Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 9 Replies | 5 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 12
Points 135
Roberta Posted: Sat, Jun 11 2011 3:58 PM

I'm cleaning out some of the clutter in my house and have numerous quilting magazines. I know I cannot keep these forever and most have at least one pattern that I really liked. Any suggestions on how to deal with these and not let them take over my life?

Roberta

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618

I made up big notebooks with patterns I liked.  Mine are 3" binders and I used sheet protectors to hold my patterns.  I now have 3 of these 3" notebooks.  :o{  I really doubt I will make all these designs in my lifetime but just think how overrun I would be if I had all the magazines that they were in originally!  If you don't want to take the magazines apart because you want to pass then on to some quilting buddies, you can photocopy the patterns you like. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 3,090
Cathie replied on Sat, Jun 11 2011 7:03 PM

I keep anything I print or cut out in a 2 drawer file. One of these days I'll label the folders.

Cathie     Mt Joy pA

Not Ranked
Male
Posts 3
Points 50
Stu replied on Sat, Jun 11 2011 8:31 PM

I, too, take the patterns that I like out, or the ones that I think I'd eventually want to do when I gain more experience, and put them in clear sheet protectors.  For those that I want to keep whole, I write the names of the patterns I want to remember are in the issue on the front in marker.  I'm place in binders. I have a binder for blocks, one for mag patterns and one for bought printed patterns.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,828
Points 248,709
Barbara replied on Sun, Jun 12 2011 1:41 AM

These are all great idea , I need to do aomething like this ,  thanks for the tips .Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 153
Points 2,170
Jeanne replied on Sun, Jun 12 2011 2:27 PM

I scanned the picture and pattern of the quilts I wanted to keep to make ""someday"" and they are now transferred onto flash drives. I made 3 of the drives to be given to certain loved ones when I am gone.

Jeanne from Warrensburg, Missouri

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618

Jeanne - that's an idea that my computer nut hubby would think of.  I'm having enough trouble trying to figure out how to put embroidery designs onto a flash drive to use with my machine.  :o{ 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Not Ranked
Male
Posts 1
Points 20

Its great but you make shure its done. That someone really do that.

Magnetic Chokes

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,402
Points 119,641
Patti replied on Thu, Jun 16 2011 8:27 AM

Welcome William.   Tell us about yourself.  Have you been quilting long? 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618

William - I am sorry but I am not understanding what you mean in your post. 

By the way, welcome to QCA

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use