Hand quilting or machine quilting.  I welcome both ideas!

thanks!

Beth~

• | Post Points: 50

All Replies

Top 75 Contributor
Female
1,394 Posts
Points 27,280
Suggested by Ms MoomMist

This is beautiful Beth. You may want to think about something non-script because of the beautiful colors, so an overall meander if machine or outline of the paws and a simple wreath in the center would be very nice.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
13,676 Posts
Points 179,323
Marie replied on Mon, Jun 13 2011 11:02 AM

Beautiful quilt Beth.  Maybe an all over machine quilting pattern of a vine?  Or vines between the paw blocks with a tree motif in the squares?

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
27,736 Posts
Points 437,195
Nana replied on Mon, Jun 13 2011 11:21 AM

Beth

Beautiful quilt.  I have a quilting stencil that has bear and pine trees that just meander across the quilt.  Something like that would be very neat. 

Vinton, Virginia

Top 100 Contributor
Female
1,025 Posts
Points 16,160

Hi Beth,

I am a LAQ and have quilted a couple of bear paw designs. I use an old fashioned projector sheet, draw a bear paw, sketch my designs on them and then lay them over the quilt  and then pick my favorite. My favorite one was stitching 1/4 inch outside the paws and then doing a very small meander in the background. It turned out beautifully.

Judylee

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use