I'm new and I would like to join your friendly group

Page 1 of 4 (46 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 45 Replies | 7 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 33
Points 585
Dorothy Gordon Posted: Wed, Sep 23 2009 1:11 PM

My name is Dorothy Gordon and have really enjoyed reading all your little notes to each other.  I'm married and in my 80s and enjoy quilting as a matter of fact I figured I was getting too old to quilt but I'm hooked and can't get it out of my system.  I live in Washington state.

• Filed under:
  • | Post Points: 125
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Hi Dorothy and welcome to QCA.  I'm so glad you have joined us and I don't think we are ever too old to learn something new or pick up something we had stopped for one reason or another.  I look forward to getting to know you and hope you will share what you are up to as you may have guessed we are a friendly group but we are also nosy LOL

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185

Welcome to the QCA forums, Dorothy! It was so good of you to join our discussions. Please tells us when you started quilting and what kinds of quilts you like to make. Also, if you can, we'd love to see pictures of your quilts.

Gillette, WY

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 80
Points 835

Welcome Dorothy,

I'm glad you joined us. I think you'll like it here. Everyone is very friendly and helpful.

Jean

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,526
Sandy H. replied on Wed, Sep 23 2009 2:20 PM

Hi Dorothy and welcome to QCA.  You're right this is a very friendly group and there are lots of talented quilters here too.  We look forward to getting to know you.

Southwest Florida

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,414
Points 61,767

Welcome Dorothy--

So glad you've joined us.  I live in Everett, WA.  Is that near you?  This group has quilters of all ages and interest levels.  Hope you will become a regular poster and let us know lots about yourself.  As someone has already mentioned we are a nosy bunch, but it's all in fun.  We like teasing each other, but are also quick to help with any questions that come up.

Kissimmee, FL

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 408
Points 6,479
Carol replied on Wed, Sep 23 2009 4:55 PM

Hi Dorothy,

Welcome, you will have a great time here. I hope to still be quilting when I am in my eighties.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185

Carol:

Hi Dorothy,

Welcome, you will have a great time here. I hope to still be quilting when I am in my eighties.

I, on the other hand, hope to make it to my 80s! Jaci can then take me to quilt camp/retreat and obey my every beck and call. ;-)

Gillette, WY

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,036
Points 369,052
Kris replied on Wed, Sep 23 2009 6:09 PM

Hello Dorothy,

welcome to the group. As Spudgrandma said, you're never too old. Glad to have you with us.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 166
Points 4,190
Janie replied on Wed, Sep 23 2009 6:26 PM

Hi Dorothy,

Welcome to QCA. I've been a member for less than a month and everyone has been so friendly and helpful. I live in Maryland and have been quilting for 6 years. I do traditional pieced quilting. I've done a little applique, however not needle turn applique (haven't graduated to that yet). How long have you been quilting? Do you have any pictures of your quilts that you could share?

Not Ranked
Posts 33
Points 585

Wow! Was I surprised.  Thank you all for your messages.  One thing I do not know how to do is to put pictures on here but I'll get my son to show me.

Not Ranked
Posts 33
Points 585

I can see that I'm really going to enjoy this group.  Started quilting a number of years ago and did everything by hand but now I need to make some smaller things so I can finish them and do them on the sewing machine such as lap size size.

• Filed under:
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Dorothy Gordon:

Wow! Was I surprised.  Thank you all for your messages.  One thing I do not know how to do is to put pictures on here but I'll get my son to show me.

Dorothy,

Pictures are really easy: 

The instructions for posting a picture can be found here: Adding a picture!

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 173
Points 3,945

Judy Iliff:
Jaci can then take me to quilt camp/retreat and obey my every beck and call. ;-)

In your dreams!  I already told you that you will have drank up all of the Starbucks coffee by then!  LOL!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185

Jaci Worth:

Judy Iliff:
Jaci can then take me to quilt camp/retreat and obey my every beck and call. ;-)

In your dreams!  I already told you that you will have drank up all of the Starbucks coffee by then!  LOL!

Well, pooh! I thought I could slip this one by you! LOL!

Gillette, WY

Page 1 of 4 (46 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use