Posts 26
Points 490

Thank you for your warm welcome!

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 26
Points 490

Welcome to The Sisterhood of Quilting as I like to call it...it is very additive and I'm sure you have found that out already!  Yes, please send me any questions you might have..I will "try" to answer them...if I answer right it will make me look smart, eh?

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 26
Points 490

I'm really looking forward to it...I've never sat down and done anything like this before so I'm getting the hang of the Site!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 26
Points 490

Thanks Gini.....I have relatives in Boise, Id........close to you?

• Filed under:
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 26
Points 490

Thank you Leslie...I bet you make some beautiful quilts in Missouri! 

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 26
Points 490

Ummmmm....what do we do with our quilts in Beautiful, Southern Californa....had to stick that in. 

We do lots of things with them, like take a quilt to the beach and after the sun goes down, well it can get a little chilly...of course you want someone else under there with you, in my case...my husband!.....so bring at least a Queen Size!

The difference and bed quilts that we make here is probably the Batting Choices.....we tend to use a lot of cotton batting that breaths...NEVER Wool Batting..now that would be a killer warm quilt for this area....

Remember, So. California is a desert...so yes we have wonderful weather the evenings do get chilly.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 26
Points 490

Yes, a sewing machine would be a lot faster but don't we all need a handwork project ready to pick up in those moment, as for me, the word Food creeps into my mind....Ha!

Did you know that The Log Cabin  was one of the first books Eleanor wrote...and it was all hand printed and drawn...I found an original at a Garage Sale.  Boy, was I stoked.  I took it in and showed it to El and you could see it taking her back to a different time in her life....she just said, "Where did you get this?'  It was a great moment to share with her.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 26
Points 490

Yes I am close to San Marcos.....I live in the town right next to San Marcos call Vista...Takes me 15-20 minutes to drive to QIAD!  Lucky, eh?

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 26
Points 490

Thank you Nana...I plan to have a lot of fun with all of you....and hopefully learn some tips from all of you!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 26
Points 490

I have and use a Gammill Classic Longarm Machine.  This is the number one rule to follow when choosing a Longarm Machine....Does it feel right?  Same as your domestic machine....our sewing machines are an extension of ourselves.  Second rule is:  Do you have a company that will back you up with answers and training...usually this will happen at the Store you bought your machine at.  You have to have support!  ...and meet other Longarmers in your area....here, yes, we are competitors as far as our business goes, but actually, we are all quilters and knowing other Longarm Operators....you'll learn a lot more tricks and ideas.  Your right about jumping into the deep end...that's exactly what we do when we purchase a longarm machine!  Nice to meet you!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 26
Points 490

Thank you Eileen, I'm really looking forward to meeting quilter's from all over!  How fun is that!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,398
Points 175,538
Marie replied on Thu, May 19 2011 3:35 PM

macyquilts:
Where did you get your QIAD Certification?

Macy, if you mean me, I don't have QIAD certification,  I am just so interested in anything and everything about QIAD since that's what got me started in this wonderful world of quilting.  Meeting EB is a longtime dream of mine that I hope one day comes true but I'm on the extreme E coast and she's on the W.  Who knows, dreams do come true in my world,  I wish you luck becoming a Speaker someday, the Lord is good.  Nice to meet you as well.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,398
Points 175,538
Marie replied on Thu, May 19 2011 4:20 PM

macyquilts:
Yes, please send me any questions you might have..

Macy, here goes your first question.  Last year some of the group made a quilt that required an odd sized flying geese block.  When you get a minute would you look at the pattern in the "Jodi's Block of the Month" thread and see if you could come up with the correct measurements to use for this block.  I know this is a lot to ask and I'm not in any hurry by no means but if you could do this I would be eternally grateful.  It was a stumper for a lot of us and most of us used the given directions and just made the block fit with a lot of coaxing.  I made the smaller version of the quilt, 9" block I think, but I never got any further than the center just before the flying geese were to be added.   We had a member Vickie who tried to be of great help to all of us but it still didn't work easily enough and I think she quit the site because of this.  I hope I'm not asking too much of you, if I am please disregard this request and accept my apology.

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,414
Points 61,767

Macy--

So happy you've joined us.  You're living a dream of mine, being affiliated with QIAD.  Like so many here, I got my first taste of the joy of quilting from watching Eleanor Burns on public tv.  Her teaching style is so relaxing and fun to watch and I can only imagine what taking one of her classes would be like.  Hope you'll be able to drop in often and share your experiences.  We have a great time here.

Kissimmee, FL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,407
Points 415,669
gini replied on Thu, May 19 2011 10:47 PM

macyquilts:

Thanks Gini.....I have relatives in Boise, Id........close to you?

it's about 650 miles from sandpoint to boise,  not so close.    gini

gini in north idaho

Page 2 of 3 (31 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use