Top 10 Posters

I'm new and I would like to join your friendly group

Page 2 of 4 (46 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 45 Replies | 7 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 33
Points 585

Hi Joyce:  We live on Lake Tapps which is close to Sumner and Bonney Lake and also not too far from Auburn.  We have a lovely apartment in our son's house which is wonderful.   I like a nosy bunch and also teasing,

• Filed under:
  • | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Dorothy Gordon:

I like a nosy bunch and also teasing,

Then you should be really happy here 

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 33
Points 585

Hi Spudgrandma:  I can see that I'm going to have a lot of fun with this group and will ask some questions before long.

What is an easy way to get to these notes.  I've been trying for about 10 minutes and don't even know how I got here. I do have a problem don't  I.F

• Filed under:
  • | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Dorothy Gordon:

Hi Spudgrandma:  I can see that I'm going to have a lot of fun with this group and will ask some questions before long.

What is an easy way to get to these notes.  I've been trying for about 10 minutes and don't even know how I got here. I do have a problem don't  I.F 

Ask away Dorothy everyone here is more than willing to help and answer. To find the thread -

Also be sure to check out

10 Steps to Getting Started You will be chatting like the rest of us in no time LOL

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Wed, Sep 23 2009 9:52 PM

Hi Dorothy,

I don't want to miss the chance to send you greetings from Minnesota.  Now that school is back in session, I only get to log on in the evening, but the beautiful part about discussion forums is that you all can find and read my comments in the morning just as I read your daytime comments at night.  I hope you find your way back here using Spud's directions.  I am delighted to see an 80-year-young woman using computers!  Some of the teenagers I work with could learn from you.

I love visiting your state - especially the Yakima wine region!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Not Ranked
Posts 33
Points 585

Washington state is really beautiful.  I'm not only on the computer I'm also on Facebook and I'm enjoying it all.

• Filed under:
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,537
Points 416,944
gini replied on Thu, Sep 24 2009 1:45 AM

dorothy, welcome. it's always fun to have new victims, er members.  i had a good friend that lived in lake tapps for years.  she taught tole painting at the local ben franklins.     we loved visiting her.  mt rainier was close enough to reach out and touch, or seemed so.   we lived in  pt gamble for 8 years, kirkland for 8 years  and kenmore for 5 years.  so i'm pretty familiar with the area.  i miss all the rain, really.   i thought the weather was wonderful.    the only thing i missed was the snow. now we live back in idaho and i get plenty of snow in the winter.   but i miss the long drizzle season.    i am so ready for summer to be done.    any way, i'm glad to meet you , have fun here and happy quilting    gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Thu, Sep 24 2009 5:03 AM

Hi Dorothy, Welcome to the group. I don't remember ever meeting a nicer bunch of Ladies and it's so nice to have someone to share  our common interests with. It's like having a large extended  family. I can't wait until you learn to post pictures and share some of your quilts. It's easier to post them in a forum like this post than to do show and tell. It takes about a week there, but you probably have a better chance there of more people seeing them I have decided to make this a productive day, I have a wall hanging to do some stippling on and I'm definitely going to make some time for myself to do some work on it even if it's only an hour. Have a great day.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,700
Points 248,197
Thea replied on Thu, Sep 24 2009 8:24 AM

Dorothy, I would like to welcome you to QCA.  this is a fun group.  I won't be here much today - but wanted to say welcome to the group.  I am taking a class from Marsh McCloskey - learning how to draft feathered star blocks...so much fun!  Hope you talk lots to us.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 59
Points 1,180
Nancy D. replied on Thu, Sep 24 2009 8:27 AM

Hi Dorothy,

Welcome! It will be nice to hear from you and to see photos of your quilts. As far as questions are concerned, just ask away and someone will give you the answers. I just learned something new from Spudgrandma about how to get to a specific place in the forums. It is much quicker than what I have been doing.

By the way, would someone please tell me what RSS means? (Seen at the bottom of the page in forums)

Nancy D.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Nancy D.:

By the way, would someone please tell me what RSS means? (Seen at the bottom of the page in forums)

Nancy D.

Nancy,

RSS (Rich Site Summary) is a format for delivering regularly changing web content.  Most  news-related sites, weblogs and other online publishers syndicate their content as an RSS Feed. You can have RSS feeds to your web browser or your cell phone, PDA and such. It takes out the frills such as the fancy formating and just gives you the basics. Hope that is clear as mud LOL

BTW, just click on the RSS at the bottom of the page and you will see what it looks like (I promise it will not make your nose fall off)  After you look you can just hit the back button and go back to the regular page.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,035
Points 369,002
Kris replied on Thu, Sep 24 2009 10:24 AM

RSS is a good way to stay current. If you subscribe to an RSS feed you will always have the latest updates/changes.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,540
Points 46,089
Helen Bell replied on Thu, Sep 24 2009 10:37 AM

Hi Dorothy and welcome...we are a very chatty bunch and some of us more than others....I am on my way home from a trip and will be online a lot more when I get back..I hope!!..great to see that you are using this technology...I look forward to seeing pictures of some of your work.

Ontario, Canada

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,537
Points 416,944
gini replied on Thu, Sep 24 2009 5:24 PM

althea, i'm so jealous.  what a treat to take a class from marsha mccloskey.   let us know how it went    gini

gini in north idaho

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,312
Points 22,003
Edith replied on Thu, Sep 24 2009 6:05 PM

Dorothy

My dear lady you are never too old to quilt. 

Now I must introduce myself , I am Edith from Canada. I am the wild outspoken one. I guess

I can not say enough wonderful things about this site. The ladies are so friendly , helpful , kind , caring ,I could go on and on. But if you have been reading the posts you already have gathered this. 

They have helped me through quilting woes as well as many illnesses , bad days. good days. They are just always there for me and it is the best site I have ever belonged to  that I really enjoy!!

I think Your knowledge will only be beneficial to this group, as is everyone's. I don't think there is one day on this site that I have not learned something. 

We have little rivalries about our pets. (I prefer dogs)

Type of quilting preferences, Applique, pieced, etc.Folk Art, Traditional. 

Prewash or not---Steam or Dry?Anyway--Welcome Welcome 

Page 2 of 4 (46 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use