Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 35
2teachtwo Posted: Mon, May 23 2011 1:34 PM

Hi everyone,

I am a retired 2nd grade teacher who has quilted on and off for several years and have never posted or replied to a post .  I am trying to do  a two sided quilt that I am quilting in sections.   I am using a different pattern for each side in a 12" square.  I have completed all the squares, sewn the blocks into strips,sandwiched them, machine quilted the strips and am now ready to put them together.   I only want to put a sashing on one side to join them.. Every thing I have found on line has sashing on both sides when they are joined.  Will this work or do I need to try something else.  I may have jumped in further than I planned.    I have read different things on line and sort of went from there.  Marcia S

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,544
Points 417,019
gini replied on Mon, May 23 2011 5:07 PM

marcia, if you have tweve inch blocks for both sides and you add sashing to one side,  the blocks on the sashing side will be bigger than the ones on the other side.  i think you will need to sash both sides  

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,842
Points 248,959
Barbara replied on Tue, May 24 2011 12:02 AM

Marcia, welcome to the club, good luck on your quilt ,,I have just managed to do one side cna't even inmagine two , please keep us posted on how its going..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Tue, May 24 2011 9:49 AM

Check out Sharon Pederson. She specializes in two sided quilts.  She just did a class (which I missed) and a trunk show (which I didn't).  And Welcome, 

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use