Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 4 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 8
Points 340
Margie Posted: Fri, Sep 25 2009 2:56 AM

My brother finally brought me Mom's machine that she had purchased before she spent 8 weeks in the hospital before she passed away. I am getting to know the machine and am going to take a  Basic Sewing class at Joanns and then a quitling class. I have projects to do before Christmas. I probably will looking for help. I am going to watch videos.

Margie in Valrico FL

This too shall pass!

Margie

• | Post Points: 80
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 29
Points 972
sissi replied on Fri, Sep 25 2009 7:17 AM

Good luck with you machine and your projects.  I am sure you will enjoy qulting.....see I was never interested in sewing and my mother was a seemstress(not sure if this is how you spell it) and she kept trying to teach me but I was not interested....only a year and a half ago, I was intriqued my quilting because I thought it would bring friends close and we could talk about it when we grew old to our grandchildren.....my friends never took interest in it...but I love it...it relaxes me and I love to see the final product and makes me proud.....I sometimes forget about my problems and others.....

Just think that it is a gift from your Mom....and we need those to keep us going....a reminder that they are with us....

Sorry for your lost and keep on qulting....

Celine

Celine

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 166
Points 4,190
Janie replied on Fri, Sep 25 2009 7:24 AM

Margie,

If I haven't welcomed you to QCA, then Welcome! You are approaching this new craft the right way with taking classes. Keep us up to date with your classes and projects and don't forget to post pictures.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Marge,

You are starting off correctly. Taking a class will help you get to know your machine and they will be able to help you with all the things your machine can do.  You will be creating wonderful things before you know it.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,705
Points 364,337
Kris replied on Fri, Sep 25 2009 10:14 AM

Margie,

I'm so glad you finally got your sewing machine. I wish you many happy hours of sewing. Good luck with the classes.

I will look forward to seeing photos of your projects.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185
Judy Iliff replied on Fri, Sep 25 2009 12:11 PM

Margie, glad you finally got the machine. You'll think about your mom every time you use it, and that's cool! I will be interested to hear what you learn in class. There's usually something someone else teaches that I've never heard before. Have fun!

Gillette, WY

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,327
Points 241,652
Thea replied on Fri, Sep 25 2009 1:08 PM

Margie, I am very happy that you finally have the machine... what a nice thing to happen.  Remember we are all here to help if you run into any bumps along the way. 

I may have missed it, as I have been in and out over the past few days, but did you say what kind of machine it is?  just curious. 

Christmas projects are my favorites to do.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,511
Sandy H. replied on Sat, Sep 26 2009 5:55 PM

Hi Margie, don't think I've welcomed you so ... Welcome to QCA.  So glad you got your machine and are planning to take classes.  Classes are usually so much fun and if you learn something too that's a plus.

Southwest Florida

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,524
Points 138,868
Stephanie replied on Sat, Sep 26 2009 8:58 PM

Hi Margie, Welcome. I hope you find as much joy in your sewing endeavors as we have. Even through the blunders of seam ripping (frogging) and cutting things short etc. it is still the most rewarding and stress relieving avenue I have found, to say the least of all the new friends and endless information that is available. Keep us posted on your progress and I hope your classes are full of fun.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use