HELP!!!!!!!

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 8 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
1,154 Posts
Points 14,985
Dawn posted on Sat, Jun 4 2011 11:38 AM

Working on Granddaughter's quilt and my DD wants one of the fabrics I have, BUT, I only have 1 yard and the pattern calls for a yard and a quarter!  I would really like to find more, but I have searched JoAnn's website, as it is exclusively for JoAnn's, no luck.  My DD in KC where we bought the fabric 3 months ago, looked for it, but can't find it either.  I don't have the receipt anymore, so no numbers either . . . anyway, am attaching a pic, if anyone sees it, I would pay for it and postage . . . thanks so much!  I hope to find it, but if not, I could make the border smaller, but I really hate to, the larger border is just perfect for the quilt and we of course based the fabric choices on this fabric . . . anyway . . .

• | Post Points: 65

All Replies

Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,770 Posts
Points 66,013

I know the fabric and have used the fabric.  Don't know if I can still put my fingers on any if we have some left as I just packed up my quilt room to prepare for the flood.  However, if I come across it or if some comes back to me when my quilt group meets next Saturday, I will let you know.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,270 Posts
Points 35,195

Dawn,  Have you tried the site thousandsofbolts.com.    It seems to me that I saw something similar when I was grazing through thier site a couple of weeks ago.

Good luck with your search

Granny M

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
1,154 Posts
Points 14,985
Dawn replied on Sat, Jun 4 2011 7:01 PM

Thanks ladies!  I will try the site!  I guess this will teach me to only buy one yard of fabric!  :-)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
13,314 Posts
Points 154,618

Dawn - the general concensus with a lot of the ladies here is to buy 3 yards. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
28,541 Posts
Points 416,959
gini replied on Sat, Jun 4 2011 7:58 PM

Marge (AKA Dimples):
the general concensus with a lot of the ladies here is to buy 3 yards. 

if you really really love it,  you need  6 yards just in case. and if you love it SO much you are shaking, just get the entire bolt.   :  )     gini

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,819 Posts
Points 43,839

Dawn, is there a pattern name or number on the selvage? MIght help you search for it.  Good luck :-)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
1,154 Posts
Points 14,985
Dawn replied on Sun, Jun 5 2011 3:33 PM

Eileen, no, it just says made and designed exclusivly for JoAnn's and then has the colored dots that are numbered.  I will be keeping receipts for a while too . . .  Thanks! 

I haven't had any luck on any of the websites either.  Will just have to figure something out . ..

Thanks everyone!

Not Ranked
Female
21 Posts
Points 420

Try posting your picture of the fabric on www.missingfabrics.com - is a great site for anyone short of a specific fabric.  Good luck!

~ Sewonforever

Sewonforever

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use